Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Uninvited Guests
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wasted youth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wildthings wrote:

I believe they are girls and not guys. Crying or Very sad

Ah! That probably explains the evil eyes when I walked by minding my own business.

Wildthings wrote:
If you move your van by 50' or so they will probably not be able to find "home" again and within hours will simply disappear.

Did not know that! Unfortunately, no room to move anything 50 feet, let alone ten feet...which seems to work real well for my own personal hosting of large female black widows. Shocked
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wasted youth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jhicken wrote:
"... I asked the wife if we could put a few NAMBLA stickers in the windows but she put the kabosh on that idea. Figurin the neighbors might "talk."

Oh well, maybe next time I'll just keep the doors locked.

-jeffrey

Yeah...just did a Goggle search on that.

Shocked

Your wife may have good advice on that one. Lock the doors next time...?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NoBudgetVWGarage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasted youth/adulthood wrote:
jhicken wrote:
"... I asked the wife if we could put a few NAMBLA stickers in the windows but she put the kabosh on that idea. Figurin the neighbors might "talk."

Oh well, maybe next time I'll just keep the doors locked.

-jeffrey

Yeah...just did a Goggle search on that.

Shocked

Your wife may have good advice on that one. Lock the doors next time...?

I just googled too!! LMAO over here....

but it would work Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jhicken wrote:
I got another uninvited guest story, wonder if any of you have experienced this.

More than I'd like to admit, not so much at VW only shows locally as most are young families interested in bus/camper culture and very respectful of your ride, 99% ask if it's OK to look first, but all the time at mixed make and musclecar/hotrod shows, especially the close off the street type where there is no front gate to enter through. I used to work at an aviation museum and the odd guest would pull the same crap, pick up their little hellion, go under the ropes and let him run around on fabric covered wood structure wings that weren't built for walking on while they took photos, many times it was a certain ethnic group that regarded the male child of the family as someone who could do no wrong, we learned the ways to say "get off of there you brat" in a few languages and some of the serious offenders did indeed find footprints on thier ride upon return to the parking lot, both actions resulted in some very suprised looks as the Dad had grown up with the same spoiled brat treatment and couldn't believe someone would stand up to him, especially in his native tounge Very Happy Twisted Evil

As for the spiders and Javelinas...sorry Mike, I have no answer for that problem, maybe call Billy the exterminator so he can spray some pyretherin on them Razz

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
ebenasky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jhicken wrote:
. Random spectators, quite often parents with their kids, climbing into our pride and joys! -jeffrey

Wow - I think that wins the "Uninvited Guest" category!

Sometimes I wonder how people walk with balls like that.

(head shaking)

- '60 Beetle "Ruby"
- '70 Beetle "Peace"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: