Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Westy ventures - Karl Mullendore
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:57 pm    Post subject: Westy ventures - Karl Mullendore Reply with quote

Just bought a NOS recovery tank from Karl. Exactly as advertised and shipped like a Pro.
I would not hesitate to buy from him again. An OE part at Chinese prices ,Hip Hip hooray .
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
turbotransporter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6 out of 5 stars for Karl and Westy Ventures. He responded quickly to a minor issue with my Propex furnace, provided the tech support I needed to make the repair myself and stayed in touch until the issue was resolved.

I will buy from Westy Ventures again and I would highly recommend to others.
MacFhearguis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently bought a starter adapter from Karl, and couldnt be more pleased with the product, or his communication.
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Mud flaps Reply with quote

My second and probably not my last purchase from Karl . Item is as described , packed well and delivered quicker than anticipated or wanted.
This guy is top shelf in my book . A credit to Samba . The 4 mudflaps are what my camper needed .

Stacy
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
6qkazo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The WestyVentures website says the auto-version starter adapter "has been shown to be a good fit for the earlier Bus or Beelte manual transmission." I confirmed with Karl via email that the auto-version starter adaptor he sells would allow me to use a Bosch SR0408X starter on a beetle/bus transmission that is currently using a Bosch SR17X starter. It did not. I explained this to him, and I was told, "There must be a significant difference in the flywheel diameter or gear shape from that used on later buses and vans for it to not work." I mailed it back to him at my expense and got most of my purchase price refunded (minus $6 for the shipping he originally paid). Five months later, the WestyVentures website still shows the same sentence about it being compatible with earlier bugs and buses.
westyventures
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6qkazo wrote:
The WestyVentures website says the auto-version starter adapter "has been shown to be a good fit for the earlier Bus or Beelte manual transmission." I confirmed with Karl via email that the auto-version starter adaptor he sells would allow me to use a Bosch SR0408X starter on a beetle/bus transmission that is currently using a Bosch SR17X starter. It did not. I explained this to him, and I was told, "There must be a significant difference in the flywheel diameter or gear shape from that used on later buses and vans for it to not work." I mailed it back to him at my expense and got most of my purchase price refunded (minus $6 for the shipping he originally paid). Five months later, the WestyVentures website still shows the same sentence about it being compatible with earlier bugs and buses.

Correct, because it is still being used by many and proven to work. Perhaps your application was a 6-volt or something that used a different diameter flywheel. Given that I don't have any air-cooled transmissions at all in my fleet, I can only rely on info my customers report as to what works and what doesn't.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: