Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Original replica RHD dash, another one!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
greendragon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: Original replica RHD dash, another one! Reply with quote

If I would live in the USA, I would not talk but buy the dashboard and send it to down under ....

So we never get ahead....

I really want it to happen
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GearheadJim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: Original replica RHD dash, another one! Reply with quote

chizucc wrote:
GearheadJim wrote:
galencurrington wrote:
Can sombody please buy this one and just send it to him so he can make a great quality dash for the rest of us.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2020887

I see that dash is listed as a 66-70, it appears to be a wrap around style. What is the difference between a 65 wrap around and a 66-70?

It's not a wraparound.

The photo in the ad with the dash installed appears to be wrap around based on the trim at the top of the door panel. Are you saying 66-70 is not wrap around or saying the dash in that ad is not wrap around?

I have emailed the seller to get their input on that specific piece but I'm also interested in the answer to the general question: what is the difference between 65 and earlier wrap around vs 66-70? Are all 66-70 non-wrap around?

Last edited by GearheadJim on Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
chizucc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: Original replica RHD dash, another one! Reply with quote

GearheadJim wrote:
chizucc wrote:
GearheadJim wrote:
galencurrington wrote:
Can sombody please buy this one and just send it to him so he can make a great quality dash for the rest of us.

I see that dash is listed as a 66-70, it appears to be a wrap around style. What is the difference between a 65 wrap around and a 66-70?

It's not a wraparound.

The photo in the ad with the dash installed appears to be wrap around based on the trim at the top of the door panel. Are you saying 66-70 is not wrap around or saying the dash in that ad is not wrap around?

Correct. The dash in the ad is not a wraparound. I had it in my 64(seen in photo) but once I got the repro wraparound from Herman, I decided to put this on the market.
GearheadJim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: Original replica RHD dash, another one! Reply with quote

chizucc wrote:
GearheadJim wrote:
chizucc wrote:
GearheadJim wrote:
galencurrington wrote:

It's not a wraparound.

Correct. The dash in the ad is not a wraparound. I had it in my 64(seen in photo) but once I got the repro wraparound from Herman, I decided to put this on the market.

Sorry, just noticed you are the seller, disregard my email. That being said, general question still stands: are all post 65's non-wrap around?
chizucc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: Original replica RHD dash, another one! Reply with quote

GearheadJim wrote:
chizucc wrote:
GearheadJim wrote:
chizucc wrote:
GearheadJim wrote:
galencurrington wrote:

It's not a wraparound.

Sorry, just noticed you are the seller, disregard my email. That being said, general question still stands: are all post 65's non-wrap around?

Yes. That is correct.
greendragon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:46 am    Post subject: Re: Original replica RHD dash, another one! Reply with quote

Whatīs the state of things? Are we ever going to get ahead and get a nice correct early LHD dashboard? i want it so badly.
donīt let me beg for it. Wink
What is needed to make a progress? I am ready for anything.
galencurrington
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Original replica RHD dash, another one! Reply with quote

Can someone buy this and send it to him to repop

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2052546
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Original replica RHD dash, another one! Reply with quote

galencurrington wrote:

Working on it. Ratlookvw
57 Panel, 66 highroof panel, 65 Notch, 59 Vert, 61 Vert, 1969 Fridolin, 'Reggie ' 66 RV, 65 Pipe Truck, 65 RHD T-34, 70 dbl slider panel, 1969 Deep sea green sunroof automatic square, the greypoop-on, and a shit load of wheels!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
greendragon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:20 am    Post subject: Re: Original replica RHD dash, another one! Reply with quote

ratlookvw wrote:
galencurrington wrote:

Working on it. Ratlookvw

And did you buy the dashboard? Are we all a step further?
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: Original replica RHD dash, another one! Reply with quote

greendragon wrote:
ratlookvw wrote:
galencurrington wrote:

Working on it. Ratlookvw

Yes. Picking it up this weekend. Also have a mint 66 dash. Need to decide which is best to copy. Chadd
57 Panel, 66 highroof panel, 65 Notch, 59 Vert, 61 Vert, 1969 Fridolin, 'Reggie ' 66 RV, 65 Pipe Truck, 65 RHD T-34, 70 dbl slider panel, 1969 Deep sea green sunroof automatic square, the greypoop-on, and a shit load of wheels!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Original replica RHD dash, another one! Reply with quote

My opinion, I would do the 67-69. Someone with a 66 or 64-65 N could always drill the extra holes.
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 5:14 am    Post subject: Re: Original replica RHD dash, another one! Reply with quote

ratlookvw wrote:
greendragon wrote:
ratlookvw wrote:
galencurrington wrote:

Working on it. Ratlookvw

Yes. Picking it up this weekend. Also have a mint 66 dash. Need to decide which is best to copy. Chadd

Good news, picked up the 69 dash this weekend. Bad news is it had a crack where the dragon dash did in Germany 🇩🇪 on the end of the dash.....
greendragon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Original replica RHD dash, another one! Reply with quote

How bad is it?
Pictures?
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Original replica RHD dash, another one! Reply with quote

Half inch crack. I will try to snap some pics
greendragon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Original replica RHD dash, another one! Reply with quote

and what does 68notch say?

I can only offer my dashboard again as a template. And the damage at the corner is actually only a hairline crack when the detached top material sticks back into position. ist all there an really looks way worse than it is.

I think only 68notch can decide whether one of the dashboards is good enough and whether we move a step forward now ...
paulpooted
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Original replica RHD dash, another one! Reply with quote

greendragon wrote:
and what does 68notch say?

I can only offer my dashboard again as a template. And the damage at the corner is actually only a hairline crack when the detached top material sticks back into position. ist all there an really looks way worse than it is.

I think only 68notch can decide whether one of the dashboards is good enough and whether we move a step forward now ...

Have our dreams of seeing a LHD dash dissolved?
greendragon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:45 am    Post subject: Re: Original replica RHD dash, another one! Reply with quote

I dont know.
I have found a pretty good pigalle dashboard that has only a small crack. but I am still willing to provide my very very good dashboard as a pattern. but the decision is up to 68notch....
DAM Volks Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Original replica RHD dash, another one! Reply with quote

Green I will buy that pigalle dash. I need one for my pigalle square. Dash is unsaveable in mine.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
greendragon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: Original replica RHD dash, another one! Reply with quote

Hello emdejong, I think you misunderstood me. I do not want to sell my pigalle dash. I've been looking for it for a long time. i would provide 68notch my very good early dashboard as a pattern. an than buy one ore too of his fantastic repops.
TransModeV
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Original replica RHD dash, another one! Reply with quote

Just found this post, was wondering the state of things, any further progress?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: