Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

58 patina ghia
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Had to post this here so it can be seen correctly... Instagram seems to cut off the borders and messes up the balance of the photos... I must be doing something wrong there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

Good composition - I like the leading lines of crop rows - it visually ties the clouds to the patina paint Exclamation
Trylon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

Remarkable what a Karmann Ghia adds to a landscape!
1973 Volkswagen Bus
1970 MGB-GT
1962 Oldsmobile Jetfire

More tomfoolery on
The Karmann Ghia Fever YouTube Channel!
TRS63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:09 am    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

What a picture Cool

Antoine
My 914 restoration&lightweight project :
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9698432#9698432
Resurrecting a 60 ghia : https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=713906
My 52 Standard Zwitter :
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=10086685#10086685
calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

Thanks gents. I seriously got lucky with the rows symmetrically placed in the window. I parked the car, got out, centered, took one shot and that was it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

Thanks to John Moxon for the ‘oil paint’ filter here, I think this is beautiful.

aerosilver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

Great shot Applause
KGCoupe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

calexican wrote:

calexican wrote:
Thanks to John Moxon for the ‘oil paint’ filter here, I think this is beautiful.

Wow, that filter reallydoes make quite a nice difference on an already great photo.

Get yourself some inkjet printable canvas sheets and a fancy frame, and you can create a work of art suitable for hanging on your studio wall in amongst the framed gold records. Wink

dc wrote:
Good composition - I like the leading lines of crop rows - it visually ties the clouds to the patina paint

Agreed that the whole photo composition is great, and the clouds in the blue sky certainly do mimic the lovely patina of the OG paint.

I probably wouldn't have noticed that on my own, so Thanks to dc for pointing it out.
rich caramadre
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

calexican, I love how you have approached your car. Although I just finished my 2nd oval beetle down to bare metal and new shiny paint I really enjoy cars that look their age. My next project is this 58' Ghia. I am so torn whether to take your approach or totally restore it. I'm leaning toward fixing the rust and getting it running and enjoy as it is. We will see if I feel the same after I get into the repair work. Cheers.

calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

Thank you! I think your car has great potential for a patina ghia. I didn’t fix any of my rusted parts... would still love to do that, but I can’t really afford to do it right, and don’t have welding skills, so I dream on looking at other people here on the samba do it. Something kind of great too just leaving it original, (this is what I tell myself) and cruise down the road care free. Keep us posted, you can always do a full restore later after you get her running and driving and enjoying.
calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

Feeling good about this... been needing to replace tie rod ends since forever... turns out to be a pretty easy job if you get the tie rod tool... the left side was original, so I’m waiting for the complete assembly to come in to finish up.
calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

Here’s the old and the new.

The old one looks to be original.

Installed! Now I got to get an alignment.
calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

So nice to be back on the road, solid front end and good alignment. Looks like we might have good photo for some album art.
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:11 am    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

calexican wrote:

So nice to be back on the road, solid front end and good alignment. Looks like we might have good photo for some album art.

Ha! Calexico Motors, El Paso...I thought you'd been on a really looong road trip just to get the picture John. Laughing

Do the owners know the link?
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

They don’t... I haven’t met them, it’s a used car lot, very small and I haven’t seen them open in a while, usually there are cars parked where I parked, so I popped in there when it was vacant and took the shot. I was thinking that could be a cool oil paint filter shot too.
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

calexican wrote:
I was thinking that could be a cool oil paint filter shot too.

Yep no sooner said than done...looks good. Very Happy

finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

how about a photo on a starry night...? Cool

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

Ha ha ha ha!! I’m sure he would a loved it.
calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

Thanks a lot John. I think it’s great.
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

calexican wrote:
Thanks a lot John. I think it’s great.

Ha! Believe it or not, this evening I'm watching Breaking Bad...again, Tonight I've got to Season Two - Episode 8 "Better Call Saul"...the scene in the square with Badger and Mayhew is hilarious,and the music, very familiar. Very Happy

Link

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Jump to:
Page 14 of 21

Jump to: