Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Go get the leatherface bus!! (Granger Texas)
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kommercial
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Go get the leatherface bus!! (Granger Texas) Reply with quote

So in the Barndoor forum I was reading the thread regarding a barndoor found in front of an old creepy lookin house. It got me to thinking of some other 'creepy house' buses I have found and also made me think of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre split bus back in 2003 shown for a few seconds abandoned behind Leatherface's house. Anyway I started digging and grabbed some screen shots.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Then I had an idea and I looked up the 2003 TCM house, and it looks like the bus is still back there sittin with the same cars in the movie! Anybody ever go drive out to check that one out? Here is a URL to find the house in Granger Texas..
http://virtualglobetrotting.com/map/texas-chainsaw...service=1#

And a screenshot I took, birds eye view dated 2010....

If you never saw the remake, check out the trailer to see the bus, that's about as much as you see it in the movie
http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi1727725849/

Oh yah, you might be unwelcome, not sure. Take a friend just in case..

Last edited by Kommercial on Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:31 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oarse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mind is blown.
Kelly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice screen shots Laughing

I'd be too creeped out to go there and check out that bus. If it was Jason from Halloween maybe, but Leatherface, no way!

*edit, especially not for a 13 winder Shocked

Eriba Puck Sticky
space junkie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good detective work!
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you watched that entire film and the most memorable thing that stuck in your mind was the bus?, you have the disease as bad as me Shocked
Impressive dectective skills Razz If I lived closer I know what Saturday morning had in store for me Smile

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
sub-hatchtim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

go get it
Kommercial
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

busdaddy wrote:
So you watched that entire film and the most memorable thing that stuck in your mind was the bus?, you have the disease as bad as me Shocked

Well, the Jessica Biel stuff was memorable to me, that's her representing in the screen shot at the top. Very Happy but I thought the remake was great! I hope a Texan is gonna get that bus. I just figured it was a prop they brought in for the movie when I saw it in the movie. On another map service i found a different aerial shot showing another smaller car has been added to that row of cars in the last year or so.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kombisutra
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could totally do that drive out, were it not for the 1500 miles between here and there. Looking at this thread makes my toolbox hurt! Damn it! If someone wants that bus, PM me, if the ducks line up, I'll brave the rattle snakes and do the drive out on it. What a story... I loved that movie! Thanks for posting this.
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tracked down the owners. From what I've read the owners seem pretty standoffish. Property is posted, so it may just sit there and rot away. I got a phone # but no answer yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kombisutra
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one needs to get documented. I'm sure they can be persuaded -the wreck is worth at least a thousand bucks for the novelty. I wouldn't use any reference to the movie, that was a long time ago. Who ever makes contact, I'm crossing my fingers up here. Really hope we can see a complete drive out on it -to include camping there- Shocked Laughing NO TRAILERS! NO TOWING! RESERECT IT THERE!

Leatherface Drive Out!
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess alot of people have been trespassing making the owners mad for years, so this one may be tough to get.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jmsmilin
Samba's Most Posted

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet movie

(o\ ! /o) | o \/ o | (o)=|=(o) [o\|_|_|/o] \m/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
justcruzin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe try dropping a note in their mail box! That way your not trespassing, and not bothering them on the phone. It would be up to them to contact you if they wanted to sell the bus. No contact, don't want to sell!

We did this with a windmill we wanted. They never contacted us, so they didn't want to sell it. It is still there too!

1964 Split Window Bus
1966 Beetle Build Thread= http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=472933
1969 Delivery Van= http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=566282
1970 Westy Build Thread= http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=479538
1971 Squareback Build Thread = http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6652459#6652459
1970 Single Cab, Samson = http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8022609#8022609
jmsmilin
Samba's Most Posted

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stopped by this weekend, there is a mobile home on the property with newer cars nearby that looks occupied to the left, but the big house does not. However, the signs basically say if you enter we will kill you - literally. Due to my job I cant have the cops get called on me. If I didnt have that worry I drive right up to it. As long as you arent trying to get a peek in the house cause youre a die hard fan they might be cool. Either way they should charge for tours or something and make some money, quit being so standoffish. Do it up around Halloween as a premier attraction - haunted house. Let Hollywood film something at my house, Id be trying to make money off it for life.

(o\ ! /o) | o \/ o | (o)=|=(o) [o\|_|_|/o] \m/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
quartermilecamel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imagine having people snoop around your property all the time. You wouldnt know what their intentions were either. #1 reason I put my bug and bus in the garage, because of A holes opening doors examining my vws then getting pissed cause I was irritated. "I was only lookin.......with my fingers.......doin what I pleased with your property" Why are you now angry? Yes, I found one guy sitting in my bug one day. Still had the balls to ask me to sell it cause he just needed a motor. The neighbor learned the hard way as the tow truck was hooking up to one of his friends cars in my driveway from his overflowed party parking situation that he kindy informed his guests to just use my driveway my permission not granted.
Id handle this one with kind notes in the mail box. Hell, even send them christmas cards. Been quite a few scores I've read about where years later, so n so drug this home threads all because they worked it in a nice way. May the best smoozer win this one.
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Go get the leatherface bus!! (Granger Texas) Reply with quote

Kommercial wrote:
So in the Barndoor forum I was reading the thread regarding a barndoor found in front of an old creepy lookin house. It got me to thinking of some other 'creepy house' buses I have found and also made me think of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre split bus back in 2003 shown for a few seconds abandoned behind Leatherface's house. Anyway I started digging and grabbed some screen shots.

Nice view! that chick is HOT!

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
smitty24
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^oh yes, she is! One of my friends in Boulder supposedly had a good guy friend that dated Jessica for years while she was either living in Colorado or attending CU, Im not sure. Lucky man, regardless.

Those 2 movies (TCM and the "Beginnings" prequel) were both actually pretty good. Some of the most gory movies I had seen in a while. This may be one of those buses that no one gets until the current owners either die or lose their jobs! I personally am afraid to go onto anyone's property in Texas without permission. Those folks have guns and know how to use them!
NorCalWeekender
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Semi-related note. The last few episodes of the most recent season of The Walking Dead (shot outside of Atlanta) had a 66-67 Double Cab out on this farm property. Never had a hero shot, but there were times where it was pretty clear in the background. Never saw it mentioned on here.

"Eventually, we sold to a guy for $500 who towed it away to live in it in his parents' driveway. We didn't think it would ever avoid the junk heap on that day." -The 3rd Owner, 1995
tacochris
OG Paint Archeologist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt be scared or turned off one bit on owning and driving this bus....Hell being in the movie is really part of the attraction for me. I hope someone can save it some day.....

"Nothing will ever be as nice as original paint, no matter how much is or isnt left"

"Those that confuse hoodride with the OG paint movement definitely have their wires crossed. Its all about preservation, pulling out its true potential while hoodride is about purposely making something look like a piece of shit." -SKIM
type47fan1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorCalRiviera wrote:
Semi-related note. The last few episodes of the most recent season of The Walking Dead (shot outside of Atlanta) had a 66-67 Double Cab out on this farm property. Never had a hero shot, but there were times where it was pretty clear in the background. Never saw it mentioned on here.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=502216&highlight=walking+dead
My 66 Westy Build
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5825134#5825134
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: