Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

'71 baywindow-anyone sell drum and hub, or complete kit?
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
theizzardking
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:00 am    Post subject: '71 baywindow-anyone sell drum and hub, or complete kit? Reply with quote

ok, this sucks, i'm in europe right now and am coming home in a few days, i only have 4 days to get the work done on the bus before i'm off in the bus on a road trip,

i'm trying to order the parts needed for a rear brake job before i get back gome in the u.s. so i can get the work done as soon as i land, the problem being that no site i've found has had all of the pieces needed for doing the job and i'm not with the bus right now so can't detrimine what i really need and what can wait for a few weeks.

that said, the parts i think i really ned are drum w/ hub , shoes, spring kit, spreaders,backing plates.

i plan on just doing everything so i have a proper base line of when everything was replaced and can start keeping good records on milage and usage and all of tha fun stuff for future repairs.

if you know a site that has all of this stuff that would really help or if you guys think i can really do without some of these things that would be great info as well, as far as i know the brakes in there right now are from 1971, the guy i bought the bus from said he put $500 into the brakes right before i bought it but i don't think i trust him....

another thing should i just wait till i get back and see what i need and just pay way more for over night shipping and such, or should i just order my parts now and have my money tied up into hardware for the bus as opposed to shipping costs....i'm freaking out
lol, thanks for any leads or ideas guys!
Jody '71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad you didn't have all this figured out before you left for Europe. You're better off looking at everything when you get home before you start ordering parts IMO. You might as well consider new soft brake lines as well. CIP is close to you, but not sure what they have for your '71. Best bet is BusDepot in PA or GermanSupply in Toronto.
theizzardking
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jody '71 wrote:
Too bad you didn't have all this figured out before you left for Europe. You're better off looking at everything when you get home before you start ordering parts IMO. You might as well consider new soft brake lines as well. CIP is close to you, but not sure what they have for your '71. Best bet is BusDepot in PA or GermanSupply in Toronto.

yeah i thought i was going to have the time but ended up being here two months longer then expected, so there goes that, haha, such is life though...
thanks for the reply checked both thier sites and both seemed to have a few pieces here and there , and since i've been out of the game for ages i can't seem to remember alot of my suppliers for things like this, since i'm doing all of this now know of any good conversions for the rear brakes?
VAVWFAN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a rear drums for my 69 Westy at Mid America ?? (I think it's mid america motor works); but for my bus,,,,,,they were the only game in town on short notice!

They work!!
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you call bus depot? everything I needed for my 1977 I got there with the exception of backing plates which came from OeVeeDub who had them on sale. He sold to mid-america but I would still think that if you call BusDepot they can get them shipped to you. Normally they will drop ship heavy items out of a warehouse on the west coast to save on time and shipping. We had our rear drum in 2 days normal UPS when we bought some recently.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: