Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Vanagon is running well - Transporterfest
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Salem7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

180 degree opposite here- No Ghia, now a Westy, I am much happier.

I will be around at Transporterfest.

1995 Eurovan Camper
BillM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timwhy I found the door and it's in good shape. We can work out the details through private message.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
edgood1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon is running well - Transporterfest Reply with quote

chojinchef wrote:
Of course the S420 needs control arm bushings. Special tool at cost of $185 is needed to do the job, or I can take to dealership and have them whack me close to a grand for the job. Hope I can borrow the spring compressor or that will be another $200. Guess I could use for vans in future if I had to buy.

Guess the only work being done on the Thingamajigger prior to Transporterfest will be cleaning and an oil change.

Anyone meeting up night prior for a beer or four?

LP

Autozone has a tool loan program. They will loan you the spring compressor for free with a deposit.

I'll be at t-fest this year... this will be my 7th? year...fourth for the red syncro (but was brown for the first two)

Heres the van at the Pats game last weekend:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by edgood1 on Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
chojinchef
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just down at Pats place for an Ocean Spray contest on Friday.

The press is for the hydraulic bushing, its a little hand tool for the removal and installation. One false move and the f'er leaks and you start all over again. Thought about going urethance with it.

The hydraulics were used in w140, w126 and w124's. With the press, all I need to do is take the pressure off the spring, undo the two mount screws and remove the bushing while control arm is still attached via ball joint and sway bar link.

Fairly simple - did it in my W124 a few years back, but with someone else's tool. When they go, the car shakes like a lonely woman's toy drawer.

Nice looking van edgood.
Its a mistress; an expensive, whiney, needy bitch of a mistress. She is a chunky, dirty girl with bad skin, little motivation and yet she always makes me smile. She sure has been around before shacking up with me. She has a direct line to my wallet, plays with my emotions, is consistantly jovial yet with a sarcastic and sardonic side, is consistant in her inconsistancy, and every once in a while gives me a great ride and a fantastic memory.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
edgood1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i read your post too fast and thought it was for a vanagon..... whole different beast... my bad.

Are there any other gatherings going on before the show aside for the peace abby?

I'm sure you'll be able to find me a t-fest this year. It will look like we're tailgating and we'll have a TV with the game on.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BillM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were a week away and work is still letting me take it off. Plus I even have tomorrow off to try and tidy up a few things. Everyone else in good shape or do we need to organize a repair party for the day before? Chef how you making out?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
chojinchef
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in chicago until Wednesday. Then I have Thursday in Vt and friday off to do repair. Should be in great shape though. Not anticipating any issues, even the wife stated that she would help me bleed the brakes after I did the repair.
Its a mistress; an expensive, whiney, needy bitch of a mistress. She is a chunky, dirty girl with bad skin, little motivation and yet she always makes me smile. She sure has been around before shacking up with me. She has a direct line to my wallet, plays with my emotions, is consistantly jovial yet with a sarcastic and sardonic side, is consistant in her inconsistancy, and every once in a while gives me a great ride and a fantastic memory.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rubbachicken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we are a 10 minute drive away, we hope to be there in lucy
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

i still have a lot to do before i can get her inspected and legal to drive

lucy's BIG adventure

meet 'burni'

markswagen {mobile mechanic} san diego area all early VW's cared for.

619 201 0310 or 617 935 4182
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BillM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My son is really looking forward to seeing your van Chef. He has heard about it over the years but never seen it. I'll give you a run down on it's history when I see you.
If anyone going needs a brown rear table that uses the early style leg I have one. I have had it listed for awhile and no interest. I am slowly clearing out the extra stuff and hate to see it sit there if someone needs one. I don't have the leg just an excellent shape table with brown trim. Free to someone who needs it. No part hoarders or part flippers...
Back to honey do list. If I can knock out this list I can tinker with the Westy.
chojinchef
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will gladly take the table for the Thingamajigger. Want to build a cabinet for behind passenger seat with leaf for food prep area.
BillM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consider it yours Chef. I also have some Johnny Lightning buses for your son. For some reason I purchased a case of JL split buses with a Midwest VW club logo on it ten years or so ago. Must have been good weed cause I don't even recall the purchase. Going to bring them to the show and put em out free for the kids.
ajdenette
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am excited to say my vanagon is running good so I get to bring it to Transporter Fest though the interior will look like it cant make up its mind as it will beinmid transition. But I will be there in My syncro Very Happy so excited
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=732777
1990 Vanagon Syncro Base awaiting body work
vanagonjr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone has a early round headlight grill they want to sell at Transporterfest, please PM me with condition and price.

Perfect or needing repair, I am interested in either.

John
Bassyaks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peace Abbey 2 North Main Street Sherborn, Massachusetts
is this correct?
vanagonjr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep - see directions link below

The Peace Abbey
2 North Main Street
Sherborn, Massachusetts 01770
508-655-2143
Directions to the Peace Abbey
http://tinyurl.com/4yqn5ee

John

Edit - also Transporterfest directons (Larz Anderson Museum of Transportation
http://tinyurl.com/2kewpy
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edgood1 wrote:

Are there any other gatherings going on before the show aside for the peace abby ?.

Yes, we will be partying @ Stanagons Shop sat. pm, camping at the shop, caravan to the show in the a.m.

Chef, stop by my truck & say yoo !!!

Tom

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
rubbachicken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we are good to go, and looking forward to it
our first this side of the pond

i have an almost complete set of green glass, only missing drivers side 1/4light glass, includes heated rear screen, no windshield

2 or 3 sets of rear light clusters

a brown dash pod cover

i think 2 pairs of round headlamps

i need a cab window winder handle

and would like a front bumper and caps

lucy's BIG adventure

meet 'burni'

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
edgood1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rubbachicken wrote:

I got a new set of caps that I'll trade. I also have that 1/4 glass to complete the set.

I was debating on bringing parts to sell/trade. I have so much I don't know where to start or stop. Lots of syncro stuff, including a front diff with good vc. if anyone is looking for anything in particular shoot me a pm. I'm looking for a set of 15" five wide bus wheels, non crows foot.

I might just want to enjoy the show and company.
rubbachicken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edgood1 wrote:
rubbachicken wrote:

I got a new set of caps that I'll trade. I also have that 1/4 glass to complete the set.

I was debating on bringing parts to sell/trade. I have so much I don't know where to start or stop. Lots of syncro stuff, including a front diff with good vc. if anyone is looking for anything in particular shoot me a pm. I'm looking for a set of 15" five wide bus wheels, non crows foot.

I might just want to enjoy the show and company.

what do i have that you'd be interested in trading for

lucy's BIG adventure

meet 'burni'

chojinchef
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rubbachicken wrote:
we are good to go, and looking forward to it
our first this side of the pond

i have an almost complete set of green glass, only missing drivers side 1/4light glass, includes heated rear screen, no windshield

2 or 3 sets of rear light clusters

a brown dash pod cover

i think 2 pairs of round headlamps

i need a cab window winder handle

I have a front bumper, but will not be able to get to it before T-Fest. Also, the chrome may be faded, not bent, but showing age. After the weekend, I can send a picture.

LP
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: