Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Been a few years...
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: Been a few years... Reply with quote

I'ts been awhile (maybe two years) since I've last posted here. I don't see some of the usual member names I was used to. I see that mightyart is no longer the moderator. Hope all is well with him and his wife and son.

My 84 is still running fine; brought it back to Germany and have it parked at a friends house when I'm back in the states. Seems to enjoy it's home here in the Munich area more so then in Texas. More areas to camp out in and enjoy it's reason for being a westy!

Looks like much of the same topics are revisited here.

Past VW drives: 1967 Beetle, 1973 Beetle, 1977 Bus, 1971 Military Type 181
VisPacem
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Been a few years... Reply with quote

bucko wrote:
I'ts been awhile (maybe two years) since I've last posted here. I don't see some of the usual member names I was used to. I see that mightyart is no longer the moderator. Hope all is well with him and his wife and son.

My 84 is still running fine; brought it back to Germany and have it parked at a friends house when I'm back in the states. Seems to enjoy it's home here in the Munich area more so then in Texas. More areas to camp out in and enjoy it's reason for being a westy!

Welcome back pilgrim

Post some pics, I recall that the countryside is marvelous, along the Moselle (good wine) and around Bitburg and Wiesbaden.

No Regrets (Nothing to do with Vanagons)
0to60in6min
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember you Bucko.. specially your avatar.. Very Happy

welcome back
lovedavdubs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Bucko. I also remember you! Laughing I'm no longer the owner of my happy little air-cooled Westy but I pop in to say hello every now and then.
photogdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many of the old guard are still kicking around. I've been here a long time now but I still ask more questions than I can answer!
I've seen this forum morph from mostly air cooled, somewhat-beater-type vans to slicker, newer westys and syncros but it's still lots of fun and there's always great topics about camping and random adventures!

My Westy Movies:
photogdave On Vimeo
photogdave On YouTube

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
r39o
Samba Polizei

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:54 am    Post subject: Re: Been a few years... Reply with quote

bucko wrote:
I'ts been awhile

Welcome Back Kotter!

bucko wrote:
Hope all is well with him and his wife and son.

That is another story....

bucko wrote:

I frequently direct to the FAQ, but it is horse and water thing. See my sig. below.

FYI: Some users have chnged screen names. Maybe I should b be the new Mighty Art?

1990 Multivan EJ 22, Rancho trans 0.82 4th, Small Car front AC, CLKs w/ 215/65-16, homemade big brakes 303mm, Konis, Recaros, etc....

Click to see my ads for Cup holders, Subaru clutch fix and CLK wheels (no wheels currently)
RCB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A BIG shout out to both Dub's and Bucko. Glad to hear from both of you again. Hope all's well in yer world. My 82 air-cooled (Madam Helga) is still runnin' strong....she's a tough ol' gal. Best to both of you. I've been compterless for awhile..my Dell crapped out on me but my new HP is up and running. I browsed the latest of topics since my re-arrival, but I haven't seen any recent postings from 10cent....maybe hes finally taking some well deserved time off and will holler at us soon. Very best to all in the VW crowd. Exclamation
fsf1o1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back mate
vela123321
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Bucko-

I'm a new Westy owner, as of one year ago. My wife and I lived south of Munich, in Kochel, for a year. She is from Munich, and I had the opportunity to do a job share. It's great seeing all of the VW's there! We rented a new VW camper and went on break to Bibione, Italy.

I looked at buying an older van for our summer trips over there, but they don't make it easy. I was told I wouldn't be able to drive into the city centers without having the green emissions sticker... unless it qualified by being 30+ years old. So maybe next year I'll look for that, instead of the '87 and newer I was looking for. http://www.dutchcampervans.com/ Anyway, not sure if I can justify another van for a couple of months a year. What extra money I can round up I put in my van here in San Diego.

I agree.... lots of great places to go camping over there... and great beer!
Cheers!

1987 Westfalia Vanagon 2.1 automatic
2014 VW TDi Jetta Sportwagen (Dieselgate)
2016 BMW 328i

1967 Bug... given to a friend
others not VW... Toyota, Audi, Volvo, Datsun, International Harvester
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: