Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Maisy Accident pictures (previously seattle drivers suck)
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Maisy Accident pictures (previously seattle drivers suck) Reply with quote

i was driving through seattle tonight (81st and greenwood or so) at about 30 mph and a lady failed to yeild....looks like ill be getting the body work done sooner than i thought! Smile but until then....i have to put up with this...Sad

2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDi 6 speed manual

206-841-7324
[email protected]

Last edited by Stuartzickefoose on Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for your loss
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i feel like i devirginized the nose of my bus Sad Sad well, worst case is they have to paint the whole thing to match the color....Wink

206-841-7324
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
timo78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, either the recently rich going all too fast in their sparkly sports car. Or on the east side [Bellevue specifically] the tendency to stop WAY too short off the car in front. There's those that stop short and leave a full two+ car lengths between them and the vehicle ahead of them. If you are following these knuckleheads, it makes for timing a stop interesting to says the least. Rolling Eyes
Mal evolent
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albuquerque: there is a different bad driver theme every day. if you see any of these anywhere in town, its happening all over town that day:

Honda Civics parked at a 75 degree angle to traffic in the middle of a parking lot entrance big enough for a motorhome to pull in while a bread truck pulls out

stick the nose of your car three feet into traffic so people who have the right of way have to let you in. makes me fantasize about owning an Oshkosh snow plow. rumble rumble scrape BONK BONK WHACK! spin spin chuckle...

the ever popular left turn from the right turn lane.

people slowing down as they approach a green light, so those waiting to turn left can't, and have to wait for another green light.

people who get in the left lane of a two lane left turn, then switch to the right lane in the middle of the turn.

Baja Bugs for Volkswagen Virgins: Index
moxnix
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in Shoreline a few months ago and I'd have to agree!
Every day I saw some new crazy stunt on the road- I was glad to have a rental.

On a side note- It was sad to see how few old VW's are left there these days.
I remember summer of '84 trying to count all the buses i saw just at the Northgate Mall Wink
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad drivers are everywhere. Defensive driving skills are needed now more than ever. If you think someone is going to do something stupid, chances are they will.

Wanted: Art Collins VW (Savannah, Georgia) items - license plate surrounds and other items. Also ivory "AM", "FM" and "SW" buttons for a US Blaupunkt Frankfurt.
fazool666
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"ride like your invisible"

used to be a motto for just when riding my motorcycle but not anymore with all the texting, emails, touch screen radios, etc.
Zelten
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Less than a week after I got my bus I was on Sand Point in the right lane. For absolutely no reason the woman to my left just started to merge into my lane. I have no idea what was going through her mind. We had been driving next to each other for about a mile and even left a stop light together. I had to hit the breaks as she merged right in front of me. I barely missed having the drivers side nose hit.
Are you planning to do the repair work yourself? You know what this thread needs? Pictures.
jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fazool666 wrote:

Ride like your invisible... what? Invisible friend?
1969 Transporter, 1971 Westfalia, 1976, 1977, 1976, 1977, 1971, 1973, 1977 Westfalias,
1979 Champagne Sunroof, 1974 Westfalia Automatic, 1979 Transporter, 1972 Sportsmobile, 1973 Transporter Wild Westerner, 1974 Westfalia parts bus
, 1975 Mexican single cab *FOR SALE*, 1978 Irish 4-door double cab RHD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
fazool666
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jtauxe wrote:
fazool666 wrote:

Ride like your invisible... what? Invisible friend?

You seriously don't get it? Meaning that (again geared more towards bikers) ride like they (distracted drivers) don't see you (invisible) because they probably don't. Does that make sense?
moxnix
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol that was sly jt Wink
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fazool666 wrote:
"ride like you're invisible"

Fixed it.

Wanted: Art Collins VW (Savannah, Georgia) items - license plate surrounds and other items. Also ivory "AM", "FM" and "SW" buttons for a US Blaupunkt Frankfurt.
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zelten wrote:
Less than a week after I got my bus I was on Sand Point in the right lane. For absolutely no reason the woman to my left just started to merge into my lane. I have no idea what was going through her mind. We had been driving next to each other for about a mile and even left a stop light together. I had to hit the breaks as she merged right in front of me. I barely missed having the drivers side nose hit.
Are you planning to do the repair work yourself? You know what this thread needs? Pictures.

trying to get pictures, but my cameras not working right Sad i will get some soon tho. i plan on having a local body shop who i have worked with before do all the work, as well as (if i can afford it) replace the battery trays and paint the whole bus. (fingers crossed) they are saying ill have to chop off the nose and replace it Sad

206-841-7324
[email protected]
Daverham
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I commute by bike sometimes. "Ride like you're invisible" is an OK defensive riding/driving mantra. But I find "ride/drive like they are actively trying to kill you" is more realistic.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moxnix wrote:
lol that was sly jt Wink

Sometimes I can't help myself. Rolling Eyes
1969 Transporter, 1971 Westfalia, 1976, 1977, 1976, 1977, 1971, 1973, 1977 Westfalias,
1979 Champagne Sunroof, 1974 Westfalia Automatic, 1979 Transporter, 1972 Sportsmobile, 1973 Transporter Wild Westerner, 1974 Westfalia parts bus
, 1975 Mexican single cab *FOR SALE*, 1978 Irish 4-door double cab RHD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
chazz79
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here people can't park so I can't begin to bitch about driving. I had an a-hole crush my passenger door in a parking lot.........fixed it out of my own pocket........month later another old lady parks one foot away from the same freshly repaired door! Instead of parking a spot that would allow her to exit her vehicle without squeezing her bloated ass from her van sideways (while her door was forced into mine) she parked next to me. I caught her in the act of doing this to my car and proceeded to get ten shades of jerry springer on her. Bad thin is this was a 70 year old grandmother, passenger was her 50 year old daughter! One of these idiots should know better. I need a change of luck or someone to invent retard repellent, I've ben attracting my share lately.

The green monster in bits and peices: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=332556&highlight=green+monster
grandpa pete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about "drive like you are going to loose your commercial driving licence for 6 months if you are found at fault"because that is how the new florida law is written. and you wouldn't beleive the stupid things people do around 33000 pound freight trucks...yesterday i bought a Go Pro mini camera to mount in the cab of the truck to have a "video witness" if i have a problem....anyone who knows Go Pro cameras and would like to tell me how to set it up is incouraged to pm me. thanks Cool

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=569619&highlight=sedan+delivery
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im sorry it too so long to post pictures, but heres a couple. as it goes through the repair process, i will be having the body shop take pictures of everything they do (they do anyways usually) and will try and get them up here.

i have to go without her for 3 weeks Sad

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

steering got all kajumbled

bumper was crunched

the spare too most of the impact and transferred it to the nose panel...the airbags actually worked!
you can also see that this thing had some bondo apparently...Sad

more damage

from the side of the bus

new parcel tray was a birthday present from my parents, and i only got to use it for about a week Sad this was the worst part about the whole thing. and 80 dollar tray as a gift and i somehow managed to break it Sad

the dash curves outward now. the hole in the dash is from a clock i took out. and the radio was pulled out by me, not the accident...needed to steal the harness for another car...lol
and yeah, i gotta do some more brake work...the ebrake hardly holds.

206-841-7324
[email protected]
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

she goes in on thursday, while im out of town. and i should be back right around the time she is finished....weirdly coincidental

More Gruesome Pictures:

206-841-7324
[email protected]
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: