Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

58 patina ghia
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Very pleased with this little purchase from John Copello, a hand made aluminum speaker grill. The original was very brittle plastic that was cracked and incapable of securing the speaker, this new grill works great. The current transistor radio is there just to cover the hole for now while I get the period correct tube radio repaired.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
udo dreisoerner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:19 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

looks good
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

Thanks Udo!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

Left my windows down!! All I could think about was how many times I sat on that seat and it was burning hot. I thought it was a nice picture anyway.
Marcdeb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

calexican wrote:

Left my windows down!! All I could think about was how many times I sat on that seat and it was burning hot. I thought it was a nice picture anyway.

Wow, Texas is looking more like Vermont! Shocked
That storm is visiting us tonight.

Previously Owned:
2011 VW EOS Hard Top Conv
2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T Conv
2003 Saab 9-3 SE Conv
2001 Saab 9-3 Conv
1998 BMW 3 Series Conv
1997 Saab 900 Conv
1997 Mazda Miata

68 Ghia Vert Survivor with 22,350 miles: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=768107&highlight=
71 Ghia Vert Restoration: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=726710&postorder=asc
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:50 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

Thanks for the rubber mats Luis. Very Happy
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

That’s for sure!👍🏽
aerosilver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

Great picture Smile

calexican wrote:

bobnorman
Samba Newfoundlander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

calexican wrote:

Holy cow! That looks like something from up here! Been following the news on the mess in Texas. Hope all is well.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=289807
kgj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

What!

I heard you were getting a cold snap there.

Ace picture!
calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

The snow is long gone and we are enjoying some fine weather in El Paso. This a still I made from video I posted on Instagram.
calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

calexican wrote:
Since I had everything I decided to build a second 36hp engine for a spare... why the hell not?? Back from the machine shop.

Looking at the date of this picture, I can’t believe how the time flies. I did manage to put this motor together and it took its maiden voyage when I swapped out the transmission, but I lost compression after about 40 miles... couldn’t figure out what was wrong so swapped it out for my original rebuild which has been running great for me all this time. Since then I got a little lull in the music recording... obviously no tours or gigs.... so decided to dive in and find out what the problem was with this motor.

You can see the valve is stuck open because I dropped a head washer in the valve compartment...

Here it is removed, I bought the tool that compresses the valve spring so you can remove it.

Today I finished putting the muffler and tin on... it came together really easy, I’m hoping that’s a good omen.... the motor I’m running now has a knock at low idle when it’s cold... goes away completely when it warms up and runs at regular idle speed... I’m not taking any chances on knocking sounds, so I’m pulling it out and going to check the rod bearings....pretty sure there is something going on with the crank.... anyway will post up when I get the new one installed and running.
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

Quote:
You can see the valve is stuck open because I dropped a head washer in the valve compartment...

I bet you'd leave your windows open in a snow storm before you ever drop a head washer in the valve again. Crying or Very sad
Good catch.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

That’s for sure... and when I was taking the heads off I noticed one of the washers was different from the rest, I had reused all the old washers....it must of stuck in that reset right above the manifold opening, and when I pulled the head of it fell right in.
calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

Just like it’s always been there. I now have a piece of lowlight ghia history.

Thanks TRYLON!!
calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

Couldn’t resist taking a shot of the Ghia in front of this boot and shoe repair shop. Getting my boots resoled.
calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

Happy Summer!! Went driving around country roads today.

kgj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

That is a really good photo. Bang on square from the front. Such a straight and honest looking Ghia. Nothing hiding in that bodywork.
Happy cruising.
Trylon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

My favorite menu item—
Baked Karmann Ghia!
Yum!
1973 Volkswagen Bus
1970 MGB-GT
1962 Oldsmobile Jetfire

More tomfoolery on
The Karmann Ghia Fever YouTube Channel!
Trylon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

calexican wrote:

Just like it’s always been there. I now have a piece of lowlight ghia history.

Thanks TRYLON!!

Somehow missed this— wow, I think it may have come from your car originally!
1973 Volkswagen Bus
1970 MGB-GT
1962 Oldsmobile Jetfire

More tomfoolery on
The Karmann Ghia Fever YouTube Channel!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Jump to:
Page 15 of 21

Jump to: