Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Mendeola
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
rana391
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Mendeola Reply with quote

Moderator note:
Please use the feedback thread at:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=405601

Current id
coolrydes - [email protected]

Be careful dealing with Mendeola guys.

They have had my money for 4 months. I am still waiting on parts and refunds. Nothing but excuses from Kevin.

Very poor fit on the parts they have supplied. This has been the worst vendor I have dealt with in over 30 years of building cars.

I have given up on getting either my parts or my promised refunds from them.

Google them and factory five...I am not the only one they have done this to.

Any response Kevin?

Clive
coolrydes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rana391 wrote:
Be careful dealing with Mendeola guys.

They have had my money for 4 months. I am still waiting on parts and refunds. Nothing but excuses from Kevin.

Very poor fit on the parts they have supplied. This has been the worst vendor I have dealt with in over 30 years of building cars.

I have given up on getting either my parts or my promised refunds from them.

Google them and factory five...I am not the only one they have done this to.

Any response Kevin?

Clive

Clive,

Here is another email I sent you today. You have to under stand that the ebrake cables are back ordered for us like I told you. If you want the one that I have you can have it. If you want to bash Mendeola there is nothing I can do. Please respond to my email and keep this out of the forums.

I have your bank info. If you do not want the cables I can refund you a total of $240 . This is $80 for the front rotors, and $140 for the rear rotors and cables. You also keep the front solid rotors for free.

What do you want to do?

As for Factory 5, that is the transaxle division, not the suspension side.

COOLRYDES So-Cal CUSTOMS
MENDEOLA SUSPENSION
THE HOME OF STYLE AND PERFORMANCE
www.CoolRydescustoms.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rana391
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets try this Kevin.

You supply me with the parts I ordered and paid for 4 MONTHS ago.

Supply me a rear sway bar that fits ( it is not acceptable to put the links at an 45 degree angle to compensate for the fact the bar is 3" too narrow )

Supply me a Kafer bar that is long enough to join the shock towers. ( my shock towers are not bent, they are at factory spec )

Supply me with a front sway bar that does not act as the suspension limiter on droop. That is dubious engineering at the best.

Refund me the shipping costs of the additional freight when you short shipped me my first load of parts airfreight.

I will absorb the several hundred dollars of international phone calls chasing you.

Is that acceptable to you?

Clive
coolrydes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clive,

1)You supply me with the parts I ordered and paid for 4 MONTHS ago.....We did send you the front and custom rear kit you ordered. The parts that you do not have is because we can not get them in. We do not make those parts. As for them I have offered to refund your the money.

2)Supply me a rear sway bar that fits ( it is not acceptable to put the links at an 45 degree angle to compensate for the fact the bar is 3" too narrow ).....Did you install the sway bar brackets in the correct place. They should go to the rear of the torsion housing. Once the car is on the ground the angle will decrease. You were also told that this is the way they are going to fit because of the extra wide rear arms you had us make for you.

3) Supply me a Kafer bar that is long enough to join the shock towers. ( my shock towers are not bent, they are at factory spec ).......These Kafer bars are made with adjustable ends due to the many factory spec shock towers out there. As we found out and led us to making the adjustable kafer bars, No two factory spec shock towers are in the same place after 30 years.

4) Supply me with a front sway bar that does not act as the suspension limiter on droop. That is dubious engineering at the best........This is another item that when you put the car on the ground it will no longer be at it's max rotation. This is not a limiter and will not have problems as the shocks stop the travel internally with the built in bump stops.

5) Refund me the shipping costs of the additional freight when you short shipped me my first load of parts airfreight.......It was your call to send a partial shipment due the fact you were trying to rush the build of your car. We normally do not ship partial shipments. We only did what you asked.

6)I will absorb the several hundred dollars of international phone calls chasing you........This again was your call. Like most customers you hear what you want to and seam to miss the fact that when any customer places an order I tell them it's going to be 6-8 weeks at best before stuff is ready for shipping. In your case it was longer then that due to the fact that we miss built your rear arms for your kit as standard rear arms. Just before shipping on one of your checking up phone calls, when I was going over your order you informed me I had made a mistake on the rear arms and they needed to be our 2+2 rear arms. I then rushed these through to make things right I did not charge you the extra $400 charge for the custom rear arms. I did this because I felt bad that it was going to take an additional 2 weeks, making it a total of 10 weeks or 2.5 months. Correct me if I'm wrong but have'nt you had your kits for well over a month now?

7)Is that acceptable to you?.......As stated above I feel that we have gone above and beyond for you, build custom parts, rushing said parts. Sending partial orders to help you meet your dead line. Offering to refund money for parts that we have no control over when we get them, I might add this was another additional thing I was doing for you so that you could import everything at one time from the US vie the Free Trade Agreement with Australia. We normally do not do brakes, stub axles, bearings, and other parts. In business as you know owning your own company, "you can not make everyone happy all of the time". If your not happy with the stuff maybe we can take it back Minus shipping, if it is returned in re-saleable condition (new). If you would like to do that we can go over the details via email. As stated this is not the place for this.

So the offer stands:
I can a give you the refund for the Back Ordered Parts

Or we can work out a way to return the entire kit.

What will it be?

Kevin "Coolrydes" Zagar
MENDEOLA SIGNATURE MOTORS
619-710-4946 EXT.120

COOLRYDES So-Cal CUSTOMS
MENDEOLA SUSPENSION
www.CoolRydescustoms.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rana391
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coolrydes wrote:
Clive,

1)You supply me with the parts I ordered and paid for 4 MONTHS ago.....We did send you the front and custom rear kit you ordered. The parts that you do not have is because we can not get them in. We do not make those parts. As for them I have offered to refund your the money.

The brake kits are useless if they are not complete. Not only are they not what was ordered and paid for they are also not complete. You have offered to refund some money (which still leaves me with brake kits I can't use).

2)Supply me a rear sway bar that fits ( it is not acceptable to put the links at an 45 degree angle to compensate for the fact the bar is 3" too narrow ).....Did you install the sway bar brackets in the correct place. They should go to the rear of the torsion housing. Once the car is on the ground the angle will decrease. You were also told that this is the way they are going to fit because of the extra wide rear arms you had us make for you.

They are mounted in the correct place. I ordered extra long arms not extra wide, you supplied me with extra long NOT extra wide. The sway bar is too narrow! What width should it be?

3) Supply me a Kafer bar that is long enough to join the shock towers. ( my shock towers are not bent, they are at factory spec ).......These Kafer bars are made with adjustable ends due to the many factory spec shock towers out there. As we found out and led us to making the adjustable kafer bars, No two factory spec shock towers are in the same place after 30 years.

So you are saying that your Kafer bar will not fit all type 1 suspensions?
If that is the case you should advertise that and inform purchasers they may not fit.

4) Supply me with a front sway bar that does not act as the suspension limiter on droop. That is dubious engineering at the best........This is another item that when you put the car on the ground it will no longer be at it's max rotation. This is not a limiter and will not have problems as the shocks stop the travel internally with the built in bump stops.

Maybe the shocks you sent are faulty. They do not limit the travel before the sway bar, in fact in droop the springs fall away from the adjusters. Could you let me know what the fully open dimension should be and I will check the shocks to see if they have bump stops.

5) Refund me the shipping costs of the additional freight when you short shipped me my first load of parts airfreight.......It was your call to send a partial shipment due the fact you were trying to rush the build of your car. We normally do not ship partial shipments. We only did what you asked.

You told me that the only parts missing were the rear arms. I would have accepted extra charges for a small package. However as you know there was a lot more missing than what you told me. The additional cost of shipping that shipment to me was well over $1000.00.

6)I will absorb the several hundred dollars of international phone calls chasing you........This again was your call. Like most customers you hear what you want to and seam to miss the fact that when any customer places an order I tell them it's going to be 6-8 weeks at best before stuff is ready for shipping. In your case it was longer then that due to the fact that we miss built your rear arms for your kit as standard rear arms. Just before shipping on one of your checking up phone calls, when I was going over your order you informed me I had made a mistake on the rear arms and they needed to be our 2+2 rear arms. I then rushed these through to make things right I did not charge you the extra $400 charge for the custom rear arms. I did this because I felt bad that it was going to take an additional 2 weeks, making it a total of 10 weeks or 2.5 months. Correct me if I'm wrong but have'nt you had your kits for well over a month now?

Interesting comment about most customers hearing what they want. I am sure most customers hear what they are told.

Before I placed my order you informed me you had all the parts in stock to build my kits. You quoted me 2 weeks lead time.

I have had my kits for approx 1 month. I have contacted you immediately any issues arose when we were attempting to install the kits. You have had many opportunities to attempt to resolve these issues but have not done so.

I ordered and paid for longer rear arms. You informed me at the time of order there was an additional charge and I paid the amount you requested. I don't know how you can state you did not charge me.

7)Is that acceptable to you?.......As stated above I feel that we have gone above and beyond for you, build custom parts, rushing said parts. Sending partial orders to help you meet your dead line. Offering to refund money for parts that we have no control over when we get them, I might add this was another additional thing I was doing for you so that you could import everything at one time from the US vie the Free Trade Agreement with Australia. We normally do not do brakes, stub axles, bearings, and other parts. In business as you know owning your own company, "you can not make everyone happy all of the time". If your not happy with the stuff maybe we can take it back Minus shipping, if it is returned in re-saleable condition (new). If you would like to do that we can go over the details via email. As stated this is not the place for this.

So the offer stands:

What will it be?

Neither of those solutions work for me.

Kevin, I am not the one at fault here. If you can't supply what I ordered why would you send what I didn't order? You could have contacted me, informed me you could not get the brake kits and refunded the amount for the brake kits. You chose not to do that.

As for the suspension kits all you have to do is admit you made mistakes and rectify them. Everyone makes mistakes. The stand up guys are the ones that admit it and resolve it. You have the opportunity to do that.

I hope to get a positive reply from you.

Cheers

Clive

Kevin "Coolrydes" Zagar
619-710-4946 EXT.120
coolrydes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clive,

The brake kits are useless if they are not complete. Not only are they not what was ordered and paid for they are also not complete. You have offered to refund some money (which still leaves me with brake kits I can't use).

This it not true. The parts you have is what we talked about. You can buy the rotors, and e-brake cables separate thru many companies.

They are mounted in the correct place. I ordered extra long arms not extra wide, you supplied me with extra long NOT extra wide. The sway bar is too narrow! What width should it be?

This could be the issue. I did give you 2+2 rear arms, the same as we use on the S2 Manxters we build. So that the rear wheels you ordered would fit the same as ours. Don't be worried about the angle. As the suspension goes through it's travel the angle will change. The outward angle is not an issue either as I saw the same thing the first one I put together.

So you are saying that your Kafer bar will not fit all type 1 suspensions?
If that is the case you should advertise that and inform purchasers they may not fit.

No that is not what I'm saying. We found when we were making our solid one pc. kafer bars, is that the rear shock towers and frame horns are always tweaked in one way or another. This is why we designed and built our adjustable kafer bar system. Please E_MAIL me some pictures of what is going on so that I can asses what is going on with your install.

Maybe the shocks you sent are faulty. They do not limit the travel before the sway bar, in fact in droop the springs fall away from the adjusters. Could you let me know what the fully open dimension should be and I will check the shocks to see if they have bump stops.

I think the adjusters are not adjusted correctly. I will take a fully open measurement and post it here. I think the fully open measurement is 11 inches, however I will verify and post it here.
As for the hiems touching the sway bar when the suspension is un-loaded, we are aware of this and it has been tested without any problems. Keep in mind the front end will only be in this position when the car is lifted. Most of the time the suspension will be in the mid-travel area and the sway bar will not touch the hiem.

You told me that the only parts missing were the rear arms. I would have accepted extra charges for a small package. However as you know there was a lot more missing than what you told me. The additional cost of shipping that shipment to me was well over $1000.00.

A $1000 for one box weighing 60 lbs, wow. This was a misunderstanding that we have already gone over on the phone when it happened. You had told me on one of your checking in phone calls that you were trying to get your pan to powder coat and you needed the parts that needed to be welded on before coating. I told you I had sent only part of the order and thought we were saving you some cost by shipping in two more equal size shipments. I thought we had settled this already. Again I say that I am very sorry for making the wrong assumesion.

6)I will absorb the several hundred dollars of international phone calls chasing you........This again was your call. Like most customers you hear what you want to and seam to miss the fact that when any customer places an order I tell them it's going to be 6-8 weeks at best before stuff is ready for shipping. In your case it was longer then that due to the fact that we miss built your rear arms for your kit as standard rear arms. Just before shipping on one of your checking up phone calls, when I was going over your order you informed me I had made a mistake on the rear arms and they needed to be our 2+2 rear arms. I then rushed these through to make things right I did not charge you the extra $400 charge for the custom rear arms. I did this because I felt bad that it was going to take an additional 2 weeks, making it a total of 10 weeks or 2.5 months. Correct me if I'm wrong but haven't you had your kits for well over a month now?

Interesting comment about most customers hearing what they want. I am sure most customers hear what they are told. Before I placed my order you informed me you had all the parts in stock to build my kits. You quoted me 2 weeks lead time.

I have never been able to tell anyone this as we are always trying to just keep up with the orders and pre-selling our production runs. Also if we had to build custom rear arms this always adds to the build time. The two week lead time was for the additional time needed to get the rear arms built.

I have had my kits for approx 1 month. I have contacted you immediately any issues arose when we were attempting to install the kits. You have had many opportunities to attempt to resolve these issues but have not done so.

Yes I remember the first phone call about the issues you were having, or should we say the extremely rude phone call.
We had a couple of other phone calls that were more friendly and thought we were working through the issues.
Now this I have not heard from you until the day you started this forum. You emailed me a demand email and then went public with your feelings. Like offered before we can refund you the money for the missing rotors and e-brake cables.

I ordered and paid for longer rear arms. You informed me at the time of order there was an additional charge and I paid the amount you requested. I don't know how you can state you did not charge me.

I can make this statement because I did not charge you for the custom rear arms, and when we had to delay the shipment due to our mistake I simply gave them to you for the cost of the regular rear arms.

So the offer stands:

What will it be?

Neither of those solutions work for me.

The original offers stand.

Kevin, I am not the one at fault here. If you can't supply what I ordered why would you send what I didn't order? You could have contacted me, informed me you could not get the brake kits and refunded the amount for the brake kits. You chose not to do that.

I did not say you were at fault, however you still want to try and drag our name through the mud instead of handling this privately like even the moderator on here told you to do. When I found out we could not get the parts I offered to refund you the cost of the missing parts. This is because we order the parts separately from different suppliers, as you can if try.

As for the suspension kits all you have to do is admit you made mistakes and rectify them. Everyone makes mistakes. The stand up guys are the ones that admit it and resolve it. You have the opportunity to do that.

This is your opinion of what you think is right or wrong. Our engineers have many years of design under them, how many years of suspension design do you have, let alone the computer programs like the many programs that we ran our suspension thru in the vertial world before we even started building them. We even paid an outside firm to go over all of our designs as did our insurance company to make sure that our design is functional and safe in everyway. Mendeola prides itself on building high quality parts that do exactly what we claim they will do. This has been our focus for over 40 years. When we have a problem with one of our products, as we did on our original S4 and S4D transaxles, we fixed them and recalled all of the bad parts. We also covered the cost of many transaxles that blew gears apart due to the failed part. This cost Mendeola thousands of dollars. We have never left our customers holding the bag so to speak and have no intentions of ever doing that to any of them. So if there was a problem with our product we would have no problem admitting it and resolving any and all problems with it. You have the resorces to build a better suspension system with the revenue from Tufflift in Australia, and claim our suspension is so bad. I suggest if we can not make you happy, maybe you build your own.

I hope to get a positive reply from you.

At this point, if you would like to take this back into a private setting, maybe we can revive our communications via emails (so that both of us have a time line and full records of what is said and promissed) and we can work through this. I'm not trying to fight with you in public, however I will defend Mendeola if we are being bashed in public. I just feel that the entire story needs to be brought into the light.

My dirrect email is [email protected] I look forward to working this out.

Kevin "Coolrydes" Zagar

COOLRYDES So-Cal CUSTOMS
MENDEOLA SUSPENSION
www.CoolRydescustoms.com
rana391
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets try and tidy this up Kevin.

I will accept the $240 for the sake of closure on the incorrect and short shipped parts. There is also a $30 bank fee for processing at my end.

You all ready have my bank details. As you have promised a refund before and not delivered on that promise when I receive your payment I will update this thread to reflect that.

I will post pics in the next few days of the issues I am having with your kit and Hopefully we can get a resolution on that issue also.

I see you mentioned 60Lb as the airfreight weight. Could you send me copies of the waybill you completed? The stated weight of the first shipment was 220Lb and the cost was $1214.28. The second shipment was stated at 156lb and the cost was $1030.29. Please supply me with the waybill showing 60lb and I will arrange a refund from the shipping company.

Clive
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: