Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Autocraft vs. Klassicfab vs. Wolfsburg West vs. BBT
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
epayne611
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Autocraft vs. Klassicfab vs. Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

BBT is doing the roofs...

https://blog.bbt4vw.com/2017/06/19/breaking-news-product-update-breaking-news/

Now how about that KF apron, any feedback?
55samba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Autocraft vs. Klassicfab vs. Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

Here is a photo of the WW, ISP, EIS apron. The fit is really good.

Here is the nit picking. This will be hard to picture, I cut a slice in each side at the lower seal area, left and right side to take the u-shape out of the rear. I would need to draw a picture but where the deck lids aligns with the apron, the apron is u-shaped. Also, I had to skim the lower portion of the apron to make it look good.

This will sound bad but it was way less work than just about any KF part I have ever used...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
CaLiBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Autocraft vs. Klassicfab vs. Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

epayne611 wrote:
BBT is doing the roofs...

https://blog.bbt4vw.com/2017/06/19/breaking-news-product-update-breaking-news/

Now how about that KF apron, any feedback?

I'm not getting any replies from them. Confused

Has anyone else had any luck? Love to know the cost.
ronjonlasvegas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Autocraft vs. Klassicfab vs. Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

There is another guy on here who has a thread going about needing a roof and here is the last comment he posted.

brokevwguy wrote:
Frederik from BBT just emailed me back. He said " I am currently in discussion with transporting company's to make an appropriate price quote. So you will hear from me soon".

CaLiBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Autocraft vs. Klassicfab vs. Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

ronjonlasvegas wrote:
There is another guy on here who has a thread going about needing a roof and here is the last comment he posted.

brokevwguy wrote:
Frederik from BBT just emailed me back. He said " I am currently in discussion with transporting company's to make an appropriate price quote. So you will hear from me soon".

Thanks Ron! Wink

Now single cab roofs by BBT
ronjonlasvegas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Autocraft vs. Klassicfab vs. Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

CaLiBus wrote:
ronjonlasvegas wrote:

brokevwguy wrote:

Thanks Ron! Wink

Now single cab roofs by BBT

Great, is BBT going to do double cab roofs as well?
brokevwguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: Autocraft vs. Klassicfab vs. Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

Frederick emailed me again and said that unfortunately transport would be very expensive because they do not have a US distributor yet. He is currently working on someone who is willing to ship them by container, which should lower this high transport cost. He will keep me up to date if this option becomes available. The cost of the roof is ( cant make the sign before the number. Looks like a C with = sign through it) 975.00 pounds ($1279.00)and shipping is 1225.00 pounds ($1607.00).

1961 Standard
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
velvetgreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Autocraft vs. Klassicfab vs. Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

the C with a dollar sign through it is a Euro- it is trading right now at about

1 USD =0.855458EUR
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JamesGFK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:46 am    Post subject: Re: Autocraft vs. Klassicfab vs. Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

Schofield's do full roof panel.

http://www.alanhschofield.com/ourparts/prod_611104...7031B.html

perello
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Autocraft vs. Klassicfab vs. Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

thats the one from BBT

seems they press on china...anybody has some feedback?
tanhis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aiko wrote:
splitpile wrote:

Here's a pic of the newest version of the Klassicfab inner frame, correct rod guides now included

Nice!

Just curious... when a new and improved version of a KF part such as this is produced, what happens to the units/stock that are already on the shelves of other KF re-sale vendors? Meaning, does KF switch out the stock of its vendors to avoid two different versions of KF "quality" being circulated or sold at the same time around the country?

I just received my piece for the cargo door inner part.

Few questions.

Why is there this stamping in the panel as my original doors do not have these.

Also the hole for the closure rod was totally off compared to the original.

-73 411 variant all metal custom
-69 typ 2, 9 seater
-89 vanagon camper conversion matkaaja
-08 3.0tdi phaeton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Autocraft vs. Klassicfab vs. Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

You got a bad one.
crowlejo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Autocraft vs. Klassicfab vs. Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

Has anyone recently ordered the front inner valence from WW? Just wondering because the pic doesn't look like the red/black pieces they used to sell.
nlorntson
Crazy VW Lady

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Autocraft vs. Klassicfab vs. Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

I see CIP1 now carries Autocraft panels
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bigjacksauto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:27 am    Post subject: Re: Autocraft vs. Klassicfab vs. Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

Hello, Been reading up on sheet metal, planning on working on My son's beetle starting with inner rear wheel well repair near body mount area. Planning on going with wolfsburg west unless there is something out there now much better. I did not see this part available at cip1 /autocraft so planning on going with wolfsburg west?
1975 Westfalia bus sold
1967 SO 42 Westfalia Bus

(o\_!_/o)
thom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: Autocraft vs. Klassicfab vs. Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

Bigjacksauto wrote:
Planning on going with wolfsburg west unless there is something out there now much better.

First and foremost: I know it seems easier to one-stop-shop for metal, but the sad truth is, the quality from any one vendor will vary from item to item, and even between different examples of the same part. For example, KlassicFab pressed bumpers are nice, while most of the other parts I received from them were no closer to being a VW bus part than the washing machine I scrapped years ago.

You need to find out who makes the best "A" and buy that one, not simply just buy "A" "B" and "C" from the same vendor as a path of least resistance.
1957 23-Window Deluxe
1957 Mercedes Westfalia single cab
1963 Unimog 404
1965 E-Type
Bigjacksauto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: Autocraft vs. Klassicfab vs. Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

thom wrote:
Bigjacksauto wrote:
Planning on going with wolfsburg west unless there is something out there now much better.

First and foremost: I know it seems easier to one-stop-shop for metal, but the sad truth is, the quality from any one vendor will vary from item to item, and even between different examples of the same part. For example, KlassicFab pressed bumpers are nice, while most of the other parts I received from them were no closer to being a VW bus part than the washing machine I scrapped years ago.

You need to find out who makes the best "A" and buy that one, not simply just buy "A" "B" and "C" from the same vendor as a path of least resistance.

That is my real question who currently has the best rear inner fender sheet metal with body mount for a beetle.i know these parts can vary in. Quality through the years from vendor to vendor that's what I am looking for recommendations on?
1975 Westfalia bus sold
1967 SO 42 Westfalia Bus

(o\_!_/o)
thom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Autocraft vs. Klassicfab vs. Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

Bigjacksauto wrote:
thom wrote:
Bigjacksauto wrote:

That is my real question who currently has the best rear inner fender sheet metal with body mount for a beetle.i know these parts can vary in. Quality through the years from vendor to vendor that's what I am looking for recommendations on?

You would probably be better served to ask that in the bug forum, but from my own personal experience I've had good results with http://wolfparts.com/
1957 23-Window Deluxe
1957 Mercedes Westfalia single cab
1963 Unimog 404
1965 E-Type
Bigjacksauto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: Autocraft vs. Klassicfab vs. Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

Thanks, I got so involved in reading all the good info I forgot I
Was in a bus thread
1975 Westfalia bus sold
1967 SO 42 Westfalia Bus

(o\_!_/o)
brothernumberone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: Autocraft vs. Klassicfab vs. Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

I've used panels from Autocraft, Schofields, WW, Justkampers and Klokkerholm.
Imho, Autocraft and WW are the best. Schofields not too far behind. JK are ok, but are never quite the correct profile.
You could get a better panel pressing than klokkerholm do by sitting on them. 😡
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Jump to:
Page 35 of 40

Jump to: