Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Madera VW Spring Fling 17 - May 01, 2011 - Madera CA
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
52HoffmanSplit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:13 am    Post subject: Madera VW Spring Fling 17 - May 01, 2011 - Madera CA Reply with quote

Please join us May 1st, 7:30am to 3pm (Easter moved us off our traditional April date) on the grass of the Madera Fairgrounds as New Old Stock VW presents our 17th edition of the Madera VW Spring Fling. Last year over 250 VW's showed and over 60 swappers. Please check out the photos at http://www.MaderaSpringFling.com

Over 23 classes (stock and custom--air cooled and water cooled) will have awards. These VW classes are participant judge. Our N.O.S. VW members can only display, not enter their VWs in the show.

A VW show entry is $15. VW toy entry is $5. VW parts swap space (20' x 20') is $20 (no reservations, please). We have VW Hot Wheels drag racing, banana eating contest and a coloring contest for the kids. We have a parade of champions. We park in class. Please NO DOGS (Fairground rules), alcohol beverages or loud stereos. ALSO NO BIKES OR SKATE BOARDS (fairground rule).

9/1950 Hoffman Standard
11/1966 Porsche 912
10/1966 Porsche 912
7/1968 Type 265 Double Cab
10/1958 Type 117
52HoffmanSplit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt see a thread up for Madera yet so.. for my good friend Gary I stuck it up. I was at this show last year and it simply rocked..!! I swapped and found some amazingly rare parts hidden out there in the central valley. I made a stack of cash too... met some extremely mellow people like the fantasically fuzzy Fresno James and his lovely wife and some extra cool folks from up here in the bay area.

Only a 2.5 hour drive from the East Bay!! I know, I know.. Bug-IN 36 is the same weekend.... but seriously.. pfffft I aint driving 7 hours for a show on sticky hot tarmac with super blown race bugs (brrrrriiiing your cammerraaaaaah!!!!!) when I could drive 2 1/2 hours and be on cool grass under shade trees. (nice people, good food and rare ass parts hidden amongst boat anchor stuff too!) Hey.... JMO.

Madera is a great show.... be there!

9/1950 Hoffman Standard
11/1966 Porsche 912
10/1966 Porsche 912
7/1968 Type 265 Double Cab
10/1958 Type 117
Tom Mohr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And do not forget the Eyeball Engineering sponsored Best Custom car $250 prize, and the Sebring West sponsored Best Stock $250 prize.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skinnerclassics
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a good time at a good show. I'll be there!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
unclespanky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over the past couple years I've noticed that the people handing out the fliers for this event ( at Red barn ) are extremely good folks and a pleasure to talk to. I'd like to go to this event.
LHG
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going... love the swap. Lots of regular folks cleaning out the stash with good prices.

I'll be rolling in doubleugly... be swapping too so come by and say Hi.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

www.facebook.com/groups/vintagevwclub/

Last edited by LHG on Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SSTBUG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will be there! Always are as the host club does a great job running this fun show.

Pops will be swapping, and we'll be showing the 57. Smile
VWSwap
Samba Sublime Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missed it last year, but am planning on going this time around. Gary and crew always put on an excellent show!
Bocho67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: address?....... Reply with quote

hi there, this is my firts time going to this show, does anybody have an exact address of where its at.So i can put it in to the GPS. thanks i'd really appreciate it...
tubdub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:55 am    Post subject: Re: address?....... Reply with quote

Bocho67 wrote:
hi there, this is my firts time going to this show, does anybody have an exact address of where its at.So i can put it in to the GPS. thanks i'd really appreciate it...

click on the link in the 1st post and it has the address listed
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
LHG
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: address?....... Reply with quote

Bocho67 wrote:

Also, if you go to the list of shows under the Community Tab, there is a google map link.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1850+W.+Cleveland+Avenue,+Madera,+CA
www.facebook.com/groups/vintagevwclub/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ellectronico
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there! Wouldn't miss it!

"you need to lower it", "it would look better lowered", "Slam that bitch!", "That would be a slutty bitch if it was lowered", "That bitch would be a bitchin bitch of a bitch bitch bus if it was on its nuts, bitch"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busded
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: address?....... Reply with quote

Bocho67 wrote:

It's really easy to find. Hwy 99 south take Cleavland Ave. exit and the fairgrounds are right there on the left. Can't miss it!
Busryder
Samba SuperHero

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: address?....... Reply with quote

LHG wrote:
Bocho67 wrote:

Also, if you go to the list of shows under the Community Tab, there is a google map link.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1850+W.+Cleveland+Avenue,+Madera,+CA

And I would be responsible for that Button Cool Cool , well sorta anyway.... I hope everyone likes it, I know that I have found it convenient on occasion.

I also hope to be there if I can, if I can find the time to take from work/lectures that is (I shouldn't even be posting this right now, I should be working on my 2 final projects/3 final papers/1 final presentation instead of commenting here Rolling Eyes ) this is the week before the week before finals here at UCM... but I have been trying gather swap crap in-between sessions. I also helped drumming123 rewire his new acquisition on Easter Sunday (VW Karma?)... hope he gets it done before it's time to leave. I want to (never do though) depart Merced around 3pm on Saturday; any other OVP rolling through the 99 around that time?

As far as that goes (the swap), I have a rear 66' walk-thru spare tire section/quarter panel clip, and a nose skin (pictured below) from the same bus, that I have been tossing around the idea of dragging with me... any deciding interest? Should I even waste my space?

Either way-I'd like to see you all there LHG and Bocho67, you too Busded... Thanks to Gary (et. al.), for being super cool to me, the ol' Lady, and the kids over all these years... and for sporting one of the best shows in the CV. Also, thanks to all of the super cool people that I see every year!

The only thing that I could even remotely complain about (and it ain't no "biggie" either) is that this year the show did not fall on my and madbiker's Birthday..... and the fact that my girls are drive me crazy this weekend because "we're sooo bored Dad", as they would complain to me. Gary, why can we not bring bicycles this year? I think that I have a good idea why though Crying or Very sad

Thanks again for the show guys, and I hope to see everyone else out there too... there is no spectacle without spectators. Wink I have my fingers crossed none-the-less. Pray

-Damian

Found Here!

I am a Dick, hear me roar- Laughing

Me, an OVP Lifer...
Busryder
Samba SuperHero

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: Off topic, I know... but, the last image was actually located here:http://speedhunters.com/archive/2009/05/14/random-snap-gt-gt-road-trippin-bus.aspx, not there above.

Sorry about the broken/dysfunctional link guys.... Embarassed Rolling Eyes Embarassed It was linked to from a link that drumming123 sent to me through PM. It should work now, giving the photographer due credit for this image. Wink

This photo was actually taken at the Spring Fling in Madera back in 2008, if memory serves me correctly... but I could just be getting old.

I am a Dick, hear me roar- Laughing

Me, an OVP Lifer...
KombiMonster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take a nice shady spot!

*WANTED*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busded
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, and whats the deal with the bikes anyway? I guess if they're trying to keep Damon away, it worked!
unclespanky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Momma is not pleased she has to stay home this weekend to babysit our dog. On a brighter note, I spruced up the Bullet bus. I hope she makes it over the pass. I'll be on the lookout for a full length rack for her as well as a 4 prong 66 wiper switch.
Tim Minton 72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This show is great. What are you all looking for in the swap? I have a bunch of early and late bay window parts that are taking up space in the garage.
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Minton 72 wrote:
This show is great. What are you all looking for in the swap? I have a bunch of early and late bay window parts that are taking up space in the garage.

I like bay window doors, fronts, cargo, hatches and front seats if you have any....shoot me a PM I'll be at Madera
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: