Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Long lost pics of Donald 'Mac' Macomber
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Macsvwkid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:47 pm    Post subject: Long lost pics of Donald 'Mac' Macomber Reply with quote

I am posting this in hopes that someone who knew my dad has dome old vw pics hanging around. I am from Acushnet Massachusetts. My dads name is Donald Macomber, everybody called him Mac. He passed away in 1999 from cancer and was a VW mechanic for msny many years. Thid is his daughter Sarah. I had a lot of pictures from our vw show adventures we went on together back in the day. But since have lost them since living in Florida, they were in s storage unit. Anyway I was hoping someone might still have some pics hidden somewhere, if not you cant blame me for trying. I miss him dearly and would like yo find some pics of him again. He belonged to Samba, Neato, and a few others. He always drove either a split bus - forest green in color- pop top with a cow catcher bumper, or a light blue Doormobile camper and had a 68 Empi sportster kit dunebuggy which I now have. Any information or photos or even old stories are welcome. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Thank you.
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I hope someone chimes in here. Loads of luck.
www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Macsvwkid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Smile
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarah,
Long time!
Pm me I'll see what I have.
Mac always called nos parts "Minty Mint"
I remember him looking at your ride then finding a missing or wrong part.
He would'nt say a thing but the next time you saw him he would just hand you the minty mint nos part your were missing.
A true Kind hero in my book Miss him .
Jim
Macsvwkid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jim,
Thank you for responding!
I tried to pm you but it said that new users cant pm within the first day of membership. Ill try to pm in a couple hours. Thanks so much and talk to you soon.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: