Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

SteelersBus - [email protected] - VW Locks/Keys
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: SteelersBus
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: April 12, 2024
SteelersBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: SteelersBus - [email protected] - VW Locks/Keys Reply with quote

This guy was quite a handful. Okay....my side.

My 279th feedback. I have 3-4 negative feedback. 1.3% negative feedback.

As 98.7% of my feedback will attest, (sorry, I love stats) I am friendly and fast. I strive for that and take pride in that. My customers that deal with me know that and you will see many return customers through my feedback. Not only do I sell on here, I am at east coast VW shows. I strive on good business. Unfortunately, I hit a busy week that kept me from my normal speedy transactions. Including my 13 yr old son going face first into a tree while on a ski trip. Sorry I didn't spill my personal life. Yes, emails may go unanswered a few days if life gets in the way. And if you're with your son with his face the size of a pumpkin, you may ignore a few calls. Especially when you already know it's someone calling about a materialistic item when life is more important. Calling my emergency number numerous times. Never has a Samba customer ever called my business emergency number. He did it multiple times. I own a residential/commercial locksmith business. I have a family including two boys. On top of those, I take care of tons of Samba transactions. I am one man for all of that. I don't have employees. As any seller will tell you, the feedback you receive is a drop in the bucket of the actual transactions you have. Yes, Samba jobs my slow down when more important things in life are going on. Most customers don't freak like this guy did.

Anyhow....some stats from this transaction....the customer paid for his items on Friday, Feb 12th. The package did not ship Monday, Feb 15th because President's day. It shipped Tuesday February 16th and arrived Thursday February 18th. I did inform him that his items would ship that day but did not give a track number because I had yet to ship it. I then did not send the track number. Which in the end, I did apologize for. Sorry it wasn't on my knees begging for forgiveness. Where I wasn't able to respond to your many emails and calls, I sent your items next shipping day.

The customer then did not contact me when he THOUGHT he received the "wrong" item. He came here to release his rant. He ranted about not receiving a OG key. Which has never been part of that ad. He also complained that I run a ad for multiple ignitions. I am almost positive that it's in the listing rules that they'd prefer me to keep the same ad rather than start a new one every time that I sell the same item. Again, sorry.....he don't like something that's been working great for five years.

One major detail he is lying about is that I contacted him after reading this feedback. That is absolutely false. He posted his feedback here and then proceeded to send me a text. Never once had I texted him during this transaction. So there was no texts prior. I can gladly share a screenshot that shows he initiated that text AFTER his feedback. The feedback was 11:13am my time. His text came through at 11:37am He basically ranted the same thing there. I then did reply with one text and said that "it wasn't a freakin OG key". So yes, that was false feedback. Because there wasn't any OG key to be included like he was accusing. He kept ranting. I informed him that he had his say via feedback and that I was not going to argue back n forth. After he sent three more very long texts, I did say, "You are now harassing me. You have your parts. You had your say via feedback. Anything further is harassment and will be treated as such. Thank You."
At that point, yes sir, it was harassment. I responded to him text and told him that I was done. He then kept sending long texts. I did not respond to them. I then replied to tell him it was harassment. So yes, it was a continued harassment. That cell number is for business. Not for him to yell at me because he wasn't happy enough after leaving feedback. The contact with me should have ended at the feedback. He did not contact me for any type of refund or to argue the OG key thing which was false anyhow. I offer refunds in every single ad. And customers do get a refund when they contact me about a wrong item.

Sorry the transaction wasn't what he expected. I respond to all negative feedback. Please do not take it as an open door for a back n forth argument. The transaction is done. He said his half, I said mine.

Thanks, "The Key Guy"
Key all your Locks to one Key.
[email protected]

Granny Grose's Buses 19
May 30 - June 2, 2024
Millmont, PA
https://www.facebook.com/groups/333391253346965/

70 Campmobile, 70 Sedan, 71 SO-69 Westy, & 74 Westy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VirtuallyReal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: SteelersBus - [email protected] - VW Locks/Keys Reply with quote

I believe i am entitled to a reply when someone accuses me things such as false feedback and harassment, so here i go:

First, i have no intentions to make this a personal issue; the feedback i left is based on the facts/experience i had, and on how THIS transaction went. It makes no difference if you have a 99.99% positive feedback, this is about THIS transaction, so stop trying to wrap it on past experiences, as it does not make you innocent on this particular case. i believe that it is the purpose of this part of the forum (feedback), sharing experiences so future customers know if they can rely or not on some vendors, like you.

Again. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME i have to leave a negative feedback, EVER. I've dealt with others, inside and outside of thesamba, an i have had disagreements, but the sellers have always been in a positive, solution-oriented attitude. not this time. Your negative attitude was the root of all the issues on this transaction.

Let me start by saying that my texts where written on CAPS only to contrast with the text you wrote, since i took the time to respond to each and everyone of your arguments/excuses. I copied every phrase you wrote, and then responded in caps, for contrast purposes only. I wasn't yelling. I was only trying to set the record straight in the clearest way possible.

Yes, i did sent you the text about the key being different after i posted the feedback. To be honest , at that point the purpose of the text wasn't to obtain any compensation or resolution, because i already knew all you were going to do was try to justify it, and undermine the fact that THE KEY IS DIFFERENT. The only purpose of the text was letting you know i noticed the key was DIFFERENT from the key on the ad, regardless of being an OG key or a "FREAKING CANADIAN REPOP" as you later said.

I did not posted a false feedback, and this is why:
1-The key i received IS IN FACT DIFFERENT than the key on the ad.
2- I mentioned i was expecting an "OG Key" at least 2 or 3 times on my emails and you never cared to clarify it was not. Of course you probably were too busy, 24/7, for the span of almost 3 weeks that this transaction took, to say something like:

"BTW, the key on the ad is not OG, is just a Canadian repop, which also has stampings, similar to the ones on OG keys."

Im sorry to hear about your kid, believe im not an inconsiderate person. i do not lack empathy either. if you were to know me, you would know that; but i see a pattern here: in some of your other negative feedbacks, i believe you mentioned something about your mom being sick, so it looks to me like every time you can you use your personal life/problems to justify your wrongdoings, and try to make people feel bad about making claims about your service. If you would have mentioned you were in the middle of a family emergency, i can guarantee you i would have shown empathy. Again, im sorry to hear about your kid, but im also ware of the fact that you did have the time during those 3 weeks (since January 30 to this date) to give me a better service, and you choose not to. You seemed to have a negative attitude since the first time i contacted you.

I do love stats too Justin. and again, i will take the time to expose your flat out LIES, one by one, just for the sake of setting the record straight. No harassment, no accusations or personal opinions. just the facts.

1- You wrote this:

"As 98.7% of my feedback will attest, (sorry, I love stats) I am friendly and fast."

Sorry Justin, you weren't either friendly or fast on this one.
Every single time i tried to contact you, it was stressful for me.
Every time i HAD to call you by phone, because at least 3-4 days have passed, and i was still waiting for your email reply (emails are always my first choice of contact), i did it only because i had no other choice. You always sounded in a bad/sad/unfriendly mood.

I called that other number YOU provided on your voicemail about 3 times total, and one of those times your wife even picked it up and took my message, but NOT ONCE you returned my calls. You then sent me a NASTY email asking me to stop calling that number as if that was some sort of trespassing, as if i was some sort of stalker or something. You also said i am the first person to ever call that number... well maybe if you returned at least ONE of my calls i wouldn't have had to call that number either. As a customer, i SHOULD NOT feel bad for trying to have info on an undergoing transaction. This took 3 weeks, it could've been done in 1 week, including shipping time.

2- You also wrote this:
"the customer paid for his items on Friday, Feb 12th. The package did not ship Monday, Feb 15th because President's day. It shipped Tuesday February 16th and arrived Thursday February 18th. I did inform him that his items would ship that day but did not give a track number because I had yet to ship it."

then please explain this email:

On Feb 12, 2016, at 1:04 PM, Justin Baughman <[email protected]> wrote:

Payment received. I will ship items priority mail this Monday. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone
So, as you can see, THAT IS A LIE. He never said anything about shipping on Tuesday but he claimed he did. At the time he sent me that email, he probably wasn't even aware of the fact that he was not going to be able to ship it on monday. He also had the chance to clarify this, because i sent him a message ON TUESDAY asking for the tracking number (since his message on friday said he was gonna ship it on Monday), and he could have said something like " i didn't send the package yesterday because of presidents day, sorry ill ship it today and send you the tracking ASAP", but i simply had no reply. i contacted him again on Thursday, along with this message:

Sent: Thursday, February 18 2016 01:23:29 p.m.
To: Justin Baughman ([email protected])
Hi Justin.
I sent you an email on Tuesday, and I still don't know if you actually sent the package on Monday or not.

I get that you are a busy person, but it's been 3 days, and I believe it is understandable (and fair) that i want to know the status of my order.

This is exactly why i ended up calling several times last week, not by choice, but because you don't reply to my emails or take/return my phone calls.

Regards,

Manuel Tolentino
He THEN sent the tracking number. As you can see, too little, too late.

Still, i was trying to keep my cool... putting up with his bad attitude... being patient... keep in mind that at this point i was already insulted for calling his emergency number... i honestly dont know what more, in terms of patience, can you ask for a customer.

If someone reading this sees something wrong on my side, please let me know. I will appreciate it.

3- You wrote:

"I then did not send the track number. Which in the end, I did apologize for."

THIS IS ANOTHER LIE.

Till this point, this guy has not apologized for anything.
He did sent me this text message, though:

"The only thing I owe you an apology for is because I didn't send track number. I was leaving town for the weekend. Some of you feel I shouldn't have weekends off from samba. Sorry that I have a family and a life. Talk trash on me all you want."

You, dear reader, be the judge, and tell me if that is an actual apology, or rather an excuse, followed by a complaint, about how us members of thesamba expect him to do his work. We all have a life. but that does not give us a license to be irresponsible. Also, sending a tracking number would have taken him no more than 30 seconds. Is not like i was asking him for changing his weekend plans. Again, nothing but excuses.

4- In your text messages, you wrote this:

"You were a customer that wanted everything in two seconds. In five years of business on Samba, you are my first customer ever that called the emergency number. Multiple times. Then you post false feedback. Stay classy."

Not two seconds Justin. Maybe a week and a half would have been acceptable for me. But Three weeks, for something this simple? not a chance.

Also, again with the "sacred", "forbidden" number... Justin, please understand this: if you are not replying to your customers emails, if you are not answering or returning their calls, they will either call any other number you provide/they can get a hold of (best case scenario) or they will simply go away (worst case scenario, at least for you).

Stop trying to make me feel bad for calling a number YOU provided, a number i only had to call not by choice, but because you failed to communicate in a timely fashion.

5- You wrote this:

"He also complained that I run a ad for multiple ignitions. I am almost positive that it's in the listing rules that they'd prefer me to keep the same ad rather than start a new one every time that I sell the same item. Again, sorry.....he don't like something that's been working great for five years."

You can keep the same ad as long as the items depicted ARE THE SAME.
The key on the ad is in fact DIFFERENT than the one i got. The ad even has another picture at the bottom showing the repro keys, but the key on the right side of the switch and the keys on the bottom picture are in fact DIFFERENT. Hence my confusion. If the key depicted with the ignitions LOOKS like OG (has stampings) and the only place were the word "repro" is mentioned on your ad is on the offering of ADDITIONAL KEYS, it is understandable that i assumed that the key that came with the ignition was different (original).

I still believe your ad should clarify that.

I did modified my feedback after you said it is a Canadian repop. Neither of that denies the fact that you could also had multiple chances to clarify this on the emails, because i stated that i was expecting an OG key several times, and you never said nothing about it.

6- You wrote this:

"One major detail he is lying about is that I contacted him after reading this feedback. That is absolutely false. He posted his feedback here and then proceeded to send me a text. Never once had I texted him during this transaction. So there was no texts prior. I can gladly share a screenshot that shows he initiated that text AFTER his feedback. The feedback was 11:13am my time. His text came through at 11:37am"

First, check your argument for coherence, as what im saying is exactly that: you only contacted me AFTER the negative feedback. I never said i let you know about the keys being different before of that, because I KNOW YOU WERE AWARE of that fact. Again, the only reason i sent the text was because i wanted you to know that i NOTICED that the keys were different. I wasn't asking for new keys, but since that was also mentioned on my feedback, and i honestly didnt even know if you were going to read it anytime soon (based on my experience with you so far) but to my surprise, once i sent the negative feedback, then you all of a sudden had time to reply. Go figure.

Ok lets see:

- I posted the feedback at 11:14
- I sent the text at 11:37
- His first reply was at 3:46

On his reply, he quickly stated that he had already read the feedback, posted 4 hours and 32 minutes BEFORE his text message reply. I can post the screenshot if needed.

In that screenshot you could also see another, lees relevant LIE, because contrary of what he just wrote, on february 1st he did sent me a previous text message, so i dont even understand why he is also lying by saying that:

"Never once had I texted him during this transaction. So there was no texts prior."

when that is not even relevant... but well... What i did mentioned was the fact that i only wished for him to have taken the time to reply to at least some of my calls with the same expedience that he responded to the negative feedback; i even mentioned how unfortunate it is that people like him seem to only respond to negative stimulus.

I am sorry too that the transaction wasn't what i expected.
Im sorry to be among the 1.3% of dissatisfied customers; being part of the 98.7% would have been way more pleasant for me.

I expected, to quote yourself, "friendly and fast".
But what i got was 3 weeks full of 3-4 days intervals waiting for a simple reply, having other projects and other people (like Gabriel) on hold, because i needed that ignition switch to be able to move forward on my restoration. What i got was a nasty email basically trashing me for calling a number YOU posted, a number i only called because you FAILED to reply/respond/return all my other attempts to communicate.

I do too respond to all negative comments. Please do not take it as an open door for a back and forth argument. Feedback is based on experience, and this has been my honest experience with you.

The transaction is done. You said your half, I said mine.

The only way i will post any further is if you insist on telling lies and giving false and lame excuses for what have been so far the WORST CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE i have EVER had in my life.

You should strive for a 100% customer satisfaction. That 98.7% does not justify a 1.3% of unhappy customers. If you analyze your negative feedback, you will see the patterns... things you could easily improve upon, if you decide to do so. Having personal issues, being too busy... all that can be understand by your customers, only if you show the right attitude.

Im far from being a bad/conflicting person, i only react when i feel ive been treated unfairly.

I wish you, and your business the best, and hope you can obtain a positive out of this negative experience.

I have nothing personal against you, and as i said on one on my texts, heck, maybe i was just unlucky to caught you at a bad time.

Take care, and hope your kid recovers soon.

Last edited by VirtuallyReal on Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SteelersBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: SteelersBus - [email protected] - VW Locks/Keys Reply with quote

I started to read this guy's reply. Right up to the point that he mentioned me making an excuse for my sick mom.

There's a million things I would like to say to you right now piece of %$!#. I will just say WOW and that my mother passed away June 5. Look it up! Anna Jane Baughman, Altoona PA 16602

WOW!
Key all your Locks to one Key.
[email protected]

Granny Grose's Buses 19
May 30 - June 2, 2024
Millmont, PA
https://www.facebook.com/groups/333391253346965/

70 Campmobile, 70 Sedan, 71 SO-69 Westy, & 74 Westy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VirtuallyReal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: SteelersBus - [email protected] - VW Locks/Keys Reply with quote

Keep insulting me Justin. I did not came up with the mentioning of your personal/family issues as an excuse, YOU DID, to another user (user: auslander, page 5 of this thread), and i read it right here on your feedback thread. Again, im sorry for mentioning your mom, i had no way of knowing she has passed since, and i am truly sorry for bringing that up. My point was that you use your personal life/issues to justify bad service. We are all humans, and if you mention you need a bit more time due to personal, family emergencies, none of this would have happened. I know you have your priorities, but you have to understand that your customers dont have a Crystal ball to know such details, and when you disrespect other people's time and priorities, people will feel bad.

I edited the time stamp on your first text message reply because it said 11:36 when it actually was 3:36 (even worst) but that doesnt undermine the point i was making.

You can keep trying to have the last say on this, i will respectfully reply to any further accusations you try to make.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: SteelersBus - [email protected] - VW Locks/Keys Reply with quote

Very smooth transaction. Justin received my door handles on Friday and shipped them back out to me the next day. Yep, he works Saturdays. I had a complete set of keyed alike door handles with 2 keys, and a spare ignition key in less than 1 week from the day I mailed them.

I will be back.

Thank you Justin.
Rickles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: SteelersBus - [email protected] - VW Locks/Keys Reply with quote

I sent Justin a '67 Engine Lid Lock and the key code numbers to re-key the lock. His price was VERY reasonable and I got the lock back very quickly. The lock is smooth as silk. Thanks, Justin. Very Happy

Rick
Touch Nicks Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: SteelersBus - [email protected] - VW Locks/Keys Reply with quote

Justin re-keyed the locks for my single cab, his prices are stellar and so is his service. Highly recommend.
aroldoaguilar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: SteelersBus - [email protected] - VW Locks/Keys Reply with quote

Thanks Justin for such a great job and awesome customer service.
Rickles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: SteelersBus - [email protected] - VW Locks/Keys Reply with quote

Another great job, thanks, Justin. I sent a '67 NOS door handle to be re-keyed and got it back in record time. To echo others, his work and prices are outstanding.

1967 VW Beetle - Savannah Beige Very Happy
2002 VW GTi - Reflex Silver (Sold) Sad
1966 VW Beetle - Bahama Blue (Sold) Sad
1961 Porsche 356B Roadster - Signal Red (Sold) Brick wall
1966 VW Beetle - Sea Sand (Sold) Sad
South Jersey Volkswagen Club
Central Jersey Volkswagen Society
sperlingerrit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: SteelersBus - [email protected] - VW Locks/Keys Reply with quote

SO incredibly helpful! One of the best guys to work with, answered all my questions and was very patient with me. Will go to him for all my lovking needs no doubt. Thanks for everything man!
prc56euro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: SteelersBus - [email protected] - VW Locks/Keys Reply with quote

I was very satisfied with my transaction with Justin, great communication,
fast, friendly, delivered exactly what I was expecting. The key worked perfectly, I will be a repeat customer!!! Very Happy
TeamSpatula
Samba In The Rain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: SteelersBus - [email protected] - VW Locks/Keys Reply with quote

Repeat customer here - I had a semi-complicated order and he worked with me to get it all put together. Thanks, I'm sure I'll be back down the road with my next project!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Thrasher22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: SteelersBus - [email protected] - VW Locks/Keys Reply with quote

Just had a chance to try out the keys Justin cut for my Bay Window and they worked great. He shipped the order right away after I placed it and communication was great.
oogee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: SteelersBus - [email protected] - VW Locks/Keys Reply with quote

Outstanding service, thank you Justin!

I mailed my locks, they got to him on a Saturday via USPS Priority Mail. Five days later, I got them back in the mail in perfect working order, and matched to the key I included with the shipment. Really appreciate the great work and getting everything back to me so quickly!

I would recommend Justin's lock services to anyone.

Thanks Again,
Brian

Previous:
Type 1: 1956, 62, 69, 71, and another '69
Type 2: 1971, 74, and another '71
H2O: Mk4 Jetta, Mk4 Golf, Mk6 GTI
760side
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: SteelersBus - [email protected] - VW Locks/Keys Reply with quote

I needed 2 doors an ignition and a decklid all keyed to the same key. He wouldnt be able to key all to the same key but Justin did sell me an ignition and decklid lock that could be keyed to the same key as the door handles I sent.

Justin was prompt in his email responses as well as when we talked on the phone. I couldnt be any happier with how the transaction turned out.

Thanks Justin
Charlo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: SteelersBus - [email protected] - VW Locks/Keys Reply with quote

Awesome Service!

Justin provided just as advertised and just as promised.
Very quick turnaround - asked the right questions - fairly priced.
I'm one very happy owner of a '69 Beetle - back to one key, including for my newly acquired deck lid lock.

Thank You, Justin!

Charlo
Southern Oregon
veedub13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: SteelersBus - [email protected] - VW Locks/Keys Reply with quote

Ordered 2 sets of ignition switches + keys. Simply provided the 2 key codes from my door handles and Justin got them both sorted within a couple of days. Shipped them very promptly. Working perfectly on both cars now. Fantastic job thank you Justin!
theacmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:21 am    Post subject: Re: SteelersBus - [email protected] - VW Locks/Keys Reply with quote

Great job cutting my keys. Fast shipping. Justin is the new VW hook up in Tampa.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
hubbingtons
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: SteelersBus - [email protected] - VW Locks/Keys Reply with quote

Justin is fast and efficient in his business. I have bought and sold 12 vanagons in the last few years and every one comes in with only 1-2 keys. I remove the handle and order 4 keys with the code and usually have them at the end of the week. one time he duplicated an old order rather than the new number and quickly corrected the situation. So glad to have a guy out there who can make nice new keys for 30+ old vehicles and rekey door handles when I need to replace them. No one likes having to carry a key for the ignition and a separate key for the doors. Thanks Justin for all your help.
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: SteelersBus - [email protected] - VW Locks/Keys Reply with quote

I’ve bought from Justin quite a few times and have always had great service. I just recently bought a SE key from Justin, and all went perfectly just like every other time. Super fast response, and super fast shipping. Thanks again, Justin!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Jump to:
Page 15 of 18

Jump to: