Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

58 patina ghia
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

Enjoy the garage time. Building motors, manly man stuff. Wink
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
kiwighia68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

calexican wrote:
Since I had everything I decided to build a second 36hp engine for a spare... why the hell not?? Back from the machine shop.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I'm going to follow suit, not because I have to, but because I can. I have the right numbered short block and most of the other parts already.

I've always believed that a man needs a serious hobby completely removed from his day-job. It keeps us sane and happy.
Larmo63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

Love the thread, love the car. I'm envious of you lowlight owners, but mine is a '66. I'm a guitar player, mostly acoustic some Telecaster twang stuff, love your music. Great read.

Carry on!!

'62 Pearl White Ragtop sedan
'66 Ruby Red Cabriolet
'86 Porsche 911 Carrera
calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

Thanks Lawrence, love the color of your Ghia. We venture into the world of twang as well. There is a great guitar player in Tucson, Al Perry, check out some of his stuff.

Chris and Daryl thank you too for the support.

I know Chris you must get to the end of your writing process and then it’s, “what’s Next?” a little garage time helps us figure it out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Larmo63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

Can I still be in the "Cool Karmann Ghia Club" if my car isn't a lowlight?
'62 Pearl White Ragtop sedan
'66 Ruby Red Cabriolet
'86 Porsche 911 Carrera
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

Larmo63 wrote:

ALL Karmann Ghias are cool. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sputnick60
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:05 am    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

John Moxon wrote:
Larmo63 wrote:

And remember... this fact would include Fat Chicks, Baja, derelicts and undoubtedly custom mods.

Nicholas
morts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

Just read this thread from cover to cover and loved it with all the pics and music vids and your road trips Cool

I am about to embark on finding out what is under the current paint scheme on my 58 Cognac Ghia that I have owned for a tick over twenty years now Embarassed Rolling Eyes

Your thread has been inspiring so will start mine off shortly...

PS, if you do come to Australia make sure you put Adelaide on your venue list and I will bring my Ghia to the show!
calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

Hey Morts, thanks a lot! Man a cognac lowlight, I almost bought one, I thought since I had quit drinking that it was a good omen that I was getting a car named after a drink... well it didn’t work out, and I got a dolphin blue, but I still had a good omen about the quitting drinking... the dolphin blue came Jameson California... Jameson, an Irish whiskey I have drank way too much of!!! Anyway all that money that would have gone to the bottle went to getting that dolphin back on the road! We will for sure be coming back to OZ in January! Will keep you posted, looking forward to your thread on the cognac.
kiwighia68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

calexican wrote:
...We will for sure be coming back to OZ in January! ...

I missed the New Zealand concert in New Plymouth a couple of years ago - but I won't let this one slip away due to prior commitments set in stone.

By the way, John, would I be right in thinking that musicians, like writers, get many of their best ideas (tunes, rhythms, lyrics) while tinkering with their cars or going for a long drive - alone, no phones, no company, just the car and the road to allow the mind to wander and create?

That certainly is how it works for me.

PS If I'd known about the cognac colour scheme I might well have chosen it. Unique and beautiful.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

sputnick60 wrote:
John Moxon wrote:

And remember... this fact would include Fat Chicks, Baja, derelicts and undoubtedly custom mods.

Nicholas

Fat chick... check!
Baja... check!
Derelict... check!
Custom mods... check!

Nicholas must be talking about my POS. Laughing

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
morts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

calexican wrote:
Hey Morts, thanks a lot! Man a cognac lowlight, I almost bought one, I thought since I had quit drinking that it was a good omen that I was getting a car named after a drink... well it didn’t work out, and I got a dolphin blue, but I still had a good omen about the quitting drinking... the dolphin blue came Jameson California... Jameson, an Irish whiskey I have drank way too much of!!! Anyway all that money that would have gone to the bottle went to getting that dolphin back on the road! We will for sure be coming back to OZ in January! Will keep you posted, looking forward to your thread on the cognac.

Could still be linked to a drink - isn't there a bottle nosed dolphin??

Also, correction above - my Ghia is an April '59, not a '58 Embarassed
calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

Love driving around in old El Paso.

calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

My clutch cable tube broke... a job beyond my skills at this point... the mechanic, while having fixed the tube very well, did not weld the tunnel back up. Very happy to have had that done today, by my friend Mr. G.

Also took these shots in my drive way...well... just because...

Wanted this shot in my thread too... original radio bit the dust beyond repair, hoping to get this one fitted with Bluetooth someday.

Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

calexican wrote:

Oooo...lovely naked bulkhead...waiting for a delivery Very Happy
calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

So true! I’m excited!!!
udo dreisoerner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

cool Patina, perfect
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Proper Built
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

While waiting for the time to start my project your project kept me motivated. The way that you have pieced it together to maintain continuity and feel is awesome. Thomas Campbell's films (and their sound tracks) were a big influence on me growing up. It was cool to find out that you are into VW's too.
calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

Proper Built wrote:
While waiting for the time to start my project your project kept me motivated. The way that you have pieced it together to maintain continuity and feel is awesome. Thomas Campbell's films (and their sound tracks) were a big influence on me growing up. It was cool to find out that you are into VW's too.

I’m glad I could be of some help. I’ve been inspired by so many great builds here on the forum. I have just started another stock engine build, all to specs this time. Someday you will have your car on the road; and it’s the greatest feeling, there is nothing like an acvw, the sound, smell and feel is a totally unique experience, even more so now that modern cars are so far from what the acvw was. All the best, and keep us posted!!
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

Paging Australia and New Zealand!! Very Happy

http://vizual.casadecalexico.com/u/Calexico/L8Vb4r5KsUf0dA6cS/Tour.htm
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Jump to:
Page 10 of 21

Jump to: