Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Opinions from 1.8t owners...please
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
whafalia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an owner of an automatic in cali this hurts to read.
dredward
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whafalia wrote:
As an owner of an automatic in cali this hurts to read.

Convert to stick.....
Cars owned: 1979/89 scirraco, 1983 gti, 1984 gti, 1986 gti, 1990 gli, 1989 cabriolet(2.0,16v conversion), 1992 gti, 1982 Westy, 1987 syncro Westy(w/ 1.8t conversion stg1 chip), and finally 2004 r32....
goffoz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys
Very informative ..I think Stephans is one of the great "sleepers" in the vanagon world.
....and yes it seems its because he does such great work.
being an expert in my own field..I really appreciate that he has very satisfied customers.
Hey Stephan ...I'll be cutting you a check next week.
westywoman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 8:47 am    Post subject: 1.8T Reply with quote

I can't speak to longevity or reliability but I can say it is amazing to drive the Vanagon with a 1.8T. It is a whole different experience. The most fun I had when I borrowed Stephan's "chipped" 1.8T was when I blew away a BMW from a dead stop at a traffic light. Left him with his jaw dropped in my rear view mirror while I laid a patch on the pavement (oops, sorry Stephan)! Heehee!!!
Beetsport Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the great feedback and kind words about us. Very much appreciated Very Happy

One of the best things about doing our 1.8T engine conversion is to get the phone call (sometimes the same day) about how incredible their Vanagon now feels now. Some of the Volks bought their Vanagon brand spankin new.

I was wondering why a tire rotation was needed right after "Trail-Spotting" a couple years ago Westywoman .. ;^)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
greebly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beetsport wrote:
Thanks for all the great feedback and kind words about us. Very much appreciated Very Happy

One of the best things about doing our 1.8T engine conversion is to get the phone call (sometimes the same day) about how incredible their Vanagon now feels now. Some of the Volks bought their Vanagon brand spankin new.

I was wondering why a tire rotation was needed right after "Trail-Spotting" a couple years ago Westywoman .. ;^)

I posted here because I was having a problem with Stephan's, he contacted me almost immediately and is working hard to resolve it, which speaks very well of his customer service. All business will have problems occasionally, it's how they resolve them that reflects on their integrity.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: