Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wagen Folks in West Virginia
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
MTN BUG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We would like to have all interested vw owners in the area gather and make the trip up through Hawks Nest and arrive at the car show during Bridge Day. Then all who are interest can catch a ride on a shuttle bus down to the bridge. Should be a fun trip. It would be nice to stop at Kanawha Falls on the way up for a photo shoot.
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bridge Day Cruise

The event is scheduled for Saturday, 10-15-11. The car show is at the Quality Inn along US 19 and starts at 10 AM.

http://www.officialbridgeday.com/events

An initial idea is to leave a Charleston meeting spot about 7:30 AM, run I-64 to the Marmet exit just East of Charleston and follow Route 60 East through Ceder Grove, Kanawha Falls, Gualley Bridge, Hawks Nest, Anstead to Hico where we can pick up US 19 South across the bridge (If the bridge is open) and to the car show by around 10 AM.

If the bridge is closed for Home Land Security reasons, the route would alter on Route 60 at Chimney Corner and take Route 16 through Cotton Hill and into Fayetteville, then right onto Route 19 South to the car show.

Everyone is gifted. Some just do not open the package.

Looks like it was painted with a live chicken,polished with a brick and buffed with a pine cone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
onaXR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joescoolcustoms wrote:
onaXR wrote:
Ill be there.

Great!

Bring that '70 Baja if you can! Looking forward to meeting you.

You bet ill be bringing it.
Rometsch2880
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say we get as many as we can and turn that domestic show into a VW show. Haha
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rometsch2880
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joescoolcustoms wrote:
The Bridge Day Cruise

The event is scheduled for Saturday, 10-15-11. The car show is at the Quality Inn along US 19 and starts at 10 AM.

An initial idea is to leave a Charleston meeting spot about 7:30 AM, run I-64 to the Marmet exit just East of Charleston and follow Route 60 East through Ceder Grove, Kanawha Falls, Gualley Bridge, Hawks Nest, Anstead to Hico where we can pick up US 19 South across the bridge (If the bridge is open) and to the car show by around 10 AM.

If the bridge is closed for Home Land Security reasons, the route would alter on Route 60 at Chimney Corner and take Route 16 through Cotton Hill and
into Fayetteville, then right onto Route 19 South to the car show.

I was trying to think of a meeting spot and the Anchor Pizza seems like a good place. It's right off of Rt 60 on the midland trail and Bill probably wouldn't mind since he is a VW fan. Besides, I don't believe they serve breakfast pizza there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MTN BUG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joescoolcustoms wrote:
The Bridge Day Cruise

If the bridge is closed for Home Land Security reasons, the route would alter on Route 60 at Chimney Corner and take Route 16 through Cotton Hill and into Fayetteville, then right onto Route 19 South to the car show.

I think in recent years they have started closing the bridge to all traffic (both sides). So we will need to take the detour to get to Summersville.

http://www.officialbridgeday.com/parking
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darlene came up with some cool names.

We need to find out if the word "Volkswagen" or "VW" are trade marked from VW so we do not enfringe on nameing the club. I have read the VW has gotten "pissy" over their name before.

Keith, I will be by your way tomorrow, Wednesday afternoon and will drop off that bus nose cone and hockey stick on your front porch.

Looks like it was painted with a live chicken,polished with a brick and buffed with a pine cone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mlhsquared
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joescoolcustoms wrote:
We need to find out if the word "Volkswagen" or "VW" are trade marked from VW so we do not enfringe on nameing the club. I have read the VW has gotten "pissy" over their name before.

Hey Joe, here ya go:

http://vwtrademarks.com/vw.aspx?file=vwlicense.htm

We didn't have much luck with them. They are very pissy.

Best of luck with your club. Keep it free and fun. Money (dues) usually ruins everything.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
247vws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe, exciting stuff.

I have a roster from the old WV VW show with contact info from all over the state. I have talked with a bunch of VW guys up here in Parkersburg and up into Wheeling about creating a new VW club.
There is a ton of interest up here.

I will say there is also the concern that like the old WVVW club, everything will be planned and centered around southern WV.

It would be awesome if the monthly meeting place was central to as many people as possible. I can email out info to the list I have but, 1 day notice is not going to provide much.

Unfortunately I work till 8pm every Friday night.
I wish I would have read your message earlier!

So I can't be at the meeting but, would be MORE than happy to work with the club to help promote it online, maintain membership roster, whatever you guys need.
1966 VW Beetle "Rose"
1974 VW Beetle "SunBug"

The best FORUM for dune buggy information worldwide is.... www.dunebuggyarchives.com
http://www.dunebuggyarchives.com/forum/forum_show.pl
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
247vws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea a couple of us kicked around about avoiding the VW Volkswagen lawsuits, was to use Vee Dubs in the club name.

Like WV Vee Dubs

WVVDC .... West Virginia Vee Dub Club

WvVDO ... West Virginia Vee Dub Owners

OwVwO ...Ohio & West Virginia Wagen Owners

1966 VW Beetle "Rose"
1974 VW Beetle "SunBug"

The best FORUM for dune buggy information worldwide is.... www.dunebuggyarchives.com
http://www.dunebuggyarchives.com/forum/forum_show.pl
realmechanic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject: vw club Reply with quote

Sounds good I will pass the word.
karu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will also try to be there. Exciting to meet with some of you!!!!!
Upali
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting some great response on this site and on facebook!

Mike, thanks for that link on using anything associated with VW. After reading it, I kinda feel awkward even typing the two letters together. I think we should shy away from using any of the restricted words in the clubs name. Keep it simple.

I have heard several real good names mentioned that do not have VW or Volkwagen in them. That is what the meeting next week is for, to name the club and get some contact information.

John, thanks for the offering of help! It is indeed appriciated. If you could pass this link around to as many people as possible so at least they could have input we can carry into the meeting with like name suggestions, events, meeting locations.

My thoughts are to keep it free like the Eastern Panhandle club, Pan Airs. Their club is getting some age on it and still going strong. Only money involved would be for Tee Shirts and club decals, simple.

Also, the people in the Huntington and Charleston area like to drive their VW's. I had an initial thought of having a monthly get together in different cities. Huntington, Beckley, Clarksburg, Parkersburg, Charleston. Attendance is optional. Not a formal meeting, but a gathering. Maybe a single show per year that would be more formal.

Post up your thoughts!

9-16-11 will help get it kicked off!

onaXR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A local swap meet would be great too, even if it is a yearly thing.
I am off to send you a friend request on fb.
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The facebook page for the event is titled "A West Virginia VW Club".

Anyone can access it on facebook. Check it out!

MTN BUG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe,

How many interested people do we have so far? Hope to get as many as possible.
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have 12 showing they are attending on facebook, which Zac has comented on this thread.

So, maybe about 20 people Friday of next week.

Still up in the air about going to Larry's Off Road BugJam tomorrow. I could use the time to work on the Thing top frame or the white baja. Anyone else decided to go or not?

MTN BUG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I'll be working on the dd panel all day.
Rometsch2880
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe, I heard that Larry's show isn't very big. I'm more interested in the Cincy show later this month. There is a show in Nitro I may go to in the morning. They're expecting over 200 cars.
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David and I are heading to Vic's in the AM to get some parts and drop off and some machine work tomorrow. I need a few small parts for the White Baja and David is going to get a crank, rods and the case cut.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Jump to:
Page 2 of 62

Jump to: