Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Late Westy Sink Pump Swap
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
hiwaycallin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:20 pm    Post subject: Late Westy Sink Pump Swap Reply with quote

I'm thinking about replacing the electric water tank pump in my '78 Campmobile with one of those manual hand pump/faucet combos. Has anyone done this, and if so, which pump/faucet would work? Thanks.
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Late Westy Sink Pump Swap Reply with quote

hiwaycallin wrote:
if so, which pump/faucet would work? Thanks.

The one that catches your eye at the local RV supply store, they all look and function essentially the same it just depends on what price and bling level turns you on.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
Fillmore77
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After days of searching and hunting up and down the internet, I found the current manufacturer/distributor for the style of faucets used in the late bays, they still carry the city water, city water/pump switch, and even a city water/hand pump combination I had no idea even existed !

I just ordered one of those, model RV500, price for a brand new unit is $40.10 plus shipping. Awesome.

For those of you searching for a replacement unit for your old faucet, or a change in configuration, these were originally distributed in the states by J & C Water systems, who also sold the city water hookup found on late bays.
The current distributor is ZEBRA RV, they have a website but it is under construction. You can reach Kelly at the sales desk, 512-778-5000.

I'm trying to find out now if Zebra also still has the original hook-ups, or if maybe J&C held on to that part of the business.

Hope this helps somebody !

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

1977 Bay Westy, stock 2.0l FI, Hailing from Quebec, Canada.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Fillmore77
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yes ! OEM city water hookup is also available form Zebra RV, part number R146-PW for polar white, CW for colonial white.

1977 Bay Westy, stock 2.0l FI, Hailing from Quebec, Canada.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
1977_L63H_P27
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fillmore77 wrote:
And yes ! OEM city water hookup is also available form Zebra RV, part number R146-PW for polar white, CW for colonial white.

They have it listed as an RC146P here

http://www.go-rv.com/coast/do/catalog/page?index=A...ageNum=281

That's the one I bought and it was a perfect match to the original.

1977 Westfalia P27 Green Bay Bus
you can't spell Volkswagen without SWAG
M-code Plate
Full Moon Bus Club
otiswesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fillmore77 wrote:
After days of searching and hunting up and down the internet, I found the current manufacturer/distributor for the style of faucets used in the late bays, they still carry the city water, city water/pump switch, and even a city water/hand pump combination I had no idea even existed !

I just ordered one of those, model RV500, price for a brand new unit is $40.10 plus shipping. Awesome.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Just saw this post. What a great pump, no luck looking for one now. Must be NLA

Just a regular guy
Hoody
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Late Westy Sink Pump Swap Reply with quote

How well does it fit to your original plastic mounting plate? Do they sell those as well? My guess is its not even close. Looking at the pic....some people don't care whether its manual or electric. But..the Late Westy's had a plastic base under the units. Good for you for passing this on to the masses! I am still waiting for the guy with the cnc machine who has found a "like" off white original color plastic that will make these even in a small production. Adam at NLA VW Parts just sent me a dead tits perfect piece that covers the bulkhead brase which had been long sought after for a looooong time. Now if I can just get some new "rubber snubbers" for my Late Bay Westy Pop Top...
WhirledTraveller
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Late Westy Sink Pump Swap Reply with quote

Caution that the replacement faucets, while they look identical, have a taller spigot that doesn't clear when the lid is closed. Bending the spigot so that it clears is possible but extremely tricky to do without creasing the spigot.
otiswesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Late Westy Sink Pump Swap Reply with quote

Hoody wrote:
I am still waiting for the guy with the cnc machine who has found a "like" off white original color plastic that will make these even in a small production. Adam at NLA VW Parts just sent me a dead tits perfect piece that covers the bulkhead brase which had been long sought after for a looooong time.

Not available on their web site yet. Evil or Very Mad

Just a regular guy
DougB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Late Westy Sink Pump Swap Reply with quote

I can 3D print late Westy faucet bases if you don't mind curves that are a tad angular. I did it for mine Westy after years of waiting for a repro source. PM me if you're interested.
'41 Zundapp KS600
'55 Puch SGS250
A very, very understanding wife
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: