Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Calling all Barndoors
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lowdown Dirty Rat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we could make an official barndoor record attempt (this could be the first) that is every 2 or 4 years and is always in a different location.
Cali this time
Next time Germany or UK and future OZ and Japan attempts. Obviously some will be much bigger then others. But we could all enjoy the pictures and maybe even travel with or without our buses to see the local barndoors of the world.
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim & the Fonz ............. you guys should come out regardless. It will be worth it, and you will get to hangout with all sorts of characters. Trust me, there are TONS of them out this way. REALLY!

Lowdown Dirty Rat wrote:
Maybe we could make an official barndoor record attempt (this could be the first) that is every 2 or 4 years and is always in a different location.
Cali this time
Next time Germany or UK and future OZ and Japan attempts. Obviously some will be much bigger then others. But we could all enjoy the pictures and maybe even travel with or without our buses to see the local barndoors of the world.

I'm all for that, but the problem with this is our economy is in the slumps and its more expensive for us Yanks to venture across the pond, yet alone transport our rides over there. I typically go across the pond once a year but not this year nor next. 2013 I will, as I want to hit the Hessisch show. And if I can swing it and head over to whatever country is hosting a gathering ???? I'm down like James Brown.

This does take some time to orchestrate. I want this to be well prepared and make as many folks aware of this gathering, whether it be local, national & international. I personally would be super stoked just to see European Barndoor owners out at the show.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RockStock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the pics
i'd better get saving! to keep Brendan company - both there without a bus Smile
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RockStock wrote:
thanks for the pics
i'd better get saving! to keep Brendan company - both there without a bus Smile

Boy, you sure got that one right! That guy has more excuses then the complaint department. REALLY! But it would be cool to see you out here in the "Colonies", and have a picture of all of us but out here. REALLY!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lowdown Dirty Rat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barndoor Mafia wrote:
It's well worth the trip. Aside from this Barndoor Line Up, you will see both cars and stuff you've never seen before. And during the week prior there are TONS of Open Houses fiestas, bbq's, cruises and what!? The list is endless.

If any of you guys do venture out, I will organize a private tour of a private collectionS I know of which will knock your knickers off! REALLY! This guy has TONS of stuff, never brings them out nor has anyone over. I can get a private tour. So that is just another flavor into the mix.

As time gets closer I will help anyone out plan their holiday. So with this said, TIM & SCOTTY!!! You have NO excuses now!!! REALLY Wink

I'm Sold. Seriously sounds like an unforgettable trip.
Like to catch some waves with anyone how's up for it too.
barndoormambo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

..Sure Dougy & the boys would be up for a wave at sometime ; i'm sure not going to Cali without surfing the OTHER side of the Pacific! Wink Very Happy Cool
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lowdown Dirty Rat wrote:
I'm Sold. Seriously sounds like an unforgettable trip. Like to catch some waves with anyone how's up for it too.

Well worth the journey. Lots to see and do here, aside from VW's. And there are always waves out here and the water is NOT freezing ass cold like it is over in the UK. You guys won't be needing a wet suite out this way. That's for sure.

barndoormambo wrote:
..Sure Dougy & the boys would be up for a wave at sometime ; i'm sure not going to Cali without surfing the OTHER side of the Pacific! Wink Very Happy Cool

There are tons of surf spots up and down the So Cali coast. No needfor a wet suite dude! The water is way warmer here.
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was frickin freezing when I was there for the classics.

i wish more people would actually drive their vws rather than just talking about what they have in the garage.

Red Fau Veh wrote:
If you've seen one sunroof swivel seat kombi, you've seen them all! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

j.pickens wrote:

When was this John Dot? This ClassicS was cool up until noon time. OCTO's weather was WAY better!!!

Glad you are coming down next year. Hopefully the Kosher Knee Grow comes too! And the Amish Kid as well.

~ Johnny Pickenez Wink
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barndoor Mafia wrote:
j.pickens wrote:

When was this John Dot? This ClassicS was cool up until noon time. OCTO's weather was WAY better!!!

Glad you are coming down next year. Hopefully the Kosher Knee Grow comes too! And the Amish Kid as well.

~ Johnny Pickenez Wink

I was referring to the water temp and the need for a wetsuit.

i wish more people would actually drive their vws rather than just talking about what they have in the garage.

Red Fau Veh wrote:
If you've seen one sunroof swivel seat kombi, you've seen them all! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

j.pickens wrote:
Barndoor Mafia wrote:
j.pickens wrote:

~ Johnny Pickenez Wink

Oh, sorry. My bad.
A wet suite is needed here in the winter time, not during the summer time??
Plums
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has the date in June been set yet?

God save the Queen, Old split buses & Lambretta's
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plums wrote:
Has the date in June been set yet?

Mate, both OCTO & The ClassicS always fall on the second weekend of June. So the date is Saturday, June 9th, 2012.
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barndoor Mafia wrote:
j.pickens wrote:
Barndoor Mafia wrote:
j.pickens wrote:

~ Johnny Pickenez :wink:

Oh, sorry. My bad.

John, I think that weekend was unusually cold for June. I remember that day, it was freezing. I think Clara was the only one brave enough to swim.
Plums
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

campingbox wrote:
Barndoor Mafia wrote:
j.pickens wrote:
Barndoor Mafia wrote:
j.pickens wrote:

~ Johnny Pickenez Wink

Oh, sorry. My bad.

John, I think that weekend was unusually cold for June. I remember that day, it was freezing. I think Clara was the only one brave enough to swim.

What do you guys call cold though, cause here in England its about 18 degrees and wet Sad

Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plums wrote:
What do you guys call cold though, cause here in England its about 18 degrees and wet Sad

Mate .......... John Dot pickenez is from New Jersey, the water is cold out that way, even in the summer time. (for us So Cal folks). Eh Greg is from the north, Washington. The water up there is FREEZING ass cold!! So for these kids the water can be ok for them. The waters down this was are a lot warmer. I have been in the waters of the UK. YIKES! That is also FREEZING ass cold, but again, for So Cali folks. No need for a wet suit, I can gaurantee you this. If you do need one, I will sort you out with one and chances are you are a spy and not British! REALLY.

Last summer the Duke of Delft was out surfing with Doug the Head and he was the only one in the water without a wet suit and didn't seem to mind. The Duke of Delft is from the Netherlands. FREEZING ass cold water.
barndoormambo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"FREEZING ass cold water."
..that'll be the North Sea, then ; we surf in the very southernmost point where it meets The Channel & its always COLD! Wink Twisted Evil
Plums
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Barndoor Mafia"]
Plums wrote:

.......and chances are you are a spy and not British! REALLY.

A spy I am not, well not that I am aware of Confused 'Hello Mr Bourne when you here my voice....' Shocked Shocked
And I am English........... Very Happy

We are working out plans to get to the show and hopefully with my RHD '54, Wink so we can cruise about Cali............can't wait, I just hope we can pull it all together and make it work Smile

Sean.

limeybish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope to get over for this barndoor gathering ,what are the dates??hopefully get a couple of the pomms and ozzies over from oz .barndoor boys will be back in town .
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plums wrote:
so we can cruise about Cali

really!

Quote:
mannys66: South Philly Van Club, only the most influential and freshest van club in the vw scene
Quote:
Cuņado: Chrome will get you home!!!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Jump to:
Page 5 of 39

Jump to: