Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hubby has quick reflexes!! need Coolant hose kit for 1.9L
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
crowinghen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: Hubby has quick reflexes!! need Coolant hose kit for 1.9L Reply with quote

We went camping this week-end , were heading home this afternoon. At about Olympia, Hubby heads over to the slow lane an dgets to the shoulder of the road-- our coolant light is blinking and we're overheating Sad

Luckily he was quick, we only lost a little coolant. One of our hoses had a slit in it. good thing we could just cut off the bad part and re-attach the hose, add coolant, burp the system, and we were back on the road in about 10 minutes.
There are alot of soft hoses back there, so now I'm looking for a kit that has the most common hoses for a 1.9... does anyone have a link to one? seems alot of hoses are NLA>>> or is there alist of the necessary hoses, and their equivalents from the FLAPS?

thanks so much!
syncrodoka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://busdepot.com/view.jsp?model=58&category=11&group=120&prodgroup=-1
VC lists a bunch of hoses if you want to pick just the ones that you need.
crowinghen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ours is an automatic-- I saw that Busdepot kit-- i guess I'll have to see if there are alot of hoses that the auto can use too-- Iguess I'm being lazy and just wanted to clickonsomething and buy it instead of look uo all those hoses and where they go... Rolling Eyes

thanks!
susie
BayrischerGTI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give V.C. a call. They might be able to piece a kit together for you for an automatic. Their service is top notch.
IdahoDoug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This
1987 2WD Wolfsburg Vanagon Weekender "Mango", two fully locked 80 Series LandCruisers. 2017 Subaru Outback boxer. 1990 Audi 90 Quattro 20V with rear locking differential, 1990 burgundy parts Vanagon. 1984 Porsche 944, 1988 Toyota Supra 5 speed targa, 2002 BMW 325iX, 1982 Toyota Sunrader
r39o
Samba Polizei

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is usually the little hoses that give problems. Some can be a real pita to replace. You almost want to drop the engine and do a complete outside clean, reseal and hose replacement. I will be doing this to my 85 after my 90 is deemed reliable after the Suby infusion is finished.

1990 Multivan EJ 22, Rancho trans 0.82 4th, Small Car front AC, CLKs w/ 215/65-16, homemade big brakes 303mm, Konis, Recaros, etc....

Click to see my ads for Cup holders, Subaru clutch fix and CLK wheels (no wheels currently)
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: