Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

need recommend jets for dual weber ict 34 in 1915cc
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
pablovent
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: need recommend jets for dual weber ict 34 in 1915cc Reply with quote

Hi, i install dual weber ict 34 in my 1915cc with small ported heads 40x35,5 , 9.0 CR and C35 cam.....two questions:
i can used a SVDA dist with this carbs??
and need aprox. jets configuration for better performance!! thanks.
wompninja
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An SVDA works great with the ICT's just hook a vac line to the driver's side carb.
DarthWeber
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: need recommend jets for dual weber ict 34 in 1915cc Reply with quote

pablovent wrote:
Hi, i install dual weber ict 34 in my 1915cc with small ported heads 40x35,5 , 9.0 CR and C35 cam.....two questions:
What happened to your 2187?? You'll need to go up a size on your main jets - unless you are waaaay up in the Andes somewhere. IMO those carbs are a bit too small for that combo, I mean they'll work but 40IDF's would have been better, again JMHO. Very Happy
Swapped the Compufire for a Bosch blue and some points I had sitting around, started 1st crank. Took her out for a drive, pulls harder, more RPM, and runs smoother. I think I'll be sticking with points from now on.

RockCrusher wrote:
JB weld the case halves....that'll keep the fretting to a minimum. Laughing
pablovent
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: need recommend jets for dual weber ict 34 in 1915cc Reply with quote

DarthWeber wrote:
pablovent wrote:
What happened to your 2187?? You'll need to go up a size on your main jets - unless you are waaaay up in the Andes somewhere. IMO those carbs are a bit too small for that combo, I mean they'll work but 40IDF's would have been better, again JMHO. Very Happy

jejeje......i have two engines, 2187cc for my sand buggy and 1915cc for my super beetle cabriolet.....for the 2187cc, my pump jets apparently are too large (70 with valve EX00 ), black smoke...... I'm hoping the new smaller, then comment!!!.
In my country very demanding with the issue of smog, plus my car is in daily use ... so I chose the dual ict 34 .... so the questions for these carburetors, how connect the distributor SVDA???and need recommend jets for better performance??...actually installed 130 fuel, 160 airs, 55 idle ....regards...
pablovent
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wompninja wrote:
An SVDA works great with the ICT's just hook a vac line to the driver's side carb.

thanks but, both ictīs is too much vacuum???.... and balance connection???
ColtonMelson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

everyone please tell me if im wrong, but it seems like with the empi34s you make sure they are in sync and you only run one of the vac ports and plug the other.

1835cc, Scat c35 cam, duel 34s, 1-1/2in merged stinger, Stock Heads, 3rib bus trans, in 2 seat SandRail
uba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ι have a set of empi 34s but i cant seem to find any vac port on them.
Are there 2 different versions? one with a vac port and one without??
wompninja
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pablovent wrote:
wompninja wrote:

Yep both is too much, just do one. If you had 40 or 44 IDF's then you'd for sure want to pull vac off of both carbs but on the ICT's just pull it from the driver's side.
pablovent
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wompninja wrote:
pablovent wrote:
wompninja wrote:

Yep both is too much, just do one. If you had 40 or 44 IDF's then you'd for sure want to pull vac off of both carbs but on the ICT's just pull it from the driver's side.

ok....then...the dual weber ict 34 no need balance connection?
DarthWeber
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pablovent wrote:
...the dual weber ict 34 no need balance connection?
Yes, you need to run a balance tube from manifold to manifold. I don't believe the ICT's have a vacuum port for an SVDA. I'm not sure exactly where you'd drill the carb for ported vacuum like you do with a Kadron. Kads might have been a better choice for your application as you could have bought them with vacuum ports already installed.
Swapped the Compufire for a Bosch blue and some points I had sitting around, started 1st crank. Took her out for a drive, pulls harder, more RPM, and runs smoother. I think I'll be sticking with points from now on.

RockCrusher wrote:
JB weld the case halves....that'll keep the fretting to a minimum. Laughing
pablovent
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarthWeber wrote:
pablovent wrote:
...the dual weber ict 34 no need balance connection?
Yes, you need to run a balance tube from manifold to manifold. I don't believe the ICT's have a vacuum port for an SVDA. I'm not sure exactly where you'd drill the carb for ported vacuum like you do with a Kadron. Kads might have been a better choice for your application as you could have bought them with vacuum ports already installed.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

my weber 34 ictīs have a vacuum port each (white arrow) interior hole superior to butterfly.......the new manifolds havenīt balance ports!!!
josh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My experience is that they drive just as well without the balance tube. But they idle much smoother with a balance tube. Without the balance tube they idle on 2 cylinders.

I actually wonder if idling on 2 cylinders saves gas in city driving. I always wondered why my squareback with ICTs and no balance tubes ran great and got the same fuel economy around town and on the highway. I've never run with and without balance tubes on the same car to test this theory.
...If If stoner A takes a hit and then stoner B goes right away(not waiting two seconds), he's trying to suck on it while it's still got a vaccum, doesen't get much of a hit at all! Cause it hasn't filled back up all the way yet.

Stoner A is cylinders #2/4 B is #1/3 The plugged bowl is the throttle, the bong is the manifold
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: