Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
311tls
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

67 Florida Deluxe wrote:
311tls wrote:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Nice solid car! Don't know how you can stand to look at that center cap on the steering wheel, though Mad!

Smile

Thanks, the previous owner painted the horn ring so I’m hoping the paint will come off the centre cap. What should ours look like? I’m assuming it’s the wolf and the castle. I’ve been there btw Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

Anyone know if 1st gen. 67's had backup lights? Or were they a progressive addition?

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
harrymarlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

aa390392 wrote:
Anyone know if 1st gen. 67's had backup lights? Or were they a progressive addition?

They were there from.the beginning of the model year.
ISO Albuquerque "Imported Motors" dealership paraphernalia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VeeDee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

US-models were delivered with backup lights from the factory, in Europe it was a costly option on sedans, convertibles got ONE as stock and the second as an option.

VeeDee
VeeDee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

For a smile: My own 67 got almost everything from the extras-list. The luggage area was full of crayon-marks...

VeeDee
Mr_Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

whelp.... got me one of them fancy 67's.......so Im in!
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

Mr_Bruce wrote:
whelp.... got me one of them fancy 67's.......so Im in!

Very cool; welcome aboard Dancing ! It's a fun year because there were so many little changes during the MY. Post up some pics - you have a whole gallery at your disposal Cool

OG member of the '67 Posse

A few of my toys, past and present
'56 Oval, '66 KG Conv't, '67 21-Window, '67 Bug, '79 SuperVert, '55 Pre-A Continental
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

311tls wrote:
67 Florida Deluxe wrote:
311tls wrote:

Nice solid car! Don't know how you can stand to look at that center cap on the steering wheel, though Mad!

Smile

Thanks, the previous owner painted the horn ring so I’m hoping the paint will come off the centre cap. What should ours look like? I’m assuming it’s the wolf and the castle. I’ve been there btw Smile

How exciting to have been there! Got any pics?? As for the center cover, here's a reference pic from the gallery. They are for sale quite often in the classifieds.

'56 Oval, '66 KG Conv't, '67 21-Window, '67 Bug, '79 SuperVert, '55 Pre-A Continental
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
311tls
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

67 Florida Deluxe wrote:
311tls wrote:
67 Florida Deluxe wrote:
311tls wrote:

Smile

How exciting to have been there! Got any pics?? As for the center cover, here's a reference pic from the gallery. They are for sale quite often in the classifieds.

I should have them on an old hard drive, need to check. I took my old 59 Bug to the Bad Camberg show in Germany in 2007, we carried on after to Wolfsburg. One of the coolest parts was stopping at the BBT shop in Belgium on the way, they had an organised convoy of around 250 VWs driving from the shop to the show.
311tls
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:56 am    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

There’s several clips on YouTube of the convoy, in this one mine it’d the first car going past the camera.

https://youtu.be/3u7DhuF9Ya4
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

311tls wrote:
There’s several clips on YouTube of the convoy, in this one mine it’d the first car going past the camera.

You have a well-patina'd car, my friend! Very Happy

311tls
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

67 Florida Deluxe wrote:
311tls wrote:

You have a well-patina'd car, my friend! Very Happy

Thanks but sold a while back now, it’s still around though. The 67 is our only old VW at the moment Very Happy
Big Bill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

Picked up this 67 today. Local to me just 5 miles from the house nice car just needs a little TLC.
311tls
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:05 am    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

Big Bill wrote:
Picked up this 67 today. Local to me just 5 miles from the house nice car just needs a little TLC.

That is very nice!!
311tls
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

67 Florida Deluxe wrote:

How exciting to have been there! Got any pics??

I’ve been struggling to find the photos, I thought they were on a hard drive but have gone. Did find these two, one is in front of the admin building of the factory at Wolfsburg and the other is at the actual castle which is on the horn push!

Although the car was mostly original paint on top, the underside had a full nut/bolt resto

craigman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

Another 67' saved from someones back yard!

gregklaus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

#187 on the registry. Just completed a 10+ year everything off restoration/resurrection. I had an original 67 vert passed down from my father that was stolen in 1989. Went out and bought a new one 11 years ago and turns out someone had completely transformed it into a 68+: engine, doors, seats, fenders, wheels/brakes/axels, roof, the list was endless. Damage everywhere and shoddy repairs throughout, it was held together by rust. Fully restored to a stock 67 with many original, genuine VW parts including the fender, bumpers/bumper guards, front seat belts, roof latches, roof frame, seats, lights, gas tank. All hoses, rubber and inner guts were replaced. Engine rebuilt on a 67 engine block. Everything is fully operational like the day it was driven off the car lot.

lowN2slo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

My '67 almost 4yrs of ownership [/img]
harrymarlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

I hear TMI is doing the 67 seats correctly, now. Does anyone have pictures of their Beetle with newer TMI 67 covers (with correct heat seams and basket weave roll over top) - and, if so, how/where did you order them?

Gregklaus - are your covers from WCCR? I love the quality (they are on mine), but the pleats (bumps between heat seams) are killing me. I understand TMI is flatter.
ISO Albuquerque "Imported Motors" dealership paraphernalia
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

Harry Marlin, I posted the picture of the red covers on Facebook. Those were from Wolfsburg West.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81  Next
Jump to:
Page 77 of 81

Jump to: