Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official 1960-1961 registry and restoration guide thread.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
stale air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Official 1960-1961 registry and restoration guide thread. Reply with quote

sonoma_vw wrote:
Need confirmation of stock wheel colors for a 60 bug. Black outer and ‘parchment’ inner? (The tech paint guide does not cover wheel colors for a black June 1960 bug)

Thank you.

L471 Stone Beige
L40 Black
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mukluk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Official 1960-1961 registry and restoration guide thread. Reply with quote

stale air wrote:
sonoma_vw wrote:
Need confirmation of stock wheel colors for a 60 bug. Black outer and ‘parchment’ inner? (The tech paint guide does not cover wheel colors for a black June 1960 bug)

Thank you.

L471 Stone Beige
L40 Black

+1
Ref: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/manuals/berater/12_5_german/002.jpg
Radscheiben = wheel discs
Radfelgen = wheel rims
sonoma_vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: Official 1960-1961 registry and restoration guide thread. Reply with quote

stale air wrote:
sonoma_vw wrote:

Thank you.

L471 Stone Beige
L40 Black

Thanks. The paint / interior brochures on the Samba Tech link don’t cover 1960 wheel colors. What is the source info for this data? Cause I swear I’ve seen a reference to ‘parchment white’, but I’ll have to search harder. Confused

Last edited by sonoma_vw on Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
pastellgreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: Official 1960-1961 registry and restoration guide thread. Reply with quote

You find it in the tech section, -> paint/upholstery -> Der Berater Issue 12
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sonoma_vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Official 1960-1961 registry and restoration guide thread. Reply with quote

pastellgreen wrote:

Question That issue is 1956. I don’t see one for 1960.
mukluk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Official 1960-1961 registry and restoration guide thread. Reply with quote

sonoma_vw wrote:
pastellgreen wrote:

Question That issue is 1956. I don’t see one for 1960.

Guess my direct link to the page wasn't helpful... Eh?
(Supplement 5, as of August 1959, page 2)
sonoma_vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Official 1960-1961 registry and restoration guide thread. Reply with quote

I didn’t read past your “+1” comment, as people say that to follow a thread.

Thank you for the info.
ame
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Official 1960-1961 registry and restoration guide thread. Reply with quote

1960 Indigo Blau. Work in progress.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

metal1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Official 1960-1961 registry and restoration guide thread. Reply with quote

getting a few parts in order to get my 60 cal bug back on the road .ive had the car since 75 it was my daily driver for school thru the till 87 when I bought a new car with a/c and a heater lol the bug has been in storage since .im trying to find a stock turn signal switch and have had no luck will a 61 work or a 59 ? it will still be a cal bug style so I can relive my glory days now that I can afford what I wanted back then thanks for any help
zabo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: Official 1960-1961 registry and restoration guide thread. Reply with quote

metal1 wrote:
getting a few parts in order to get my 60 cal bug back on the road .ive had the car since 75 it was my daily driver for school thru the till 87 when I bought a new car with a/c and a heater lol the bug has been in storage since .im trying to find a stock turn signal switch and have had no luck will a 61 work or a 59 ? it will still be a cal bug style so I can relive my glory days now that I can afford what I wanted back then thanks for any help

https://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=113953517B
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
metal1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Official 1960-1961 registry and restoration guide thread. Reply with quote

Thanks I was just there tues and they could not find any info like you posted Thanks so much
zabo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: Official 1960-1961 registry and restoration guide thread. Reply with quote

hmm -maybe not that helpful looks like they are out of stock like everyone else....

https://socalautoparts.com/product/turn-signal-switch-bug-ghia-60-61-only/

https://airheadparts.com/vw-part/turn-signal-switch-lever-113-953-517-b/

https://www.ipconlinestore.com/turn-signal-switch-...-6332.html

There is a super pricey NOS one on bugcity
https://www.bugcity.com/shop/shop.lasso?cid=&s...rt=price_d

and a handful in the classifieds for around $200

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php...ton=Search
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JoelH
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Official 1960-1961 registry and restoration guide thread. Reply with quote

I need a 6 wire turn signal switch to keep going on my RHD. Where are people buying them? everywhere I look for them, they are out of stock. Does anyone have an NOS one or a good used one I could buy from them so I can keep going?

Thanks!

Joel

'60 DD SWR Panel
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2522353#2522353

'62 Gulf Blue Ragtop Bug
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=420720&highlight=

'60 Black RHD Beetle
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6478591#6478591

1965 Sea Sand L568 Notchback
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8307805#8307805
volkswagenguru
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Official 1960-1961 registry and restoration guide thread. Reply with quote

Unfortunately I am in the same position with my '61 Built in Dec '60 Vin #3519881. Snapped the turn signal handle in half this summer. Looks like I will have to temporarily repair with some steel rod and JB weld till new ones come back in stock
sonoma_vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: Official 1960-1961 registry and restoration guide thread. Reply with quote

Many questions regarding rubber floor mats....

According to the VW Genuine Parts book, for (113, 117) models from Aug '59:
the floor mats are listed as '405 (T109) Anthracite' and '406 (T110) Silver Grey'. What areas of the floor are those two different parts specifically for?

Also, if I understand the current state of aftermarket mats, there is only black and grey avail? Or is there a source for 'Anthracite' or 'Silver Grey'?
Anthracite is darker grey than silver? Does anyone have those color mats?

Thanks!
sonoma_vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: Official 1960-1961 registry and restoration guide thread. Reply with quote

Matching stock Arm Rest colors to aftermarket supplier:

TMI has a fantastic variety of arm rests. Has anyone had success in matching them to their stock color? (Again, I'm referencing the VW Genuine Parts book for Aug 59 onward.)

Parts book mentions '776 Stone Beige', and '777 Steel Grey'.
Maybe TMI's #16 'Grey' can stand in for 'Steel Grey',
but stuck on what would be ok for 'Stone Beige':
- #15 'Off White'?
- #3625 'Silver Platinum Vintage Vinyl'?

It's a crap shoot.

SteveW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Official 1960-1961 registry and restoration guide thread. Reply with quote

I have a quick question regarding the hood badge (VW logo). When I bought my '61 it was missing the hood badge so I picked up a reproduction badge and some clips, recently I purchased an NOS badge but unfortunately no clips, the reproduction ones I have don't fit (both from an old UK company and Wolfsburg West) and i'm not sure what the real ones look like and if anywhere sells them, either NOS or repro, as long as they fit! If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great!

Thanks
pastellgreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: Official 1960-1961 registry and restoration guide thread. Reply with quote

SteveW wrote:
I have a quick question regarding the hood badge (VW logo). When I bought my '61 it was missing the hood badge so I picked up a reproduction badge and some clips, recently I purchased an NOS badge but unfortunately no clips, the reproduction ones I have don't fit (both from an old UK company and Wolfsburg West) and i'm not sure what the real ones look like and if anywhere sells them, either NOS or repro, as long as they fit! If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great!

Thanks

It depends on the built date of your car. Originally, the model year 1961 started with the same badge from the oval era with 4 tabs without clips. During the model year they switched to 3 clip badge, that still had the same look as before. In 1962 they switched to also a 3 clip badge but with a redesigned look. I don't know what you have there and I am unsure, if the last two 3-clip badges share the same hole pattern:

glutamodo wrote:
Cool, it's a 61. Cool
The hood emblem changed during 1961. What I've dubbed the "1962 hood" started during 1961. I call it that because it was the only hood used for model year 62, but it started a few months before that and lasted a couple of months after. Jan 2nd 1961 is when they changed from 4 tabs to three pins. And October 62 is when the emblem got slightly larger and the mounting area on the hood was "punched up"

SteveW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: Official 1960-1961 registry and restoration guide thread. Reply with quote

pastellgreen wrote:
SteveW wrote:

Thanks

It depends on the built date of your car. Originally, the model year 1961 started with the same badge from the oval era with 4 tabs without clips. During the model year they switched to 3 clip badge, that still had the same look as before. In 1962 they switched to also a 3 clip badge but with a redesigned look. I don't know what you have there and I am unsure, if the last two 3-clip badges share the same hole pattern:

glutamodo wrote:
Cool, it's a 61. Cool
The hood emblem changed during 1961. What I've dubbed the "1962 hood" started during 1961. I call it that because it was the only hood used for model year 62, but it started a few months before that and lasted a couple of months after. Jan 2nd 1961 is when they changed from 4 tabs to three pins. And October 62 is when the emblem got slightly larger and the mounting area on the hood was "punched up"

Good point! Mine is May ‘61 so it’s the early 3 pin.
pastellgreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: Official 1960-1961 registry and restoration guide thread. Reply with quote

you need a one year only...

https://www.ebay.de/itm/372919723137

it is the right one, you see all clips are broken off. But that is how it looks.
It seems there are no repros on the market.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Jump to:
Page 25 of 30

Jump to: