Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

yet another lifter question
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
RadioRental
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hero419 wrote:
I just went through this and found a few rocker arms with slack.

Is it possible that after going in 1.5 - 2 turns the lifters did not bleed down (adjust) when you started the van for a test and you are still holding the valve open a little?
Try it now and see if it is any better.

Well, I took it for a good run, and it's like this since pretty much when I've got it. I've gone through all the usual items. So, I'm not sure it's a case of them not bleeding back down.

I think I'll just leave it as is and not tempt fate. Just milk this engine and one day next year begone with these headaches. I just dont have enough understanding (or time to try and understand, or even inclination to learn about waterleakers - better things in life to master)

I was just curious that if I change from the current 1.5 turns down to 1 turn, will I cause problems. But these are self adjusting, the recommendation is 1.5-2 turns. If I find that overly slack rockers makes the engine run better, I've got problems elsewhere and covering it up with slack rockers is not going to fix that.

'87 2.1. 125K 4spd Not rebuilt "Red Dwarf"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: