Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

58 patina ghia
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobnorman
Samba Newfoundlander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:10 am    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

Great picture. I love that the patina on the Ghia matches the sky.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=289807
calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

the little things...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Thanks Loren!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Loren
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

That looks great! Glad I could help.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

It’s been 10 years since I got my Ghia, I had it in my head that I would drive it back to Tucson and take some photos of the car in the same spot I did when I started this thread, as a kind of happy anniversary thing. My band Calexico was supposed to play the Tucson folk festival April 6th, but it’s been canceled due to the covid-19 crisis....so I won’t be going there anytime soon. It’s a tough time, one of the ways I’m keeping my sanity is tuning, and keeping the Ghia running nice. Here is picture of the car the first year I got her up and running, it was a frosty winter morning in front of my house inTucson.

and here is a picture I took recently here in El Paso at my place. I just noticed that it was raining that day, nice.

Here is to hoping we all make it through this... sending good vibes to all the Ghia friends.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:11 am    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

A couple of great pictures John...love them.

Had an idea yesterday to get my Ghia out a take some pictures in our deserted local town centre but we are in a rapidly escalating situation and Police are challenging drivers about unnecessary journeys so not the right time. Sad

You and you loved ones keep safe, send the band our best wishes...maybe fertile time for new compositions too. Smile
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
Proper Built
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

It could be the frost in the earlier pic but, I didn't realize how much work you put into bringing out the paint. Great work.
calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

Thank you John and Proper Built. I just found out this morning that El Paso has a lock down now for no unnecessary travel. It was as nice while it lasted driving around with so little traffic... a little eerie knowing the reason why...but I won’t be doing that now.... maybe just hang out in the garage listen to records... love what Porsche Dave is doing with his front end...

I have a million records to listen to, the ones you see here are mostly ones I haven’t even listened to yet, just collected from thrift stores and book shops.
calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

Reposting this sunrise picture, a fellow Sambanista did a beautiful job of clearing up the photo, and giving more light to the Ghia. Thanks Rome!!

...and I thought I would throw this one in too, came across another mural in the old Sunset Heights neighborhood.

calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

I’ve been sneaking out to the Rio Grande to walk the dogs and took this picture, I feel like it shows the kind of isolation I’ve been feeling, even though I’m one of the lucky people who can still get out and go for a drive.

This one took me and my dog by surprise, fortunately the train wasn’t moving, but when I pulled up and looked over we were both shocked at how close the train was.
calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

I’ve always wanted to get this shot, but there have always been too many cars around...

stay strong

Love this one too, boxers from Mexico.

kiwighia68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

[quote="calexican"]I’ve always wanted to get this shot, but there have always been too many cars around... stay strong

That is a great photo, and the message is so appropriate.
dc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

X2 - great shot Exclamation
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

Some great murals in El Paso John. Hope you're keeping busy and safe. Smile
KGCoupe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

calexican wrote:
Love this one too, boxers from Mexico.

Boxers from Mexico, along with a boxer (engine) from Germany.

That is a very cool shot of your beautiful patina Ghia, ... but I'm thinking that if there was a VW Thing pictured there instead of the Karmann Ghia, they'd all be boxers from Mexico. Wink

Although it worked out nicely for your photos, the greatly reduced traffic can be a bit eerie at times IMO.
It's somewhat reminiscent of the few days following the 9/11 attacks and how there were no airplanes in the sky.
calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

Stopped to take in a little of the Rio Grande... picked up some trash...

Just as the train came by... I did eventually kick that old dried up pineapple into the river.
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

Love the pictures John...especially the last one. Smile

When's the next road trip to Tucson?
calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

Thanks John! I’m thinking soon. Naim and I finished a completely new record in quarantine, so we’ll need to take some photos and maybe even play some kind of streaming show... Naim almost got a Ghia himself, there was a I think a 70 coup with original paint in Tucson, but someone offered more than he could afford and it sold. Very excited about this new music. I have a Instagram account now @rockeshoes63 if you want to keep updated. Thanks again.
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

calexican wrote:
Thanks John! I’m thinking soon. Naim and I finished a completely new record in quarantine, so we’ll need to take some photos and maybe even play some kind of streaming show... Naim almost got a Ghia himself, there was a I think a 70 coup with original paint in Tucson, but someone offered more than he could afford and it sold. Very excited about this new music. I have a Instagram account now @rockeshoes63 if you want to keep updated. Thanks again.

Ah new music always excites me...I'll follow with interest. Pity Naim didn't get the Ghia...an album cover with two Ghias would have been something special...one will have to do. Very Happy

Last edited by John Moxon on Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total
sputnick60
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:19 am    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

calexican wrote:

It was fabulous seeing you perform in Sydney last year. I look forward to the tour supporting the new album..... whenever that can happen and if you all make it to covid free NZ
Nicholas
calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

Thanks Nicholas, looking forward to getting back out on the road, it’s looking like it’s gonna be a long long time.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Jump to:
Page 13 of 21

Jump to: