Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Under Van Storage on Passanger Side
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam Bateman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:34 am    Post subject: Under Van Storage on Passanger Side Reply with quote

OK, I have used the search (extensively) but I could not find anyone that had posted about adding a storage compartment under the van on the passenger side. Kind of where the second propane tank would go.
I envision a place to carry dirty/heavy items such as leveling blocks, wheel chocks, and oil drain pan for extended trips.
So.... anyone done this? Is it feasable to make a rack or box for this location?
Any pictures?

Sam Bateman
1986 full Westy
GBA 88West LA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had remebering seeing a post possibly from club 80-90 in the UK about a guy who beefed out a syncro and actually added a storage box in the location you mentioned...think he was a friend of Jed..who posts quite a bit here ..sorry i dont have a direct link
DubNuts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the Side Storage area you were asking about but perhaps a better way to slice Bread. Actually I'm going to attempt this added Storage Compartment soon. Hey it's already dead space that can be greatly Utlized to the Max...

The guy who did this job has a great idea here.. It's Daring, but Great..

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=397722&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

WAgrower
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta love the easy top access to the trans and starter!

My under bench area is taken up with a veg oil tank so this would be a great way to gain some space back!

I also like your Idea of the under van storage opposite the propane tank. I don't see any reason why it would be in the way of anything... Keep the same ground clearance. You have at least 12" from edge of van to the frame rail, and plenty to bolt to. Just make sure to seal any bolt you put through the floor pan!

Go for it and take pics!
buildyourown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's the link

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4...p;start=20
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: