Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Vanagon is running well - Transporterfest
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
chojinchef
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:27 am    Post subject: Vanagon is running well - Transporterfest Reply with quote

Of course the S420 needs control arm bushings. Special tool at cost of $185 is needed to do the job, or I can take to dealership and have them whack me close to a grand for the job. Hope I can borrow the spring compressor or that will be another $200. Guess I could use for vans in future if I had to buy.

Guess the only work being done on the Thingamajigger prior to Transporterfest will be cleaning and an oil change.

Anyone meeting up night prior for a beer or four?

LP
Its a mistress; an expensive, whiney, needy bitch of a mistress. She is a chunky, dirty girl with bad skin, little motivation and yet she always makes me smile. She sure has been around before shacking up with me. She has a direct line to my wallet, plays with my emotions, is consistantly jovial yet with a sarcastic and sardonic side, is consistant in her inconsistancy, and every once in a while gives me a great ride and a fantastic memory.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vanagonjr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a camp-out at the Peace Abbey the night before- see the events threads for the Transporterfest posting. Two threads that were started here giving the link to that posting were deleted Confused

The NH cruise people will be there as well.

John
chojinchef
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vanagonjr wrote:
There's a camp-out at the Peace Abbey the night before- see the events threads for the Transporterfest posting. Two threads that were started here giving the link to that posting were deleted Confused

The NH cruise people will be there as well.

John

I did see that. Nice thought but I may feel hypocritical being there when its my job to cook as many animals as I can and they try to save as many as they can.
Its a mistress; an expensive, whiney, needy bitch of a mistress. She is a chunky, dirty girl with bad skin, little motivation and yet she always makes me smile. She sure has been around before shacking up with me. She has a direct line to my wallet, plays with my emotions, is consistantly jovial yet with a sarcastic and sardonic side, is consistant in her inconsistancy, and every once in a while gives me a great ride and a fantastic memory.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
xoo00oox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to try to make it this year. May camp over Sat night if its not too cold.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vanagonjr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chojinchef wrote:
[ Nice thought but I may feel hypocritical being there when its my job to cook as many animals as I can and they try to save as many as they can.

Hey, I wouldn't sweat it. There are vegetarian/vegan pamphlets and signs here and there; we ate a veggie (pasta -salad - garlic bread - Mmmm) meal - but no one will try and convert you. I mean, I would not show up with a roast, but we raise meat birds, just didn't mention that night. No need to be rude.

John
BillM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am meeting my buddy Jamie in the a.m. near I95 where it crosses from RI into MA. I would love to camp the night but with work its not possible. If anyone wants to caravan with us we can meet up anywhere along I95 from Mystic,CT to RI/MA line. Send me a message and I'll give you my cell number. It's always fun to travel in groups.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
thewalrus
Big Jack

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See everyone there!
60vwnewengland wrote:
Looking forward to next weekend, weed, krunk juice, hookers, blow, hanging with bums, philly, ...the awards!
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Timwhy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chojinchef wrote:

its my job to cook as many animals as I can

Can I get a Burger?
'91 Tin Top
'90 Cabby
What the Westy wants the Westy GETS

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_search.php?search_author=Timwhy&show_results=summary

http://www.youtube.com/user/TIMWHY2?feature=mhee
vanagonjr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be cool to hook up with people - any ideas on how we can ID ourselves to each other? I think I have TimWhy's van down, but others not so sure.

John
86 Gold (Savanna beige) Westfalia "Weekender" MA plates. VW pie plate hubcaps on black steel wheels.

I'll try to remember to put the large fabric Gumby in the back seat, but I am usually walking around and not with the van. If you ask Stan, the event leader, he can point you to me, or BillM.
chojinchef
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My avatar is a sticker on my van.
Timwhy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

White Westy.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Front Plate

Rear Plate

'91 Tin Top
'90 Cabby

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_search.php?search_author=Timwhy&show_results=summary

BillM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love custom plates like Timwhy has but they are just two expensive in CT now. If anyone going to t-Fest has a late model parts van I am looking for a set of the seals that go between the front door and lower a-pillar. I could also use a set of rear windows with the plastic vents. Let me know if you got them to sell. I thought I had these parts already secured but the "seller" has been unreachable now that they got my money. I ended up with the seal for the pass side and the metal bracket for the drivers. Both NOS but useless by themselves....
xoo00oox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillM wrote:
I love custom plates like Timwhy has but they are just two expensive in CT now. If anyone going to t-Fest has a late model parts van I am looking for a set of the seals that go between the front door and lower a-pillar. I could also use a set of rear windows with the plastic vents. Let me know if you got them to sell. I thought I had these parts already secured but the "seller" has been unreachable now that they got my money. I ended up with the seal for the pass side and the metal bracket for the drivers. Both NOS but useless by themselves....

I think I have these parts. I can check on tuesday.
BillM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be great if you do. Thanks.
Timwhy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea about asking for parts, Bill! Anyone have an unwanted Gray Dometic fridge door
that they would like to bring and part with? The PO cut the top off of mine and I don't care for
the look of it.
'91 Tin Top
'90 Cabby

BillM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timwhy I MAY have one I'll look this afternoon. I think I was going to use it for a door on the rear cabinet,but it's been so long since I had that plan I can't even recall if I still have the parts. I'll message u either way.
chojinchef
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know its a huge undertaking, but anyone coming have a decent rear hatch the are willing to part with? Mine is damaged beyond my willingness to repair.

If anyone is looking for a dometic fridge, they are welcome to it for free. Worked when plugged in, didnt have a propane tank inztalled to try that. Same as with a non westy slider door glass. Looking to clean out garage. Rather it go to a 'Sambanite' for free than deal with CL. The spam I have received from a few Harley parts this week makes me want to avoid CL for selling anything.
Timwhy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillM wrote:
Timwhy I MAY have one I'll look this afternoon. I think I was going to use it for a door on the rear cabinet,but it's been so long since I had that plan I can't even recall if I still have the parts. I'll message u either way.

That would be terrific Bill, let me know.............Thanks!
'91 Tin Top
'90 Cabby

Salem7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of parts! I am bringing along a couple of boxes of parts from my long departed Karmann Ghia project. A pair of new spring over shocks, new fuel sender, 7 dog dish VW hub caps, gaskets, headlight buckets. Some air cooled stuff. Much more. I'll give them to someone who can use them, but will take $ to help out with fuel, if anyone feels so inclined. Too much hassle to list, sell and ship.

I will be at the Peace Abbey and Transporterfest.

'82 Aswan Brown Westy.NY historic plates, HX-50206

1995 Eurovan Camper
vanagonjr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a friend with a Ghia who may be interested. He might go to T-fest even though his Vanagon is long gone.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: