Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

86 Syncro Westy Re-Build Begins!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Williamtaylor33
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carterzest wrote:
A bit of a bad news update. Got a HERNIA!

Sorry to hear that.
Here's some comic relief for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbtHYJlgSKM&feature=youtube_gdata_player
carterzest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Williamtaylor33 wrote:
carterzest wrote:

Sorry to hear that.

YOU BASTID. I just checked my thread night 2 after surgery, and I cannot stop laughing and it hurts really really bad.....you are a very bad man Evil or Very Mad Funny thing, that song sounds like my soundtrack for the last 20 years. Turns out surgery #1 on this back 20 yrs ago, my nerve was stitched into the mesh, therefore....well, lets just say this should fix a lot of discomfort I have lived with. It has always been back pain and never thought about a nerve in my belly causing the chronic pain. I never thought about a reinjury of a a 20 YO fix.

Had to share that on my faceplace. Very Happy

Ordered the new T3 Technique,
CamperVan Culture endorsed,
L Shaped window flares. Cool

Hey, it/s the little things Wink

I need a set of CLK rims in Portland. Anyone?
Thanks for following along folks...

Epsom salts are the Sh!t. Best post op Laxative ever Wink
carterzest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Williamtaylor33 wrote:
carterzest wrote:

Sorry to hear that.

YOU BASTID. I just checked my thread night 2 after surgery, and I cannot stop laughing and it hurts really really bad.....you are a very bad man Evil or Very Mad Funny thing, that song sounds like my soundtrack for the last 20 years. Turns out surgery #1 on this back 20 yrs ago, my nerve was stitched into the mesh, therefore....well, lets just say this should fix a lot of discomfort I have lived with. It has always been back pain and never thought about a nerve in my belly causing the chronic pain. I never thought about a reinjury of a a 20 YO fix.

Had to share that on my faceplace. Very Happy

Ordered the new T3 Technique,
CamperVan Culture endorsed,
L Shaped window flares. Cool

Hey, it's the little things Wink

I need a set of CLK rims in Portland. Anyone?
Thanks for following along folks...
carterzest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much has been happening since my surgery, but, today I got the slider window latch installed after drilling the damn thing out from the outside due to a stripped thread Evil or Very Mad Thanks Ken and Tony and Josh!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

oh, and....

Probably going with these for now Very Happy
16"
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=B...;tab=Sizes

biggest wheel that will work with the stock syncro but have to have a very specific tire for it. I think I have it down, but, if not, I would have no problem getting rid of them.
16"

Super motivated to get the cabinets back in and the camper seals installed. Its starting to get a bit cold for a holy van.
bluefirefly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carterzest wrote:
Not much has been happening since my surgery, but, today I got the slider window latch installed after drilling the damn thing out from the outside due to a stripped thread Evil or Very Mad Thanks Ken and Tony and Josh!

oh, and....

Probably going with these for now Very Happy
16"

biggest wheel that will work with the stock syncro but have to have a very specific tire for it. I think I have it down, but, if not, I would have no problem getting rid of them.
16"

Super motivated to get the cabinets back in and the camper seals installed. Its starting to get a bit cold for a holy van.

Good job, I am sure you are happy to work on it again.

Your rims look nice, good size of tire too.
We ordered a set of snow tires yesterday with the same size (on Audi rimes) so we can get the van in the garage if we need too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
carterzest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerome. thanks as always for your Positivity. It means more than you know Wink

It is nice to get working on the van, but, unlike you with the snow window closing, the rain window here always wins with us. This is my first tear in to of a westy, let alone syncro westy, and I have certain things in mind for my three year plan. My mind is as ambitious as yours, my body has not been lately. But, onward and upward yes?
Here is where we are at, and it sounds sheepishly familiar to where you may also be at Very Happy

Quote:
The thought was these, largest wheel tire combo on a stock syncro platform...my buddy is a madman at this stuff and suggested these as he has them
So, I pull the trigger. I called him that morning but he was out picking mushrooms).

He emails me last this morning with his appologies. Sorry, copied from a forum

here was our original conversation

<I suck at all things tire and wheel BTW Very Happy >

----------Like mine for $200

---

the ad he guided me to
--
http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/pts/2667511325.html

2004 C320 wheels. In great condition. 5 bolt, 12 mm.

my reply on the way to pick them up

------------

You said 52 mm studs?
Thanks
Jeff

===

his reply a bit late Laughing

My memory is coming back on what I had to do to get these wheels to work on my syncro. I wish I would have remembered this before I pointed you in this direction. But all is not lost, it shouldn't be hard to sell the wheels and get your money back since you got such a great deal on them.

Here is what is necessary to get the wheels to fit.
Drill the 12 mm holes out to 14mm
Find ball seat nuts that will fit (maybe loogy has them) or what I did was change the seat to a 30* taper so I could use the cheap costco tapered lug nuts.
Then you have to get longer studs front and rear.
The rears are not as hard, you have to take the rear hub off and pound out the stock studs and pound in the new ones. I used the GW 56mm studs and tack welded them on the back. If I did it again I would use longer ones since the nuts don't bolt on fully.
The fronts are more complicated to put longer studs on (I think you need ~60mm) because to remove the hub you have to replace the front wheel bearings also. When you remove the front hubs the bearing gets destroyed. I put in the longer front studs in when I replaced my wheel bearings (during my syncro conversion) because I wasn't sure which wheels I would use in the future.

So as you can see a lot of parts and labor is involved with making these wheels fit. You need studs, nuts, and front wheel bearings. Also the 16" tires in the size you need are expensive $178 each plus mounting. In the past those tires were cheaper, Tom picked up a set for $78 each when they were on sale last year. As you can see this option will not be cheap by the time you buy tires, studs, nuts, and bearings and have the work done to switch out the studs.

As I have said before the cheapest easiest thing to do would be to keep the wheels you have and buy the 215/75/15 BFG ATs ($128 each on tire rack $512 for a set plus mounting ~ $60-70) tires and get them mounted. No need for new studs, nuts, or wheel bearings. Many people are using the GW wheels and I have not heard of any problems, have you heard of any catastrophic consequences? Why do you want to get rid of them?

15s would cost about $600.
16s would cost about $1300

wheels 160
bearings 120
studs 50
nuts 25
labor 200
tires 712

Again I am very sorry for suggesting these wheels and regret doing so. I forgot all the things I had to do to make them work. If I were you I would just get the 15" tires and call it good.

So, I want the biggest best that I can get, but, I have other things, mostly cosmetic and totally selfish and irrational on deck right now.....so, may just roll with the MBZ rims I currently have and put on ...

15"
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=B...;tab=Specs

I will get it sorted out, just wanted new wheel/tire combo without all this stud bullshit. With my hernia and my current wheels which are really non-user friendly, I cannot do this myself. frustrating

FECK.

So, in some ways, I am golden. Just do this(my wheels assemblies are all fresh) and get it done and over with and then I can have any wheel I want in the future with minimal issues of stud length, or, use my existing GW non-load rated Korean 15" wheels and get the cheaper BFG's
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiresNoResults.jsp?t...osting.php

Think engine conversion in the future, 10cent baby!

I am all about buttoning this up for the winter and getting it somewhat ready to go next spring, but, my desire keeps getting in my way. Twisted Evil

I will figure this out and may have this set up for sale as they are awesome wheels that ARE load rated and correct, but, decisions Surprised

Oh, and I opened my birthday present a bit early tonight and found an excellent LED Eddie Bauer flashlight and took it out to look for leaks. Found that the main leak which likely caused all of the seam rust is actually @3/4 way back on the kitchen slider window frame, which I have not yet repaired. You said it first about the unexpected's Laughing At this point, I am buying a new passenger and drivers mid-ship slider window's, uh, black framed please, and, in Portland, is that too much to ask?

If you are going to do it...............

WOOOT!

I am so excited to get what I want and need and get on the road that I do not blame anybody. BTW, anybody want a set of 16 C230 wheels Evil or Very Mad
Cheers
bluefirefly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carterzest wrote:
Jerome. thanks as always for your Positivity. It means more than you know Wink

It is nice to get working on the van, but, unlike you with the snow window closing, the rain window here always wins with us. This is my first tear in to of a westy, let alone syncro westy, and I have certain things in mind for my three year plan. My mind is as ambitious as yours, my body has not been lately. But, onward and upward yes?
Here is where we are at, and it sounds sheepishly familiar to where you may also be at Very Happy

Quote:
The thought was these, largest wheel tire combo on a stock syncro platform...my buddy is a madman at this stuff and suggested these as he has them
So, I pull the trigger. I called him that morning but he was out picking mushrooms).

He emails me last this morning with his appologies. Sorry, copied from a forum

here was our original conversation

<I suck at all things tire and wheel BTW Very Happy >

----------Like mine for $200

---

the ad he guided me to
--
http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/pts/2667511325.html

2004 C320 wheels. In great condition. 5 bolt, 12 mm.

my reply on the way to pick them up

------------

You said 52 mm studs?
Thanks
Jeff

===

his reply a bit late Laughing

My memory is coming back on what I had to do to get these wheels to work on my syncro. I wish I would have remembered this before I pointed you in this direction. But all is not lost, it shouldn't be hard to sell the wheels and get your money back since you got such a great deal on them.

Here is what is necessary to get the wheels to fit.
Drill the 12 mm holes out to 14mm
Find ball seat nuts that will fit (maybe loogy has them) or what I did was change the seat to a 30* taper so I could use the cheap costco tapered lug nuts.
Then you have to get longer studs front and rear.
The rears are not as hard, you have to take the rear hub off and pound out the stock studs and pound in the new ones. I used the GW 56mm studs and tack welded them on the back. If I did it again I would use longer ones since the nuts don't bolt on fully.
The fronts are more complicated to put longer studs on (I think you need ~60mm) because to remove the hub you have to replace the front wheel bearings also. When you remove the front hubs the bearing gets destroyed. I put in the longer front studs in when I replaced my wheel bearings (during my syncro conversion) because I wasn't sure which wheels I would use in the future.

So as you can see a lot of parts and labor is involved with making these wheels fit. You need studs, nuts, and front wheel bearings. Also the 16" tires in the size you need are expensive $178 each plus mounting. In the past those tires were cheaper, Tom picked up a set for $78 each when they were on sale last year. As you can see this option will not be cheap by the time you buy tires, studs, nuts, and bearings and have the work done to switch out the studs.

As I have said before the cheapest easiest thing to do would be to keep the wheels you have and buy the 215/75/15 BFG ATs ($128 each on tire rack $512 for a set plus mounting ~ $60-70) tires and get them mounted. No need for new studs, nuts, or wheel bearings. Many people are using the GW wheels and I have not heard of any problems, have you heard of any catastrophic consequences? Why do you want to get rid of them?

15s would cost about $600.
16s would cost about $1300

wheels 160
bearings 120
studs 50
nuts 25
labor 200
tires 712

Again I am very sorry for suggesting these wheels and regret doing so. I forgot all the things I had to do to make them work. If I were you I would just get the 15" tires and call it good.

So, I want the biggest best that I can get, but, I have other things, mostly cosmetic and totally selfish and irrational on deck right now.....so, may just roll with the MBZ rims I currently have and put on ...

15"
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=B...;tab=Specs

I will get it sorted out, just wanted new wheel/tire combo without all this stud bullshit. With my hernia and my current wheels which are really non-user friendly, I cannot do this myself. frustrating

FECK.

So, in some ways, I am golden. Just do this(my wheels assemblies are all fresh) and get it done and over with and then I can have any wheel I want in the future with minimal issues of stud length, or, use my existing GW non-load rated Korean 15" wheels and get the cheaper BFG's
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiresNoResults.jsp?t...osting.php

Think engine conversion in the future, 10cent baby!

I am all about buttoning this up for the winter and getting it somewhat ready to go next spring, but, my desire keeps getting in my way. Twisted Evil

I will figure this out and may have this set up for sale as they are awesome wheels that ARE load rated and correct, but, decisions Surprised

Oh, and I opened my birthday present a bit early tonight and found an excellent LED Eddie Bauer flashlight and took it out to look for leaks. Found that the main leak which likely caused all of the seam rust is actually @3/4 way back on the kitchen slider window frame, which I have not yet repaired. You said it first about the unexpected's Laughing At this point, I am buying a new passenger and drivers mid-ship slider window's, uh, black framed please, and, in Portland, is that too much to ask?

If you are going to do it...............

WOOOT!

I am so excited to get what I want and need and get on the road that I do not blame anybody. BTW, anybody want a set of 16 C230 wheels Evil or Very Mad
Cheers

Too bad for your wheels, I know it is a job to do, easier for me since I did it before, everything went out well.
I didn't replace my front bearings and took them apart twice already, it seems fine but I can hear a little noise from the front, not sure, it might be those bearings complaning, I'll look for new and replace them next spring.
Be careful with 56mm studs, last time I bought some but they were not threaded until the end so it didn't work but because my winter are Audi, I had to use a spacer and longer studs, so I have 70mm studs in front (from Loogy, threaded until the end), a bit long, I'll need to cut them (as you friend said, 60mm should be plenty enough but Loogy had only 70mm). For now they are good because my MB rims have deep "holes" so you can't see but it might be another story with the Audi, I might need to cut them next week when rims and tires are back because there is no protection for those studs if I get a rock:

I was thinking about it, do you need new tires right now?
Because, you could keep everything you have, wait for a good price for those tires in 16" and that will pay for the job if you don't want to do it yourself. Just a thought.

Good idea to get that leak fixed, but those sliding windows are a little hard to do, try to get someone to help you. I think it was easier to do the windshield than those 2 sliding window rubbers, I had to go inside the van because my wife wasn't able to pull the rope to get the rubber inplace.
But the hardest were the front door windows, I feel bad only remembering it......

Not really a conversion with a 10C motor, but with the extra power, you might feel like it. You'll be happy with it, but take a look at the rest of your system, you might need to upgrade your cooling system a bit if you go for more horsepower.
I replaced my rad and went for RMW SS coolant pipe, I don't regret it a bit and it was needed, I found some surprise when I took apart those 26 years old plastic pipe..... as well as the heavy, certainly close to be plugged rad.....
The new rad doesn't work hard when driving since those SS pipe exchange heat already (thin pipe if you compare with those over 1/4" thick platic pipe) and I keep my temp at 90C on the highway or even going up hill in the mountain.....

So, last, a little Boo hoo! (that is suppose to be music for your birthday), get better soon because you have miles to put in your van.

Jerome
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Love My Westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeffrey, Too bad about your wheels, they are really sharp looking. As far as tires go, I got Discount Tire to match the Tire Rack price on my BFG's and now I have someone local to take them to if I have a problem.
I too hope that you are feeling better. I am finally over my cold and back to thinking about my Van. Rich
carterzest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rich. I will work it out. Kind of pondering just doing the studs and rolling them as the CLK wheels are @125 each + shipping. Found 3 locally, just need to wait for the $$ to catch up.

Got my Dubflecta's today and as advertised, they install in a snap. Thanks to Jed the Spread for the great write up lead and thanks to Loogy for getting them in bulk for us. Get yourself a set.

If he only would have shipped two stickers, one for each side Laughing
Love My Westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look great, I'd love a pair, but righ now I'm getting ready to spring for some new springs and brakes, plus I have to get it through emissions. Rich
carterzest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not much "Bluefirefly type" progress to report other than being happy as all FECK to be driving a Syncro Westy daily(brings a smile to my soul every morning...what was I waiting for?).

My bling Embarassed mistake is all good.

between what I paid for ^^^^ those, and what I came home with in my pocket, well, I am up $50 Cool

Oh, and, he knows Tristar Erik and has had dealings with him in the past. He is a Mercedes mechanic and a great guy. Win Win indeed. He has a G500, which I have been courting the purchase of for the Fam(not his)...

Thinking I'm gonna roll the GW 15"s with some new BFG or Beefaliscious alternative.

That is where I am at.

Traded PM's with Classicvibe today about Syncro Solstice 2012 and he assure me it is in the planning stages Very Happy I cannot wait YO!!!
kamzcab86
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice lookin' shoes. Cool

carterzest wrote:

Traded PM's with Classicvibe today about Syncro Solstice 2012 and he assure me it is in the planning stages Very Happy I cannot wait YO!!!

Dancing Applause Dancing
2016 Golf GTI S
"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." - 孔子
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
carterzest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, with all of the fun I had last year at Syncrozest and NWMF, I did not get much at all done on the SyncWest. I decided to sell the 57 SCab to get the ball rolling on things and that has me motivated once again to get going on my daily driver, the SyncWesty. But, to take the DD out of circulation, I needed another DD, so, I introduce you to my new sh!tbox.

In the meantime, I have plunked down the deposit fundage on a Chris Corkins Masterpiece. Scheduled ship date, November 15th Crying or Very sad

I have lots of decisions to make, like, which van will get the Vanistan motor. The new 86 Syncro Tintop also has a rear locker and a lot less rust, so, it may be a better DD for me in the long term. Working on getting the SyncWest on the road for SdM(wishing I could do SyncroFest and SyncroSolstice, but, working those dates Evil or Very Mad ), then, in the next couple weeks, doing the shakedown on the sh!tbox in hopes of getting it daily driveable. Once that is accomplished, then the remaining body work on the SyncWest will begin. So, this thread may be taking another tack soon, but, no decisions just yet.

[img]

Hodakaguy has been killing me with his build thread Razz

Oh, and I found the Previous Previous Owner(PPO), SuspectDevice, of the new van which is good to get some history on it. I love the Samba!
carterzest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a lot going on with my build lately, other than I purchased Mr. Hanky(my mechanic's name for it), aka, the Shi!tbox shown above, and I have been doing some soul searching. Still not sure which one is going to get the Tencent motor,but, in the meantime, we have to jump when we see the carrot, no?

This should work out quite nicely. Thanks SyncroJack on TS for the opportunity to upgrade and trade my rusted out POS skidplate for your masterpiece. You know how I know you are crazy Laughing
1/4' plate welded along the whole mofo. Quite the overkill, but, it will solve the problem I have had the last two Flog's..... Very Happy

Sdm was fantastic. I cannoot wait for NWMF 13. Wooot!

Phishman068
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this skid plate just a factory set of bars with 1/4'' plate on it?
Aren't the bars themselves quite weak and easily dented, so this will just spread out the load a bit but still likely mangle the whole thing....right?

Someone please correct me, as i'm hoping to build some soon and was of the impression I needed to use thicker walled bars.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6864936#6864936

"Along with the ability to go fast, one looses the desire to hurry."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
carterzest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phishman068 wrote:
Aren't the bars themselves quite weak and easily dented, so this will just spread out the load a bit but still likely mangle the whole thing....right?

Someone please correct me, as i'm hoping to build some soon and was of the impression I needed to use thicker walled bars.

Yes, that is exactly what it is.. Mods to follow shortly. See below:
FrankenSubySyncro wrote:
carterzest wrote:
Thanks SyncroJack on TS for the opportunity to upgrade and trade my rusted out POS skidplate for your masterpiece. You know how I know you are crazy Laughing

Now, if Jahbah would just post up some of the epic pics he took at Hollister, especially the nightshot one of my van and the stars Rolling Eyes
C'mon, its not like you can make the GW calendar two years in a row or something Evil or Very Mad

Hey Jeffery that looks like the one that was on CL. Nice score!
Now you should add some wings to it that go up to the frame so it doesn't get bent up and vibrate on the exhaust header, like this one:

I would also suggest these for rocker protection:
http://www.gowesty.com/ec_view_details.php?id=4370&category_id=385&category_parent_id=

Exactly what I was thinking David. I highly doubt that this skidplate would have been resting on my motor like the last one has done 2x. "Phishman068", this is exactly the beginning of what I intend to end up with. These bars are totally reinforced, and, if they did end up caving in, they will have done their job, will be quickly removed, reinforced and reinstalled. I intend to do a setup like David has shown above. The thing about these is, they are REALLY HEAVY....Thinking I would like to cut out some portions for airflow and fluid drainage Laughing The weight does not bother me so much as the airflow. Soon, I will be playing with larger motors and such, nowadays, I just need to help protect myself from David, FrankenSubySyncro. He is a killer Shocked
I am also springing for a set of Das Mule sliders and the GW protection, like you did Cool
FrankenSubySyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phishman068 wrote:

Phishman, check out this thread if you haven't seen it already:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=512616
F & R lockers, decoupler, SS, 6.17 R&P
Trans Cooler
EMPI race prepped 930 CVs and axles
Bilstein coilover front, rear ProComp MX-6066R shocks, 14" hypercoil springs
30x9.5 15" BFG Muds
Custom skid plates
Nose job (custom front bumper) http://www.flickr.com/photos/subyvanagon/sets/72157624970330925/
carterzest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a lot of updates to be had on my thread, unlike HodokaGuy's Twisted Evil
I bought a tiptop Syncro with less rust and I am still trying to determine which van gets the Tencent motor this November Cool

The van performed FANTASTIC at SdM, and, I did do some damage to my syncro specific lower exhaust and a harder to find coolant hose. The exhaust replacement, if you can find one, are @$425, so, Tom at Halsey hooked me up with a used one for $50. Halsey has saved my bacon many times during the course of owning 18 of these SH!TBOXES Shocked

Also, got all of the gaskets and bolts and washers to nurse this one along

On the SyncWest and the SyncTintop, I developed a leak in the lower hose. Ends up, even VanCafe has the hose listed wrong, so, after comparing another syncro and a 2wd van(non AT) at Halsey, we determined it needed this

It is this hose on both of my vans
(the replacement hose I have listed here is for a 2wd non-AT van for future reference Wink I will have enough for a few more by the time I cut it up)

crappy picture but its the small lower one about mid photo that is bad on both of mine

Since one of my vans will be gone through completely, this is what I am doing for now so as not to put parts in one that I will be taking out in 6 months.

Halsey bought a tintop syncro at auction and sold it to a loyal customer for a bit more than I am into mine....so, all in all, I still feel pretty good about where I am sitting right now.

My goal, have one dialed in Syncro. My reality, I have two syncro's which run and drive but are pretty stock and untouched. Something may have to give to accomplish my reality of one dialed in Syncro.
carterzest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ladies and gentlemen, I respectfully present you with.
VANISTAN #51

I am still on the fence about which van it goes in, but, as of now, I am thinking of puting it in the SyncTintop, Mr. Hanky. Once Hanky is up and ripping, I can work on the SyncWesty, or, the SyncDoka if that materializes for me Cool There is an outside chance that this SyncWesty may be FS in a "you finish" condition. I long to make the Westfalia Syncro Prices thread
Rolling Eyes

It made it from Albuquerque to Denver this morning.....counting the minutes until it arrives in Portland.

Woot!
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carterzest wrote:
ladies and gentlemen, I respectfully present you with.
VANISTAN #51

It made it from Albuquerque to Denver this morning.....counting the minutes until it arrives in Portland.

Woot!

Mr. Corkin does beautiful work! Wink
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: