Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Windshield Wiper Spray Nozzle Tube
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
IoWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:43 pm    Post subject: Windshield Wiper Spray Nozzle Tube Reply with quote

While replacing the windshield washer spray nozzle, I accidentally let the washer fluid tubing drop back behind the front of the van. Mad Is there an easy way to retrieve it and reconnect it to the spray nozzle?
insyncro
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy....I guess if pulling the dash is what you consider easy.
madspaniard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there is an easy way, I had to deal with the same issue about 2 months ago, didn't need to remove the dash. I used medical type forceps or Sklar pliers, the ones with a long narrow neck, I had a perfect forceps around for the job from some old surgery. I used a flashlight to locate the tubing behind the sheet metal and then carefuly pulled the tubing out with the forceps. As a default, you can try with the end of a metal clothes hanger. It all depends on how far back the tubing retrieves inside but usually it stays close to the opening from years of being in that position, the tubing gets a bit rigid with time.

http://www.allheart.com/product.aspx?p=pm500&u...=370984830

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad” - Salvador Dali
IoWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I Snake a wire from behind the instrument cluster? Are there any diagrams of the hoses?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: