Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Front Locker Blinking Light
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
pemz0r
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:22 am    Post subject: Front Locker Blinking Light Reply with quote

I am looking to purchase this setup so I can have the front locker light blink while it's engaging. It looks like a vacuum pump, wire loom and a PCB board. If anyone has one or a source for one that would be awesome. Thank you.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
syncrodoka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Front Locker Blinking Light Reply with quote

Place a WTB ad in the classifieds
MarkWard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Front Locker Blinking Light Reply with quote

I wonder if a turn signal relay could be adapted. Instead of turning the light on, the locker switch would ground the flasher relay and would be wired to the indicator light to flash it vs being on full time. You could even add a buzzer if you needed something audible.
pemz0r
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Front Locker Blinking Light Reply with quote

Something to think about, but I will still need the vacuum pump sensor
MarkWard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Front Locker Blinking Light Reply with quote

pemz0r wrote:
Something to think about, but I will still need the vacuum pump sensor

I was thinking you wouldn't need vacuum to activate it. The relay would have power key on and get a ground from the switch on the case. The indicator light would be wired to the relay. The relay is programmed to flash. Seems simple to me.
crazyvwvanman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Front Locker Blinking Light Reply with quote

The intent of the flashing indicator for the front locker is to warn the driver that front locker engagement is imminent but has not happened yet. This is a safety feature, a flashing warning BEFORE it locks the steering.

The metal item above with a hose and some wires looks more like a vacuum switch than a pump. That switch would be what tells the circuit board that the front locker control has been set to LOCK.

Mark
MarkWard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Front Locker Blinking Light Reply with quote

That wouldn't be much warning. My front locker is pretty instantaneous. It may react quicker than the rear locker. I thought it was more of a "look at me" somebody accidentally engaged me vs a glowing indicator light.

I suppose it would depend what you wanted the indicator light to do. Then go from there. I have to believe the factory version is pretty rare and would be expensive.
pemz0r
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Front Locker Blinking Light Reply with quote

Either way, quick or not, I still would like to see it work like a factory issue option.

I purchased the twist style mechanism, need to source the spring, so that way the knob has to be twisted before pulling the knob.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: