Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Karma - Part it forward
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
eornderien
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Karma - Part it forward Reply with quote

Today's item is Replacement Fresh Water Hose.

https://gowesty.com/products/replacement-fresh-water-hose

I have a little over 9ft of this left over. It may not be enough to replace your main run from tank to faucet, but it will certainly allow you to swap out the vent hose and the in tank hose.

Clean up those nasty water hoses!

Will ship via USPS.
eornderien
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Karma - Part it forward Reply with quote

GONE!

Two related items for Saturday:

1. Skylight, bronze, has some scratches and some silicone which I haven't managed to remove.

2. Skylight hinges, these weren't better than my original ones, the squares for the bolts aren't square and they just didn't fit well with my other parts. They are better than nothing, but not better than what I already had.

Will ship via USPS.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by eornderien on Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Karma - Part it forward Reply with quote

PLEASE NOTE:

Every post above this one has been edited / deleted due to age of post.

If you had something posted I removed, feel free to re-list it.

If you listed any of the above items and they are gone, let me or Kam know so we can delete them.

Please, if you give something away, please delete the post or edit it indicating it is gone.
If it beyond the edit time frame, quote your original post and indicate it is gone.

Thanks!

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
leecat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Karma - Part it forward Reply with quote

GONE!

Just used 6 inches of this 3M 08310 bare metal seam sealer - maybe 1 teaspoon's worth. I just CAN'T bring myself to throw out the rest of the tube, and I'm sure it won't keep for years till I need it next (God willing), even vacuum sealed.

Is anyone out there doing their body seams sooner rather than later? I'll ship it for free within North America just to see it not go to waste. Came out of the factory sealed package, used it for 3 minutes, re-inserted the factory cap and vacuum-sealed it. Has one new applicator nozzle in the package, along with the data sheet.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/tes-7000119690?...5mwTblmSnk

You can fudge up your own dual-cylinder caulking gun with some dowel and clamps if you're inventive and don't have one.

Hope it saves someone some $$! Thanks!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
averyo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:40 pm    Post subject: GONE GONE GONE Free Westy Fridge Reply with quote

GONE!

Free for whoever can pick it up first. This was removed from 1990 Westy with only 92k miles. Not sure of working status.

I'm in the north SF Bay, CA. DM me for pickup details. I don't have the room to keep it around, so it may be tossed if no one needs it for parts or refurbishing.
professorplumb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: Karma - Part it forward Reply with quote

GONE!

Dash heater blower fan
Dash heater resistor
Dash heater core
GoWesty clutch rebuild kit

All confirmed good, just replaced with newer ones while I had the dash out. Blower fan bearings squeak occasionally but now that it's out in the open it can be lubed and/or rebuilt.

Free for pickup in Taos, NM until Sept 12, then in Sacramento, CA. Will ship at your expense.

Last edited by professorplumb on Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
brickster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Karma - Part it forward Reply with quote

I'm pulling the rear heater out of our 84 Campmobile. Before I heave the old parts in the trash, I'd like to offer them up to folks in Colorado (or those passing through). I'll ship if you cover the actual cost. Folks willing to take it all have preference over the rest.

Includes the following in good, working condition (pics on request):
- Gowesty rear heater core valve
- Fan unit and plenum
- Cover
- All required screws & hardware
xoo00oox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: Karma - Part it forward Reply with quote

GONE!

FREE! Good pair of cylinder heads from a waterboxer. These can be used on 1.9 or 2.1. They were removed from a good running Vanagon to replace the head gaskets. Some of the studs will need work! Gasket surfaces are not too badly pitted. Pick up only! I will not ship. Going in the dumpster soon!

Rose Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Karma - Part it forward - Blue Foil Circuit plus LED bulbs Reply with quote

----- GONE!! --------
Rosebus is new to this group (as are her two custodians, my proud wife and I). We are located in West Ossipee, NH. Rosebus came to us with a new unopened set of Gowesty instrumet panel LED bulbs (blue) and a dark instrument panel. Installing the new LED bulbs didn't fix the problem so I jumped to a conclusion and ordered/installed a Gowesty printed circuit board replacement kit for the instrument cluster. That also did not fix the problem so I finally chased wires and found a short in the illumination light for the cigarette lighter. Grrrrrr...... The Gowesty kit surely is nice and it's installed, so I will leave it there in the van.

So, available is one stock blue foil circuit board that is problably in excellent condition, but not guaranteed. Rosebus is a 1987 model, so that's the generation the circuit foil is for.

Also available is the set of four Gowesty blue LED instrument panel lights, installed once but never used, so to speak.

I will ship for the cost of shipping but pickup in or near West Ossipee, NH would be less hassle for me. Either way would work, however.

Last edited by Rose Bus on Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
tbone5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Karma - Part it forward Reply with quote

FREE, how can you beat that? Vanagon Spare Clamshell and/or 14" steel spare.

Upgraded to larger rims so these parts are just sitting around. Pick up only. If someone picks these up I'll post that here.
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Karma - Part it forward Reply with quote

GONE!

I have two allen hex front bumper mounting screws.
These are used only on the fiberglass bumpers found on newer model years,

Because of previous front end damage, I couldn't use these and have the bumper sit an equal distant from the body on both sides.

These are hard to come by.

If you need them let me know......

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
tikiman71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Karma - Part it forward Reply with quote

Free Blaupunkt 2-way 3.5" speakers for the stock upper front door location. About 16 years old but still work and provide some added fill, especially when used with some 6.5" lower door speakers. I clipped the mounting tabs and used silicone to mount them to the stock grills (see pic). Free, but shipping would likely be $6-$8. Feel free to pick up if you are in the San Diego area.

Thanks!

90OrlySyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Karma - Part it forward Reply with quote

Free for pickup, or I'll ship if you cover the cost. I'm in Canada (Vancouver) so maybe an issue...

ALL GONE, thanks!!

1. OEM heater core. Previous owner parted out a Syncro so I have a pile of spare parts, I think it's time this one goes to better use. It has a few dings but seems fairly clean.

3. OEM power window & power mirror switches. Same story as #1.

2. OEM rear lap belts. I replaced these with 3-pointers but they appear lightly used.

4. One random dash vent.

Last edited by 90OrlySyncro on Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
VicVan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Karma - Part it forward Reply with quote

PM sent
JPrato
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Karma - Part it forward Reply with quote

GONE

Seats from a 84 Westy, fairly good conditions. Come and get them. No shipping.

Upstate NY, Rochester area.

87 Syncro Tin Top project
84 Westy, 2.5L Subaru power
06 Subaru 2.5 turbo in waiting
46 Cessna 140

Last edited by JPrato on Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
elizer Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: Karma - Part it forward Reply with quote

Pulled off 91 westy.

Decent shape. One panel clip pulled out but looks like you can fit a new one behind the fabric and lay some epoxy on the crack. Requires some adhesive where the fabric is pulling off on the backside.

Would prefer to not ship. Pick up Springfield, Virginia.

pointillist
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Karma - Part it forward Reply with quote

And... Gone!

Free vanagon organizer in Portland, OR, and I can drop it in the mail as well. In perfect shape, I just don't need it!

Social Links

Last edited by pointillist on Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Red Ryder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Karma - Part it forward Reply with quote

GONE!

Received this dash organizer from pointillist but it is designed for an early Vanagon (1980-1984) with a non-padded dash. Ours is padded and not compatible. So it’s going back here looking for a new owner!

“Scarlett” — 1990 Vanagon Carat Wolfsburg Edition
Tornado Red

Last edited by Red Ryder on Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:03 pm; edited 4 times in total
space
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:05 am    Post subject: Re: Karma - Part it forward Reply with quote

Red Ryder wrote:
Received this dash organizer from pointillist but it is designed for an early Vanagon (1980-1984) with a non-padded dash. Ours is padded and not compatible. So it’s going back here looking for a new owner!

pm sent
Rear discs
xoo00oox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Karma - Part it forward Reply with quote

Cleaning up shop and trying to make room for other things! I am tossing lots and lots and lots of 1.8t parts. If you need something 1.8t and I have it, I'll probably give it away some MK4 stuff and B5 Passat too! a few complete engines! I will not ship! Things are going in the dumpster very soon!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: