Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Original luggage room carpet?
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
EliasP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Today 9:06 am    Post subject: Original luggage room carpet? Reply with quote

Hello,
The luggage room in my 76 bay got no carpet, just unprotected metal, whish makes that it becomes a lot of small scratches in the paint when putting stuff into it. Do anyone know if it originally used to be any type of carpet there? If the answer is yes, are there any reproduced of them? The bus is a 1976 bus with the spare tire bowl on the left side, standard model (klein), with black interior.
Pictures should be nice to see!
aeromech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Today 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Original luggage room carpet? Reply with quote

Id like to know the answer to this also. I have a 1971 seven passenger bus
Airbus A319,320,321
DC9/MD80
BAe146
Fokker F28/F100
VW type 1 1962,63,65,69,72
VW Type 2 1971 (3 ea.) 1978, 1969
VW Jetta
VW Passat
Capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busdaddy
Samba Member

Location: Surrey B.C. Canada, Land of the giant flying moose!

PostPosted: Today 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Original luggage room carpet? Reply with quote

Originally full interior buses had piece of 3-4 mm thick hardboard covered in a synthetic felt fabric, almost like cut pile indoor/outdoor carpet but thinner, very dark grey in color (almost black, like seat frames and dash tops). It was diabolical stuff that attracts dog hairs and pine needles and traps them for eternity.
Not sure if anyone offers a modern version.

Wanted, OG paint 1971 Niagara blue decklid.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Today 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Original luggage room carpet? Reply with quote

Elias, are you referring to the space over the engine and behind the rear seat?

I did have a '73 that had original carpeting back there. Just carpet, with no board underneath. I have never seen an aftermarket replacement. I would recommend just cutting your own piece from some old carpet.
1969 Transporter, 1971 Westfalia, 1976, 1977, 1976, 1977, 1971, 1973, 1977 Westfalias,
1979 Champagne Sunroof, 1974 Westfalia Automatic, 1979 Transporter, 1972 Sportsmobile, 1973 Transporter Wild Westerner, 1974 Westfalia parts bus
, 1975 Mexican single cab, 1978 Irish 4-door double cab RHD
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: