Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

'51 Ambulance currently being discussed on Jalopnik...
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
volksfahrer.nl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
delamaize wrote:
I would want to encorage the idiot that is flipping it. I would give him whatever he paid for it, plus whatever he paid for shipping and such. Now if he would have done something to improve it, and make it better, then I would consitter it.

I totally agree.
That's the same way I feel about the bananas at the grocery store.
They haven't done anything to the bananas but bring them to my store and ask more for them than they paid.
Every time I want a banana I tell them I will only pay what they paid for the banana plus one bananas worth of shipping to the store.

Laughing

66 panel
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't wanna pay the farmers any more than it cost to grow the bananas. all they did was sit there while the bananas grew. the sun, soil and tree did all the work.

Quote:
mannys66: South Philly Van Club, only the most influential and freshest van club in the vw scene
Quote:
Cuñado: Chrome will get you home!!!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BUCIOBATISTI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Complaining about high prices is funny. Do you go down to the beach and throw stones and shout at the guy who has a awesome house right on the sand because you can't afford it or don't like what you'd have to give to make it yours? Sure, you can, but he'll just laugh at you while he enjoys his hookers and coke while watching the sunset from his living room.

That's the best place to see the latest things we are up to as well as catch an occasional sneak peek of our latest car and parts listings!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BryanM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TurboedWestie wrote:
BryanM wrote:
Thats BS.
without people who are looking for a profit or in it to make money then there would be no buses for the Brits to buy and put rock 'n roll beds in. no one is going through the pain in the ass of pulling vehicles out of barns, fields, and back woods to just break even.
like I said mate two camps I,m not saying one camp is right and one is wrong just that each camps goals are different I use my job to make money and enjoy my hobby others use VW,s

Nonsense. one camp doesnt exist without the other.

Motorwagen LLC
Concord NC
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joe56vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUCIOBATISTI wrote:
Complaining about high prices is funny. Do you go down to the beach and throw stones and shout at the guy who has a awesome house right on the sand because you can't afford it or don't like what you'd have to give to make it yours? Sure, you can, but he'll just laugh at you while he enjoys his hookers and coke while watching the sunset from his living room.

you forgot about him shouting "winning" Laughing

why is there no sarcasism button on here?
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i bought a 54 kombi recently. i tried to buy this exact same bus about eight years ago. i lost out then. someone was willing to pay full price for it while i thought there was room for negotiation.

a few months ago it came up for sale. the seller had done nothing to it. hadn't even driven it. it sat in a pole barn all that time without moving. even had flat tires. i got the bus. how? i told the seller i would pay him what he was asking and sent him the money.

Quote:
mannys66: South Philly Van Club, only the most influential and freshest van club in the vw scene
Quote:
Cuñado: Chrome will get you home!!!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
djfordmanjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anybody get back into talking old pre 55 transporters and not pre-55-transporter-sales ? Boring stuff when there are still thousands of mystery details and changes in bd's out there to be discovered.

52 Barndoor DLX Coachbuild project
55 Wolfsburg panel project, og paint Taubenblau L31
62 Dickholmer, custom color Seeblau L360
63 1500 Notch, og paint Rubin Rot L456
67 1500 Käfer, og paint Lotus weiß L282 w/red interior
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: