Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

weshoffeld - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: weshoffeld
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
bdajjr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: weshoffeld - [email protected] Reply with quote

super fast, very helpful and friendly. Exactly as described.
Mark Evans Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:31 am    Post subject: Re: weshoffeld - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought a few items from Wes, super fast shipping, a pleasure to deal with.
luki
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: weshoffeld - [email protected] Reply with quote

DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS PERSON.

I bought a pair of reverse light bulb holders from Wes that had damage that was hidden by the gaskets. The parts are completely useless because of the hidden damage. When I informed Wes of the damage his reply was the following:

"Please see attachment. As the add states I would have been happy to take more pictures prior to shipping and the pictures are the description. I would have been happy to have completely disassembled them had you ask but I sold them just as I got them and as the add clearly stated these were to be sold as is. When someone can have me take as many pictures as they want to ensure they get what they are wanting but don't, and then want a return is ridiculous and that's why I had to write the add just as I did to protect myself from people who buy rashly and don't take the time to ensure they know what it is they are buying and that it's in the condition they are looking for. Sorry please ask for more pictures or ask questions prior to buying parts in the future."

1. There is NO DISPUTE that the parts Wes sold me were damaged.

2. He made no attempt tp make it right. No offer to let me return the damaged parts.

3. According to Wes it's up to me to ask if the parts he sells have hidden damage.

4. He thinks he is off the hook because I had the opportunity to ask for more pictures, but the parts looked fine in the pictures.

5. All Wes had to do was take 30 seconds to remove the gaskets but instead chose not to and it's my fault because I trusted him

6. Any seller that has a disclaimer like he has is someone to STAY AWAY FROM.

If you deal with Wes and ask for your money back on damaged parts this is the kind of reply you will get from him.
He called me a “ dickhead”and told me to “fuck off”

Wes DOES NOT dispute the parts were broken because I sent him a picture of the damaged parts.
I would be glad to post the picture here and tried but I am not able.
I did send the picture to Everett.

Bottom line.
If you want to do business with someone who sends you junk parts and who thinks it’s your fault because you should ask for more pictures when the item looks fine from the pictures posted AND calls you a Dickhead and to fuck off, then be my guest. I don’t recommend it though.
See quote from Wes below.

Quote:
That’s ridiculous and unscrupulous" Not going to be understanding because your a dick head. I also said not to contact me further and you didn't respect my wishes. I will now say fuck off.
Mark Evans Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:59 am    Post subject: Re: weshoffeld - [email protected] Reply with quote

luki wrote:
DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS PERSON.

I bought a pair of reverse light bulb holders from Wes that had damage that was hidden by the gaskets. The parts are completely useless because of the hidden damage. When I informed Wes of the damage his reply was the following:

"Please see attachment. As the add states I would have been happy to take more pictures prior to shipping and the pictures are the description. I would have been happy to have completely disassembled them had you ask but I sold them just as I got them and as the add clearly stated these were to be sold as is. When someone can have me take as many pictures as they want to ensure they get what they are wanting but don't, and then want a return is ridiculous and that's why I had to write the add just as I did to protect myself from people who buy rashly and don't take the time to ensure they know what it is they are buying and that it's in the condition they are looking for. Sorry please ask for more pictures or ask questions prior to buying parts in the future."

1. There is NO DISPUTE that the parts Wes sold me were damaged.

2. He made no attempt tp make it right. No offer to let me return the damaged parts.

3. According to Wes it's up to me to ask if the parts he sells have hidden damage.

4. He thinks he is off the hook because I had the opportunity to ask for more pictures, but the parts looked fine in the pictures.

5. All Wes had to do was take 30 seconds to remove the gaskets but instead chose not to and it's my fault because I trusted him

6. Any seller that has a disclaimer like he has is someone to STAY AWAY FROM.
I see many problems with your complaint. It IS up to the buyer to ask questions regarding the condition of any of these old car parts. Just because you don't see anything wrong, doesn't make it right. There are times when you are seeing what you want to see and not looking for defaults. Did you clarify with him on any concerns you might have? Did you ask him to dismantle and inspect? Did you request more pics? I also have the same "disclaimer" for as-is in my ads...This isn't Walmart. Most of the time, we're not making a ton of money from a sale. I also don't dismantle and "recondition" a part for resale.
It also might be helpful to have an ad to the link or any other pics you might have for a better assessment by us.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: weshoffeld - [email protected] Reply with quote

I see your point but I disagree.
I've sold something that the buyer informed me later was unusable.
I didn't know it was damaged and it turned out the photos I took didn't show the damage from the right angle to make it obvious.
The buyer told me, I asked for proof, mostly because I didn't understand how it could have been damaged. He showed me and explained why, I gave him a full refund and told him to keep it.
Yes, I lost money.

It would be nice to see photos here of the damage though, just for reference.

This is the original ad and photos
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2348737
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I guess they were rotted out along the edge?
That is weird given the condition of the rest of the assemblies. If that happened to me as the seller I would be surprised.
I would ask for picture proof and if true, I would work something out with the buyer.

Another example where it would be ok to say "Shove it":
If the buyer said the reflectors weren't shiny, I would say too bad, they were clearly shown in the ad.

Edit:
Luki's photo showing the damage:

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Last edited by EverettB on Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rhb798
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: weshoffeld - [email protected] Reply with quote

Thanks Wes, excellent buy!
2ndsuper beetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: weshoffeld - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought a hazard switch from wes....lightning fast ship, great switch....thanks!
chrisoh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am    Post subject: weshoffeld - [email protected] Reply with quote

Purchased nice NOS early bay exhaust clamps from Wes. They arrived super fast and as advertised. I recommend Wes as a Samba seller. Thanks Wes!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: weshoffeld - [email protected] Reply with quote

Awesome Seller! Informed about package all the way to delivery! Highly recommended!

Martin
Allwagons

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
npbusguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: weshoffeld - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought some coat hooks from Wes and they were packed and shipped promptly and arrived in great condition. Smooth and easy transaction with prompt replies to emails. Would buy from Wes again without any second thoughts.
51split
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: weshoffeld - [email protected] Reply with quote

Wes Hoffeld Sold me a early windshield wiper assembly.
Arrived early with great packing. He was up front about not having tested the motor but it ran fine on my test bench. Would definitely buy from him again.
johnny main
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: weshoffeld - [email protected] Reply with quote

Perfect transaction, well packed and quick shipping, parts arrived better than described, would deal again in a heartbeat, thanks Wes
RickH
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: weshoffeld - [email protected] Reply with quote

Easy purchase. Communication was great, item was packed well and shipped out fast. Thanks Wes!
cande83821
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: weshoffeld - [email protected] Reply with quote

Hi Wes, I received the Dellortos. I’m extremely pleased with the condition. They look like brand new or freshly rebuilt. Can’t believe how clean they are. Thanks for the great service!!
1966 Sea Sand Sunroof #2 Gone
1955 Hardtop Semaphore Oval #2 Smile
1966 Sea Sand Sunroof #3 Smile
1958 L41 Black Vert Smile

Precious metal...Vintage VW's
Bobbejaan62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:15 am    Post subject: Re: weshoffeld - [email protected] Reply with quote

Got my speakerbracket today, I bought. And I'm very happy with it.
Shipment took only 2 weeks from the USA to Europe. Until next time.
Thanks, Wes!
jr1984
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: weshoffeld - [email protected] Reply with quote

I purchased a NOS Thermostat from Wes and it was excellent, just as described. Wes shipped promptly and did an excellent job packing it to avoid shipping damage. I highly recommend doing business with Wes.
Sav63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: weshoffeld - [email protected] Reply with quote

I purchased a NOS Bosch distributor dust cover from Wes. It was a perfect fit. He shipped the part promptly. I would definitely buy from him again.
onlynavw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: weshoffeld - [email protected] Reply with quote

I couldn’t be happier with the 80mm gas cap I purchased from Wes, he was super friendly, fast to ship and again couldn’t be happier with the quality of the product I purchased! I would 1000% recommend anything he’s selling and will keep and eye out for future purchases from him.
Typ3nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: weshoffeld - [email protected] Reply with quote

Great purchase from Wes, good communication, prompt shipping and provided tracking number. Well packaged. Would buy from again, keep the OG VW Parts Coming !
Recommended.
Typ3nut
riverside59vwragtop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: weshoffeld - [email protected] Reply with quote

I am very pleased with my purchase of headlight switch. Communication was prompt and shipping was very fast. Good vw people are always appreciated.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: