Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Flyboat - [email protected] - Roger Brooks
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: flyboat
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: April 14, 2021
my quite
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Flyboat - [email protected] - Roger Brooks Reply with quote

He's making a few parts for 73 and up supers. I bought two of his products. First was his 911 dash. The stock super dash is known for ugly lines and cracked pads. So Roger built his version of the early 911 dash. Fit and finish is top notch. I got mine "mock" installed in a matter of a few hours. All it needs now is painted and gauges and switches installed.

I just got his pneumatic hood strut springs yesterday. They replace the very noisy and outdated coil springs which currently hold the hood in the open position. I'll be installing those tomorrow.

Roger ([email protected] ) is a top notch guy. His products are second to none, and he is great with communication. He's truly an asset to the VW community.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Nealisa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: so happy Reply with quote

I got my dash from flyboat and could not be happier. It was far more than I expected for the price. Very thick and nice.

Thank you!
ebenasky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent is all I can say. I bought some gas struts for my '74 and while there were some issues with the post office (their fault), Roger kept in touch with me. I received the struts and couldn't be happier! Thanks for everything.

- '60 Beetle "Ruby"
- '70 Beetle "Peace"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MSmethers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: 79 Super Beetle hood struts Reply with quote

I inquired whether Roger was still offering the hood struts and if they indeed do fit the 79 Super, he responded they do in fact fit the 79, but he was currently waiting for the lower eyelets which were due to arrive the following week. So I Paypal'd the money over and received the struts10 days later. Whether they fit remains to be seen but I'm confident they'll be fine. Moral of the long winded story, excellent communication, was upfront about status and shipped them as soon as possible. If the need arrises, I will purchase from him again without hesitation. Thanks Roger.

Marshal

1979 VW Super Beetle 'Vert
1967 Pontiac GTO
1970 Datsun Roadster, Fuel Injected 3.4 L V6
1999 Pontiac Firebird
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: