Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Calling all Barndoors
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
barndoormambo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barndoor Mafia wrote:
BulletBus wrote:
I'm up. I may drive from Florida, but I don't want to be the only one driving from the East Coast. So, if someone else is heading West, we can caravan over. This is gonna be so badass. Cool About 2100 miles.

You should talk to MaHk Rafferty. He's ventured across from Florida several times. Give him a gingle. He is aware of this event.

streetwagens wrote:
Do miles in a ship count? Cool

Of course it does Mate! That would be AWESOME if you guys made the voyage out to the "Colonies" in your Buses!!!!

Scotty .......... here is your chance mate. I've spoke to Bear in Spacebook and he & Andrew are all for it!! REALLY.

Plums wrote:
A British invasion would be great Very Happy
As Scotty said Mmmmmmmm

Like I said, we haven't had a serious British Invasion in some time. This is also open to anyone who would like to participate. I know most of you British Barndoor owners and you guys know I will welcome you with open arms, But you have to buy me a pint, not Corona because we don't drink that piss! It's for the tourists. REALLY! Wink

This year gap gives everyone enough time to either plan their holiday or get their Barndoor project ready for the event.

..now THAT's food for thought! Very Happy Cool
RockStock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barndoor Mafia wrote:
The biggest surprise for me this weekend was seeing Little Carlos' 54 Deluxe!! JODER!!!

plse can someone post some more pics up of Lil Carlos' dlx? i can't see many of it
Plums
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barndoor Mafia wrote:
BulletBus wrote:
I'm up. I may drive from Florida, but I don't want to be the only one driving from the East Coast. So, if someone else is heading West, we can caravan over. This is gonna be so badass. Cool About 2100 miles.

You should talk to MaHk Rafferty. He's ventured across from Florida several times. Give him a gingle. He is aware of this event.

streetwagens wrote:

Of course it does Mate! That would be AWESOME if you guys made the voyage out to the "Colonies" in your Buses!!!!

Scotty .......... here is your chance mate. I've spoke to Bear in Spacebook and he & Andrew are all for it!! REALLY.

Plums wrote:
As Scotty said Mmmmmmmm

Like I said, we haven't had a serious British Invasion in some time. This is also open to anyone who would like to participate. I know most of you British Barndoor owners and you guys know I will welcome you with open arms, But you have to buy me a pint, not Corona because we don't drink that piss! It's for the tourists. REALLY! Wink

This year gap gives everyone enough time to either plan their holiday or get their Barndoor project ready for the event.

Pints are the only way Wink

What is the nearest port as I have a shipping contact who will give me a cost to send my bus out on a return journey.
This could make for a great family holiday Very Happy

I will post up cost once I know and may work out cheaper the more busses wanting to go.

Sean

God save the Queen, Old split buses & Lambretta's
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only 3000 miles and a year to get this ready this ready.
Is theare a award for oldest VW US imported bus?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Gerson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BD owners on the East Coast can take a look at this thread and the link below, let's get going on this....... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Johnny, not trying to hijack, just trying to get people on this side rousted up and organized, I posted this link on the other thead, feel free to post and help us out with this....

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=468699

we (klassicfab) make the funky green panels...........

Last edited by Gerson on Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm. That gives me one year to get something ready. Of course if I make it I will be driving a stock 36hp from the bay area. No trailer for me. This would be a great adventure for my very first OCTO! Anyone else driving (slow) from the north? Andre? Greg and Clara?
andre b
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick wrote:
hmm. That gives me one year to get something ready. Of course if I make it I will be driving a stock 36hp from the bay area. No trailer for me. This would be a great adventure for my very first OCTO! Anyone else driving (slow) from the north? Andre? Greg and Clara?
that sound like a plan..the whole trailer thing sucks.I think the drive would be nice..we can just cruise and camp on the way..we need to get Dean to go to..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Busfarmer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all about the caravan. Last time we rolled 101 and it was a sight to behold.

Rick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andre b wrote:
Rick wrote:
that sound like a plan..the whole trailer thing sucks.I think the drive would be nice..we can just cruise and camp on the way..we need to get Dean to go to..

yes Dean can be copilot. I won't even bring any tools or spare parts. If he can't fix it, he will push it!
BUCIOBATISTI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

volksfahrer.nl wrote:
Dean Anderson wrote:

Damn Johnny,

You where such a good looking model back then that you even made Halle Berry there on the right side of you look chubby!

Shit, he was just kneeling down to get a peek up their skirts! I taught him that trick.

That's the best place to see the latest things we are up to as well as catch an occasional sneak peek of our latest car and parts listings!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Busfarmer wrote:
I spoke with the imfamous Dean Anderson and he said he was in as long as we drive . We had a caravan of about 14 barndoors that came out of the north last time and we should be able to do that with no problem this time.

Yeah! That's what I'm talking about! I also do remember the NorCal BD boys rolling in DEEP! I say Drive down!!! You guys will all going in the same pace. Well, except you Todd. Wink

Dean Anderson wrote:
YES its true Im in as long as we drive. So "twice as nice half the price" will be there.
I have not driven the 55 brown and brown standard in over 10 years.
I got a barndoor chub goin on!!!!!!
This should be a lot of fun

Cool Beans Dean! I haven't seen your Standard since the day I was brought into the BUS FARMERS Organization, And I am the only So Cali BUS FARMERS member .......... to this day! Air Vin, the picture above was taken during the celebration. I also remember the party inside that Deluxe which Lenny just finished. YIKES!!! But its good to hear and know the NorCal BD Boys are in on the action. I will make sure Danko stays away from your cooler! Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
low54
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barndoormambo wrote:
Barndoor Mafia wrote:
BulletBus wrote:

streetwagens wrote:

Plums wrote:
As Scotty said Mmmmmmmm

How about roll on roll of to brunswick florida drive across and ship the buses back home from california Very Happy
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EA57RHD wrote:
For Sure Johnny, I'd love to chill with all you guys Cool
I'm getting more and more excited about this Barndoor gathering at next years OCTO. It will be a blast and I'm sure we can reach the 40 plus Barndoor mark no problem. My 53 will definitely have some major improvements by then.

Sounds like you are on a mission and I agree with you ....... 40 plus will be no problem. Especially now knowing our NorCal buddies will be making the voyage down.

Ragtop wrote:
I'll be there, might trailer it but will definitely be driving around so cal Cool

Awesome George! I remember your bus from many years ago and conteplated buying it. Though I would have never thought it would be on the road, like most of them. I'm glad you got it and made it road worthy. It will blend in perfectly with all the others at the gathering.

Gerson wrote:
BD owners on the East Coast can take a look at this thread and the link below, let's get going on this....... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Johnny, not trying to hijack, just trying to get people on this side rousted up and organized, I posted this link on the other thead, feel free to post and help us out with this....

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=468699

Cool Gerson! This is a great idea and an awesome adventure. Hopefully MaHk can make out this year?? (Matisse misses him Wink ) Even if folks were to trailer them out would be cool. Remember, it's about getting as many Barndoor's as we can at this gathering.

[email protected] wrote:
Only 3000 miles and a year to get this ready this ready.
Is theare a award for oldest VW US imported bus?

That will be an adventure for you my friend. Both the voyage out this way and getting your bus road worthy. Or you can always trailer it out this way? As far as awards go ............ TWO will be handed out. 1 for oldest Barndoor and 2 for longest distance "DRIVEN" Barndoor. We are also considering who brings out the most Barndoors. Single owner.

Plums wrote:
Pints are the only way Wink

What is the nearest port as I have a shipping contact who will give me a cost to send my bus out on a return journey.
This could make for a great family holiday Very Happy

I will post up cost once I know and may work out cheaper the more busses wanting to go.

Sean

Pints!! I'm all for that!

The nearest port here in Los Angeles is either San Pedro or Long Beach. As far as shipping it out here, you should contact Linda (Brenden), he knows this sort of stuff. I agree with you, this will make a great family holiday. There are TONS of things to do and see out this way, aside from VW's. Cheers Wink

Rick wrote:
andre b wrote:
Rick wrote:

yes Dean can be copilot. I won't even bring any tools or spare parts. If he can't fix it, he will push it!

Rick - a lot of the NorCal folks have 36/25 hp engines, so no worries. You need to show up in your bus! In time people will chime in from all over. Lots of folks will be coming from up north so you can sort out your journey with them. Andre is coming and I'm pretty sure Clara will too!? And now confirmed, the infamous Dean Anderson will be coming down.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

low54 wrote:
barndoormambo wrote:
Barndoor Mafia wrote:
BulletBus wrote:

streetwagens wrote:

Plums wrote:
As Scotty said Mmmmmmmm

How about roll on roll of to brunswick florida drive across and ship the buses back home from california Very Happy

That can be totally be done. Then you guys can cruise across the "Colonies" with the east coast Yanks! REALLY!

Rumor has it to that a posse of Canadians are going to make the voyage down for the gathering!? Wink
matthew smith1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was thinking of selling mine but now thinking of getting the old girl ready for a trip across the pond... Any other brits wanna share a container?
[/img]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
drpete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick wrote:

A year, eh? I'll be there.....just not sure I'll drive mine that far though it sounds like a real adventure. But a caravan sounds like a great trip!

Pete Keesling
Driving a VW every day.....
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matthew smith1 wrote:
Was thinking of selling mine but now thinking of getting the old girl ready for a trip across the pond... Any other brits wanna share a container?

I'm sure you will sort it out mate! Hopefully this works out for all you guys!?

drpete wrote:
A year, eh? I'll be there.....just not sure I'll drive mine that far though it sounds like a real adventure. But a caravan sounds like a great trip!

If you got a NorCal caravan going .......... it shouldn't be a problem rolling down with them in your bus. Or trailer it down to So Cali, then roll it around. I'm sure lots of folks will be doing this.
Busfarmer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's always safety and support in numbers. I would like to see the bay area, canada, nor cal and the idaho peaople all combine a caravan. We can show the BDM what a hit really is.
Plums
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

low54 wrote:
barndoormambo wrote:
Barndoor Mafia wrote:
BulletBus wrote:

streetwagens wrote:

Plums wrote:
As Scotty said Mmmmmmmm

Flippin hell Ben, thats a long way across buddy Shocked I dont think Sam (wife not fella) and the kids could hack that, great idea though Wink
If in the next couple of months things go the way I want them to, we are going Very Happy Cool Very Happy the kids and Sam are well up for it.
There will be alot to sort out, but what a holiday Shocked Cool

Can anybody in Orange County collect my bus from the docks?

Cheers, Sean

God save the Queen, Old split buses & Lambretta's
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Busfarmer wrote:
There's always safety and support in numbers. I would like to see the bay area, canada, nor cal and the idaho peaople all combine a caravan. We can show the BDM what a hit really is.

OH SNAP!!! Don't forget Todd, I'm the only So Cal Bus Farmers Chapter member!!! Regardless, that would be an INSANE caravan down from your neck of the woods.

Sean .......... I'm sure someone in here will lend a helping hand. Just keep us posted.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Jump to:
Page 3 of 39

Jump to: