Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

tent choices
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
gbrandt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy with my GoWesty 3 window Hemp tent. Went through some wicked rain storms in it this summer and never got wet once.
Canada to Europe and back (including Turkey, Morocco and Iceland), 2017 to 2019
Mexico 2022-2023
https://www.instagram.com/live.travel.play/
http://livetravelplay.ca
erdonline
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for height of the rise of the top, all pop-tops go up and lock at the same height.

But, as you observed, the window size does vary from one manufacturer to another.

Ron at Bus Depot did a nice write-up a while back about who makes what style. You'll find a given model sold by different vendors under different labels.

Ed
debbiej
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks! they do look like a good fit, and nice big windows... not a bad price either.
SL1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will get what you pay for. The cheap ones for sale are just that - cheap - and you won't be happy
I looked at lots of them, and found these guys to be the best.

www.atelierspk.com

I put it on, fits perfectly, craftsmanship is excellent, go for the sunbrella models - they have many colours to match your Westy

If you are just interested in replacing your screen, its not that hard either, just have to be handy with a needle and thread, but it does take time - hard on the fingers too
debbiej
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:15 am    Post subject: tent choices Reply with quote

I spend a lot of time looking at pictures of people's westys here. the wilderness, by the water and campsite threads are a morning fix.

my tent is in good shape except for the window. the zippers are gone. I sewed up the screen but it is permanantly closed, and sewed velcro to the edges of the flap to close it. so eventually we will be replacing our tent, and would like a 3 window one.

I don't know if it is an illusion, but some of the tents in people's pictures seem to have smaller windows in the front and/or seem to not rise as high.

are there differences in size of windows and height of rise of top among the available replacement tents?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: