Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My SUNROOF Syncro restoration
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
luVWagn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phishman068 wrote:
...but I believe the red bus is officially back on the road for another exciting year!

Woo-hoo, time for more updates to commence Very Happy
Love threads like this.
Phishman068
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a while since i've updated this thread as well.
I've enjoyed the bus this summer, though not as much as in the past (Work schedule keeping me busy all summer).
Things were good. I put in a newer engine with 20,000 miles, and aside from finding my GC2 batteries had a hole in them (And have since been replaced), no major mechanical issues to speak of.

In July, I was T-boned by a driver who failed to stop at an intersection, crossing one lane of traffic before reaching me. Everyone was okay, and the other driver's insurance has claimed 100% responsibility. With that said, Their insurance company was leaving me with uneasy feelings, so I chose to pursue this claim through my own insurance company. My Insurance company is taking care of things and will be repairing the accident damage by replacing the effected panels and painting the left side of the car.
I don't plan to share too many details until it's all said and done, as so far the process has really just begun. IT'S FRUSTRATING!
Seriously, dealing with this process sucks. I've learned a few things i've done right in the past including having an appraisal have been a huge help.

I hope it all comes out okay and in the end, the vehicle is back on the road to be enjoyed soon!
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6864936#6864936

"Along with the ability to go fast, one looses the desire to hurry."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pbdoughtie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:54 am    Post subject: Re: My SUNROOF Syncro restoration Reply with quote

Great find!

I've got an 88' SYNCRO that doesn't even compare. However it's a great van and I'd like to keep it going. It's been tough to find a few parts and would like to see if you know where I might find them.

Please Help!
markswagen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: My SUNROOF Syncro restoration Reply with quote

What parts are they, Google doesn't recognize the part numbers, least it doesn't with me at the controls.

pbdoughtie wrote:
Great find!

I've got an 88' SYNCRO that doesn't even compare. However it's a great van and I'd like to keep it going. It's been tough to find a few parts and would like to see if you know where I might find them.

Please Help!

619 201 0310
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: