Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Informative Speech Ideas
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
anthracitedub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Informative Speech Ideas Reply with quote

I gotta give my final speech next week, 7-10 minutes. Audience is mostly young 20 somethings about half male. I've got my own ideas outlined already, but I wanna have some fun with this speech and not be typical or boring. Anybody got any realistic suggestions?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
alexs64
Samba Savior

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speak on something you know about. Do you know the history of the VW Bug? It would take much to research online the starting middle and ending of production. Or speak on the differences between a split window and large window..?
(16:05:01) twinwindows: She prolly got a bigger dick then you
(16:05:07) sled: probably...
(16:05:12) VolksFire: chick with a dick
(16:05:17) sled: thats cool with me though
(16:05:20) twinwindows: A zwitter
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a subject in mind?
Can the speech be interactive?
Can you use any props?
PowerPoint?

A little help, please!
minger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you use chemicals?
anthracitedub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already did a speech on my 62 beetle, with some history facts. Yep you can use props, but they're not recommended. We usually use power point and we have to use statistics. I had 3 ideas, which I'm not completely sold on….
1 Things to consider when building a VW engine.
2 Why guys should stop wearing skinny jeans.
3 How to hang kitchen cabinets.

I think the skinny jeans thing would be funny, but I haven't sourced any stats on why guys should stop wearing them.

I mainly wanted to do something memorable and kinda funny, so the anti-skinny jeans campaign is gaining momentum.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JiI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anthracitedub wrote:

2 Why guys should stop wearing skinny jeans.

I think the skinny jeans thing would be funny, but I haven't sourced any stats on why guys should stop wearing them.

I mainly wanted to do something memorable and kinda funny, so the anti-skinny jeans campaign is gaining momentum.

Because they look Emo and whiny and noone wants excessive junk constriction!
Jeff
candyman
Samba Trout Slayer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you show Tim Burtons Nightmare before Xmas to illustrate how guys look in skinny jeans? That should help drive home your point... Who ever thought that was a good idea?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
anthracitedub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the jeans topic would be funny…the only thing is (already looked) I can't find any facts to add strength to my point other than opinion. This is my final speech and I want to meet all requirements for max points and I have to have 3 subjective and 3 objective sources. I'm going to look a little more for sources and if I can't find anymore, I'll have to bail on the topic and go to another one for lack of time.
Madtat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrive wearing aluminum foil as clothing with a coffee pot in one hand and a yo-yo in the other. Inform them that your speech will be on the stress and anxiety placed upon students given assignments that involve public speaking.
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

George Washington Carver. He's about as interesting a man as any in US History.
anthracitedub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who give a flying shit…I did my final speech over BDD, body dysmorphic disorder and got a 95 out of 100…whoot whoot..
wbrown45
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I ever contract BDD (?) I will contact you first! Congrats!!
anthracitedub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I learned a ton about this disorder and there is a 20% chance of sudden onset…so always take things with a grain of salt…or whatever that silly saying is Smile and thanks for the props.
Emeritusx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my speeches was about Robogenesis The first book in the robot bible (many years in the future) and it started as :In the beginning there was Man, and Man created robot in His own image.

I then went on to explain how the robots were fighting each other over their beliefs and how one faction knew that when you ceased to be alive you went to heaven to live with Man (if you believed in Him). Others thought Man was omnipotent and wanted all non believing robots to die.. etc etc... (I also noted man had been extinct now for 100000's of years). Got a 98% on that one... No props needed, just took the listener to a place of my creation, giving me Carte Blanche on the content.

Do this with foil and a YoYo and you might get a rubber room Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: