Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Quality Sound 1954 Barndoor Deluxe Puzzle
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
wcfvw69
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Quality Sound 1954 Barndoor Deluxe Puzzle Reply with quote

Simply amazing.

Brilliant work!

**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**

**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**

My 1970 bus refresh thread- http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=598191

1970 Westfalia Bus
1969 Convertible Bug
1967 Standard Bug
jjjjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Quality Sound 1954 Barndoor Deluxe Puzzle Reply with quote

That really is the craziest thing I've ever seen! Amazing Applause Applause Applause
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
PeteSC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: Quality Sound 1954 Barndoor Deluxe Puzzle Reply with quote

Apologies for the large photo quote, but I just wanted to see the page one as found photos against photos of the current state of things. Much respect to you for taking this on.

Unbelievable. Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Lou V. wrote:
Here is a 54 barndoor deluxe that was hit in the passenger side rear and subsequently was cut up. I came across the pieces and could not pass them up. Is this bus fixable in this day and age? It has a 20- vin and # stamped in the bulk head. is it worth saving?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

busben wrote:

Jacks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Quality Sound 1954 Barndoor Deluxe Puzzle Reply with quote

It looks like nothing ever happened Shocked Remarkable...
Mr. OGPaint Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Quality Sound 1954 Barndoor Deluxe Puzzle Reply with quote

Great story, great bus. Congrats to all involved for having the vision and following thru with it.

IMO, This bus now makes up for the tragedy that befell the the Tom Tom bus and its original paint. This bus has restored balance to the VW force

Last edited by Mr. OGPaint on Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
carl12
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Quality Sound 1954 Barndoor Deluxe Puzzle Reply with quote

Looks Awesome ben,Nice one
volksheime
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Quality Sound 1954 Barndoor Deluxe Puzzle Reply with quote

I feel very lazy after reading this. congrats Ben, nice work all around!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
The Rascals Cats
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Quality Sound 1954 Barndoor Deluxe Puzzle Reply with quote

Pretty awesome work ben ... Will be there in Hessich with all you buses ... Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
henry roberts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Quality Sound 1954 Barndoor Deluxe Puzzle Reply with quote

busben wrote:

"Hi Mr. Laughton,
Thank You so much for contacting me with this delightful news. ......

I would greatly appreciate if you would take a picture of you with the van before and after the restoration.
Thank You!

James E. Bryan
President
Quality Sound"

i would love to see a video of his face when he sees the pictures. Very Happy

edit: if you haven't sent the pics yet, you should send the finished pictures first. then below then comment something along the line of "this is it finished" which will surely have him questioning your sanity and idea of "finished". then below that the before pics of a pile of parts.

amazing work.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
René R. Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Quality Sound 1954 Barndoor Deluxe Puzzle Reply with quote

I just discovered this thread and spent the last hour reading from start to finish. Wow. Shocked

MAJOR respect for an almost unbelievable resurrection. Amazing dedication and talent.

And I absolutely love that you've got some history for it. I really hope you can find pictures from the original owner's family.

Great, great work!
bus guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: Quality Sound 1954 Barndoor Deluxe Puzzle Reply with quote

Very rarely come on to the forums these days Ben, but, like everyone else, I'm truly blown away by this. Outstanding!
busben
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:53 am    Post subject: Re: Quality Sound 1954 Barndoor Deluxe Puzzle Reply with quote

Been a while so I though I'd throw a couple of pictures up.

Got her inspected and registered and managed a couple of test drives for a change! Great fun driving this one and she attracts attention EVERYWHERE Very Happy Good thing I did the test drives as I kept having clutch problems so I had to abandon plans for LeMans Classic at the last minute and take my faithful old panel van. Still a great trip with the other idiots and their buses Cool and the engine's coming back out this week to try and solve the issues which I think are the release arms playing up? Should be back on the road very soon ....................

chris67bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Quality Sound 1954 Barndoor Deluxe Puzzle Reply with quote

Great pics Ben, lovely to see the bus out and being used just the way it should be. Hope you get the clutch issues sorted, always a few teething troubles to be expected. These things are never finished until... well they are never finished lol
ian macdowall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Quality Sound 1954 Barndoor Deluxe Puzzle Reply with quote

Great driveway shot, it's looking good. Cool
Niels - AirMighty.com
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Quality Sound 1954 Barndoor Deluxe Puzzle Reply with quote

vdouglu wrote:
busben wrote:
Inspired by a couple of very cool sunset cruises along the San Diego coast in a very nice deluxe with the worlds tallest VW photographer, (thanks again dude Wink

Anytime! Glad I could inspire you...but you inspire me! I can't believe all the work you got done! Amazing! Great job! Can't wait to see it at HO17! Sorry there was no green flash...and we didn't get to surf Sad NEXT TIME FOR SURE! Bring Ned and his shorts too! Cool

Foooock dude! Amazing, I have seen it irl all cut up into pieces in a shed long time ago... This is amazing!
And seeing this and Dough taking us fro cruises around SD makes me wont to own one... maybe if I start saving up now and sell our house one day I can own one... Wink
GREAT job Ben, stunning dude. Can't wait to see it in the flesh again at HO17 or sooner? Cool

- BenPon.nl | European Barndoor Gathering & Vintage VW Show

- Personal: www.Facebook.com/AirMighty
- Magazine: www.Facebook.com/AirMightyMegascene
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busben
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Quality Sound 1954 Barndoor Deluxe Puzzle Reply with quote

Out and about after finally sorting a few more little things like bolting on the OG paint front bumper, some mirror arms that we made up with the Hayburner guys, cleaning the windows Cool etc........

Knocked up a camping interior, and sourced a 1954 vintage Esquire calendar to add a little something to the side panels. Maybe one day they'll be stock but for now I think they work pretty well.

Hanging with friends ........

Feels very odd being "Hessich ready" so far in advance! Makes a change from the usual last minute builds!!

jjjjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Quality Sound 1954 Barndoor Deluxe Puzzle Reply with quote

Simply magical! Hoping to go to HO this year. Now I HAVE to go, just to see this Applause
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
spit nolan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Quality Sound 1954 Barndoor Deluxe Puzzle Reply with quote

Looking great Ben, gutted I missed you at the weekend to see it on the metal.

RSVP VW
GTV
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Quality Sound 1954 Barndoor Deluxe Puzzle Reply with quote

Absolutely unreal.
obieoberstar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Quality Sound 1954 Barndoor Deluxe Puzzle Reply with quote

from those awesome pics no one would ever believe that it was in pieces when you started out.

great work on this one. Congratulations.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Jump to:
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: