Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

john hamill - [email protected] - John's Car Care feedback
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ROCKOROD71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: john hamill - [email protected] - John's Car Care feedba Reply with quote

corniglio wrote:
i was very surprised to see any negative comments on john hamil here..i have made the trip to johns car care in westminster vermont twice in the last few months. john is a gentleman and a pleasure to deal with. his knowledge of volkswagen is vast and it is a pleasure to discuss vw with him. he has treated me very well and his parts are excellent and his pricing is very fair. i have bought several items from him with no regrets. his inventory is amazing and well organized. needless to say, i will continue doing business with him. anyone who is within traveling distance from him would be well served to see first hand what he has and will not leave disappointed.

I second this. Most negative feedback on this thread is from people looking to do E-commerce. John is old school. He remains a great resource to us in New England. Let the rest of the country stay away for all I care! Plenty of big box part houses that wiol ship chinese garbage prompty and kiss your ass on the phone when it breaks.

30 years from now, the next guy may not want your girlfriend, but he may want your classic car, depending on how nice you were to it.

asiab3 wrote:

Careful guys, a petulant child can grow up to be president these days.

**winter drivers: no survivors!**rust warrior**#keepbodyshopsbusy**
diablosandwich
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: john hamill - [email protected] - John's Car Care feedba Reply with quote

Quick communication and I had the part a week after I mailed payment. Thanks Casey
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: john hamill - [email protected] - John's Car Care feedback Reply with quote

Took a great road trip up to John's shop and had a great experience. I got exactly what I needed; floors, wheels, hubcaps, and steering column. All of it was at a very reasonable cost and with great service. Couldn't of had a better time there. I will definitely get more parts from them.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
whojc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: john hamill - [email protected] - John's Car Care feedback Reply with quote

I have been to Johns multiple times. In person John is one of the nicest people I've ever meet. He always has what I need in stock and for a reasonable price. John is an old school guy and it doesn't surprise me people have difficulty dealing with him over the internet or phone. If you can make the trip to him go and meet him, you will have a very pleasant experience.
Yarkle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: john hamill - [email protected] - John's Car Care feedback Reply with quote

I have to side with RoCKOROD and others on this one, John is an old man and its probably best if you do business with him face to face. He told me had had bus doors, whihc he did. I had to go digging for them, and the ones i ended up with he didnt even know that he had (look at my gallery), because it was kind of like finding stuff in the temple at the beginnign of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

He reminds me of the three different VW junkyard when i grew up in Colorado Springs and i had a 74 superbeetle.

All 3 old dudes would be like "Go take a look"

John has so much stuff in such a disorganized fashion (it seems his business is mainly working on other peoples VWs, so the junkyard part is more of a sideshow), i can see how he can get mixed up.

Im sorry to hear some people got ripped off, but in this case i dont think it was malicious or intentional.

I believe its more of a CAVEAT EMPTOR (buyer beware) and you are better off goign there in person and laying hands on the actual product instead of tryign to make a deal over the internet or the phone.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=771024&highlight=
DuncanS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: john hamill - [email protected] - John's Car Care feedback Reply with quote

Avoid John's Car Corner like the plague. Bought a van from him and not as advertised. Cut a deal with him on another program where he would buy my heavily modified (6 wheel, chopped) 181. He took the engine and never paid and I lost the car as a result of his prevarication. Heard lots of other stories too. Good guy to visit and shoot the bull with and oggle his scene, but never--never have any financial dealings with him. I'm out $1700 plus my car.
Typ3nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: john hamill - [email protected] - John's Car Care feedback Reply with quote

Made a purchase with John recently via the internet, definitely old school, Money Order payment was the option, quite a few emails back and forth with minimal response but confirmed the items that were available and a total purchase price was determined. Sent the MO and waited for a response on shipping info (tracking), nothing forth coming but received the items described in a timely fashion and was pleased with the purchased items. Positive purchase, as the quote goes " patients is a virtue".
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: john hamill - [email protected] - John's Car Care feedback Reply with quote

John posted an ad with a dealer badge that was exactly what I needed for my car, I emailed him, sent a USPS money order on the 4th, and the badge arrived today. Fantastic transaction, and like I've said before, he'll get my business again.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
Contradiction
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:47 am    Post subject: Re: john hamill - [email protected] - John's Car Care feedback Reply with quote

As others have said John appears to do business old school.

I sent an email to him inquiring about a part and didn't get a response in a week. Looking to give him one more try before I searched elsewhere I called.

He gave me a quote with shipping and I sent out a Money Order on Wed from NY.

I followed up on Tuesday and he said he got it the day before and that it was shipping out that day.

I got it 3 days later and in time for my show this weekend.

The tail light looked to be NOS as described and I'm satisfied.
Stock Steve
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: john hamill - [email protected] - John's Car Care feedback Reply with quote

Very nice (& very well-deserved) feature about John from within the last day or so, produced by, it appears, his local TV station:

https://www.wcax.com/video/2024/01/19/super-senior-john-hamill/
-----
Ich Bin Ein Facebooker: https://www.facebook.com/steve.fromsaac
-----
Join VVWCA: http://www.vvwca.com/
-----
Your source for old school metal tire valve caps: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1416217
-----
Thanks Veterans
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: