Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Seat Re-upholstering...
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
elikus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:31 am    Post subject: Oxide red? Reply with quote

Is this oxide red? is is the same as "brick red"? From the picture, these look more red (guava) tone than orange and I like it.

CLASSIC CAR GUY wrote:
GREAT THREAD!! I just did my interior and finished it last night. Rebuilt the seat springs the same way as above, new horsehair pads from WW, but we know there not really horsehair, shredded coconut husk i believe, came out great, feels right when your sitting it, car is ready to roll for the VW Classic this weekend, I ran out of time, didnt get mu Sguare weave carpet in though, well thats just another procet for another time, heres some pics!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

CLASSIC CAR GUY
Transport and Title Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:10 am    Post subject: Re: Seat Re-upholstering... Reply with quote

It is Oxide Red, I did the interior in 2010 I believe, (wow can't believe it's been 10yrs) it still looks that good, all products from Wolfsburg West
https://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=113881003TM
61' Type 1
62' Type 1
64' Type 1
66' Type 1
66' Vert'
67' Type 1

"every one wants to reinvent the wheel, but nobody knows how to make it round"

Vintage Volkswagen Sales and Service as well as Classics and Muslcecars all located here in Phoenix Arizona at www.rpmotorcars.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
elikus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: Seat Re-upholstering... Reply with quote

Sweet, Thank You! I was going to ask, if you still have the car. If it still looks good in 10 years, that answer the question. I have 66 Bahama Blue, pretty good shape and restoring in the next few months. I saw another post that had a combination of that bue with with Pigalle red, but in your picture that Guava tone got me thinking.

Thank you again.

CLASSIC CAR GUY wrote:
It is Oxide Red, I did the interior in 2010 I believe, (wow can't believe it's been 10yrs) it still looks that good, all products from Wolfsburg West
https://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=113881003TM
toddmin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: Seat Re-upholstering... Reply with quote

That looks fantastic! That's on my wish list.
CLASSIC CAR GUY
Transport and Title Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: Seat Re-upholstering... Reply with quote

Thanks, yes it looks as good today as it did 10yrs ago, and the car has probably 20k miles on it since then.. Great quality and product from WW
61' Type 1
62' Type 1
64' Type 1
66' Type 1
66' Vert'
67' Type 1

"every one wants to reinvent the wheel, but nobody knows how to make it round"

Vintage Volkswagen Sales and Service as well as Classics and Muslcecars all located here in Phoenix Arizona at www.rpmotorcars.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
elikus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat Re-upholstering... Reply with quote

CLASSIC CAR GUY wrote:
Thanks, yes it looks as good today as it did 10yrs ago, and the car has probably 20k miles on it since then.. Great quality and product from WW

Sorry to keep bothering you, but is the car bahama blue or white?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: