Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

BA4 eberspacher from 411 in a bus
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
tootype2crazy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:54 am    Post subject: BA4 eberspacher from 411 in a bus Reply with quote

Hey folks. I have 2 eberspacher BA4 gas heaters, between the two of them I have a complete unit with all the switches and sensors. Also I have a few spare parts like glow plugs and even the combustion fan. The only part I'm missing is the exhaust pipe. Do you think I should try to put it in my bus? Has anyone ever put a BA4 in a bus before? Let me know what you think
1970 Single Cab 2.1 turbo/EFI 6 Rib, 78 front beam, vanagon backing plates on rear (project)
2001 GTI VR6 (wife's)
pb24ss
Samba Member

Location: sitting around the fire with the bluegrass band - colorado

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: BA4 eberspacher from 411 in a bus Reply with quote

tootype2crazy wrote:
Hey folks. I have 2 eberspacher BA4 gas heaters, between the two of them I have a complete unit with all the switches and sensors. Also I have a few spare parts like glow plugs and even the combustion fan. The only part I'm missing is the exhaust pipe. Do you think I should try to put it in my bus? Has anyone ever put a BA4 in a bus before? Let me know what you think

Yes. I think you should try to put it in your bus. With a little thought and quality installation you'll have a nice toasty bus. I put an Airtronic D2 in mine and love having real heat.
tootype2crazy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might go for it. Can anyone tell me what the exhaust pipe looks like for a gas heater? I imagine its about the same as the BA6 as they are basically the same design in a different format. I understand that the pipe has some kind of venturi to it but am having a hard time visualizing it. Can someone provide a pic or explanation?
1970 Single Cab 2.1 turbo/EFI 6 Rib, 78 front beam, vanagon backing plates on rear (project)
2001 GTI VR6 (wife's)
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tootype2crazy wrote:
I might go for it. Can anyone tell me what the exhaust pipe looks like for a gas heater? I imagine its about the same as the BA6 as they are basically the same design in a different format. I understand that the pipe has some kind of venturi to it but am having a hard time visualizing it. Can someone provide a pic or explanation?

I'm not close to mine...but the ones on my 411 and 412's has no venturi of any type. Just a shaped pipe with a capped end and a side slot for an exit at the end. Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tootype2crazy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much Ray. If you get a chance, snap a pick so I can see what to make. Also, as a I look through my parts, i might be missing the double relay. I can surely make one of those right?
2001 GTI VR6 (wife's)
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually...thinking about...there is a venturi. More of a vent. Its just like the vent on a gas hot water heater. Its simply a gap right after the exit so ass the exhaust pushes outward it draws air into the exhaust pipe to cool the mixture and make sure that nothing is uncombusted. My car is 1500 miles from here in storage. I think I have a spare pipe I can snap a pic of. Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: