Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My 60DC build
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
nigel naughton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Unbelievable Reply with quote

I love coming back to see this build time and time again. If ANYONE is feeling frustrated at the little bit of rust or dents on their Bus they should check this build and feel that anything is possible....

Simply Put: This is absolutely amazing. This is the meaning of life!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cage66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aitor11
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mandraks, I really like it, what I like the most are the Fuel Injection and the hydraulic lifters. I have an idea to restore a notchback in the future, and if I can do it Ill put a Mexican FI engine in it for sure!!. The rest of the car is very similar to a 68 beetle with the floors and seats of a superbeetle. Here some of them had an air conditioner unit installed (sadly not this one), and regardless is a little bit underpowered it works amazingly well.

Aitor
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do you like the mexican beetle? i got to drive a brand new one in 98 myself. It rode really good and was very strong.

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
aitor11
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After some time I decided to make the interior myself, I contacted Clara to buy one from her cause the work she does is amazing, but it was going to be too expensive to bring it down here and I have a lot of thing going on right now. At the end I am really happy with the results, it looks quite similar to a standard interior. Thew truck is working better and better everyday with exception of the brake servo, it is new but I think the diaphragm inside is bad, it keep accelerating the engine every time I use the brakes, I will see If I can change it soon.

Aitor

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

My Girlfriend Mexican 98 Beatle and my DC.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
2true
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aitor11 wrote:
Thank you Bill, for sure that I will keep it!!, man I just sold my 63 Bug cause Im moving to the USA (Daytona Beach, FL) to pursue an MBA in January, and I was really thinking about maybe shipping the DC in the future!!. Here old VW buses are not common, we have a lot of brazillian models from Splits to Bay-Splits from the 90s, but not so many german made ones, Its been a great journey and a lot of people is now saving panels and some other DCs here.

Once again, thank you for your words, Im waiting to see yours in action too!!

Aitor

Bring it to Florida. You will love it.
DubStyle
SBS Hit Squad

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BRAVO!!! A ton of hard work paid off. I wish I had the time to rebuild my DC. Thank you for sharing the fruits of your labor and the hard work you put into it.

SBS #1
SBS #1 on FB

"The original & best lowered Split Bus website/club"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aitor11
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!! glad you enjoyed the build!!

Aitor
Culito

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incredible work! Bravo!
johnnypan wrote:
...dont pay no attention to Culito,he's a cornhole..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aitor11
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Bill, for sure that I will keep it!!, man I just sold my 63 Bug cause Im moving to the USA (Daytona Beach, FL) to pursue an MBA in January, and I was really thinking about maybe shipping the DC in the future!!. Here old VW buses are not common, we have a lot of brazillian models from Splits to Bay-Splits from the 90s, but not so many german made ones, Its been a great journey and a lot of people is now saving panels and some other DCs here.

Once again, thank you for your words, Im waiting to see yours in action too!!

Aitor
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man! That DC is your "first" Bus, and you did all that incredible work and effort on it! Keep that DC, no matter what other old VW projects you move on to next. You are very talented!

IMHO the DC is probably the coolest and certainly one of the most popular old Buses to score for your collection. Very cool in VW circles, super practical in daily life, they can haul people AND a load at the same time. And you have a very old one too. Even later model DCs are very cool, but the earliest ones are bitchen! If you ever sell it, you will join the chorous of folks on here that will tell you they have always regreted ever selling their old DCs! Keep up the great work, and we'll be watching for more photos and perhaps a youtube video of your DC in action!

Bill Bowman
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
aitor11
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Bill!! your DC is incredible, Ive been following your thread and I can only say Amazing Work!!!!. Im really enjoying my DC, it is my first bus and I have not driven one before. People take pictures and wave a lot Very Happy even thought I do not have license plates yet and I can only drive it around the block!

Aitor
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incredible work and devotion to that Double-Cab Congratulations on getting to finally drive it! I'm still a few months away from that moment with my '59 DC. You must turn heads everywhere you drive down there!

Way to go!

Bill Bowman
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
aitor11
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys, Ive been driving it and is getting better. Now to work on the rear bumper and interior!.

Aitor
south_island_surf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful work! Inspirational for sure. Thanks for sharing your build.

My '65 single cab project:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=491474
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Hansolo99
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a transformation! GREAT job!! Oh Ya YES you look very happy....
aitor11
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys!, finally after almost three years I was able to drive my DC for the first time at 2 am yesterday night and it was a blast!!! I have to work a little bit more with the carbs and the brakes, but so far so good!. I found a gas tank that I am going to be installing soon, to replace the one that I made that is too small. Next I hope to do something about the interior. I am still missing all the wiper assembly and some parts, but overall I am satisfied with the results. Some pictures below!.

Aitor

I forgot about the differences in the gearbox support, so at the end I had to make my own.

IRS

Calipers and my own disc adapter, the beam is 3 inches narrower so it looks stock ever thought the adapter is half an inch wide

Engine is in, after this picture I had to make some electric connections and details

The new accelerator pedal from WW broke, so I had to fixit in the driveway

And my girl just took this one tonight, Im quite happy as you can see Very Happy

Jacks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cru62 wrote:
I found a pair that I took off of a link pin beam with disc brakes. They are yours if you want them and they will fit, of course! They need to be rebuilt but are still good.
That's a wonderful offer to an enthusiast in a far corner of the world. I really enjoy this type of sharing in the vintage VW community. Well done cru62 Cool
aitor11
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cru62, thank you for the offer, I really appreciate that! The distance center to center is about 3" 3/4, more or less 94mm. From the outside 100mm, that is about 3" 15/16. I do not have the vernier here to measure exactly.

Thank you again!.

Aitor
cru62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aitor11 wrote:

Im missing the calipers, really expensive here so I am looking what to do.

aitor-Could you send me the measurement between the mounting bolt holes for the caliper, center to center? I found a pair that I took off of a link pin beam with disc brakes. They are yours if you want them and they will fit, of course! They need to be rebuilt but are still good.

Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: