Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wagen Folks in West Virginia
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bugtony
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: Wagen Folks in West Virginia Reply with quote

Thanks Joe
I think I'm going to use low back bug seats and it will be a street buggy so I'll use the factory ones THanks again. I'm parting out a 71 super and have some body parts for a 73 bug. I'm using the 73 frame for the buggy. If you need anything off them just let me know.
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Wagen Folks in West Virginia Reply with quote

Tony, depends on a few things.
What seats are you going to use? If they are VW, you will need the original style pans.
How are your fab skills? A flat floor requires a fair level of ability to fabricate and keep everything straight and strong.
What is your Budget? If it is tight, the original style pans are the cheapest way to go, and most likely quickest to install.
What are you going to do with the buggy? If you are going to off road it, a flat floor is a little better and a 2 X 2 boxed tubing for a side rail adds a lot of strength.

Everyone is gifted. Some just do not open the package.

Looks like it was painted with a live chicken,polished with a brick and buffed with a pine cone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
2bugtony
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Wagen Folks in West Virginia Reply with quote

Joe
Got a question. I'm got the body off this 73 bug that i'm using for the buggy. It need pans before I put the buggy tube on. What is best. Regular replacement pans or flat steel. Thanks
2bugtony
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: Wagen Folks in West Virginia Reply with quote

Hi Joe
Im getting started on my buggy. thanks again for coming down and looking at it and tell me what I needed. It will take me a while to get it going with the way I work but I hope to have it driving by fall. If you need any parts I have just let me know. I have a 69 bay here to that i will let some part go off of.
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Wagen Folks in West Virginia Reply with quote

We are till out here, just scattered.

I am also using a SB chassis on one of my builds later this year. New frame head and go.

Looks like it was painted with a live chicken,polished with a brick and buffed with a pine cone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
2bugtony
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Wagen Folks in West Virginia Reply with quote

Hello all
Don't know if any of you are still out there but I,m taking a 73 std beetle apart to get the pan to make a dune buggy. I have the 73 body to get rid of if anybody needs any thing off of it let me know. Finders are there not great and all the glass, hood and trunk lid.
I'm looking for a set of Miata front seats.
I have a 71 super beetle here I would part out too.
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Wagen Folks in West Virginia Reply with quote

I sent you a PM Tony

2bugtony
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Wagen Folks in West Virginia Reply with quote

Hello Joe
Im home now and will be here all this week and weekend in if you want to take a look at this buggy. I can bring it to your house if that would be better for you. I have it on the trailer now. Let me know what ever is easier for you. I can do it anytime. Thank. Tony
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Wagen Folks in West Virginia Reply with quote

2bugtony wrote:
Joe
I would like for you to come by and tell me what I got. I'm out of town in Anchorage Ak working now but will be home the middle of sept. I'll get ahold of you then.
I have a 73 pan to put it on but i don't if I have to cut the pan down or not. Im sure you can tell me more about it.
Thanks

Sounds good.

I will be driving my buggy to Manx In The Middle over the 9-8-16 through 9-11-16 weekend.
And to the VW Porsche Reunion on 9-25-16. But other than those days, should be able to swing by and meet you.

2bugtony
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Wagen Folks in West Virginia Reply with quote

Joe
I would like for you to come by and tell me what I got. I'm out of town in Anchorage Ak working now but will be home the middle of sept. I'll get ahold of you then.
I have a 73 pan to put it on but i don't if I have to cut the pan down or not. Im sure you can tell me more about it.
Thanks
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Wagen Folks in West Virginia Reply with quote

Tony, it has the potential of being a Meyers product.

I could come buy and take a good look at it and get you a better opinion of it if you like.

I am in the NC OBX this weekend with my buggy, but will be home all next week.

2bugtony
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Wagen Folks in West Virginia Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Joe I picked this up the other day. Not sure what it is. Does it look like a Manx. I know that you would know[/img]
Rometsch2880
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: Wagen Folks in West Virginia Reply with quote

2bugtony wrote:
Anybody know if Keiths auto got hit by the flood. I hope they are all all right

I haven't heard, I've tried calling up there but, obviously no answer. I've heard that the shop looked ok, but I don't know for certain. I'd guess water got into the basement.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
2bugtony
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: Wagen Folks in West Virginia Reply with quote

Anybody know if Keiths auto got hit by the flood. I hope they are all all right
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: Wagen Folks in West Virginia Reply with quote

Still around, it just has gravitated to FaceBook. Which sucks because after a few days the comments can be lost.

Haven't gotten together for a while, everyone has been busy in life. But look for something cool once the sun comes out and the grass looks green again.

2bugtony
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: Wagen Folks in West Virginia Reply with quote

Any of you guys still around?
I haven't heard anything form you guys in a long time. Are you still getting together every month?
2bugtony
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't do face book ether. I price on the fastback is 3500 if anyone is interested the can tex me and I'll send pics.304 531 7617
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't see many post from you guys any more. Where did you go?

We are still here, just most like the Facebook page better. I do not much care for the "hit and Run" of Facebook, but, if that is where the action is.

Post up a picture or two of the fastback and your asking price.

2bugtony
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello All
Back off the ship and just wanted to let you guys know I was selling my 68 fastback. If any of you guys are interested let me know. I've got it sold to a guy in GA but wanted to give the local vw guys a chance First. It will sell to the GA guy the 1st of March.
I don't see many post from you guys any more. Where did you go?
JOHN D
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:09 pm    Post subject: Disc brake spindles Reply with quote

Hey all,

Looking for a set of disc brake spindles for a ball joint front end - if you know of any - please let me know.

Thanks,

John Laughing
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 62

Jump to: