Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The Cape,MA,or lower NH and Vermont need place to camp
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: The Cape,MA,or lower NH and Vermont need place to camp Reply with quote

You can roll all the way down to Woods Hole and stop at the Yach Clib on the neck off season, can't park on the road but the pArking lot is open for a day. I got stuck there for a week when I detonated a boat engine and limped into harbor under sail, into woods Hole, I will never do that again. Faces of Death ia5 knot tide with rocks everywhere.
bobhill8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: The Cape,MA,or lower NH and Vermont need place to camp Reply with quote

There is pretty limited dispersed camping in the White Mountains, but I learned of a new spot (to me) recently. Elbow Pond Rd, west of Lincoln and Woodstock, Exit 32 off I-93. It is a dirt road that ends at a small pond. I wouldn't recommend it for a long stay, but definitely a place I pop into sometimes when I get to the mountains late and just need a spot to crash for the night before going on to a hike or whatever. It is legal. If you are leaf peeping and need a quick place to crash, it will do the job. You can Google it. There is no cell service in that area at all however.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: