Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

bulli brigade
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 7:44 am    Post subject: bulli brigade Reply with quote

me and my buddies were talking about heading to florida for the bulli brigade in a couple weeks. i'd like to hear what people that have been there think of it. it's gonna be about a 4000mile round trip with a really boring ride down I-95. i'd rather bring one of my buses than fly down and rent a car.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ezcamper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 10:29 am    Post subject: bulli brigade Reply with quote

I have been for the past 5 or 6 years. there are usually about 70+ buses. go to my web site www.ezcamper.com and look for the bulli brigade link and you will see some pics.
-Chad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 3:32 pm    Post subject: bulli brigade Reply with quote

oops, its actually only 1000 miles each way, so i figure 2500 miles R/T with the cruising around and all
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 4:13 pm    Post subject: bulli brigade Reply with quote

i went last year and entered my 66 single cab was good to see all the type II
Andrew
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 5:21 pm    Post subject: bulli brigade Reply with quote

A friend of mine went last year in his '66 21-window. He won an award(don't remember which though...). As I remember, there were about 80 buses there. I'd love to go, but just couldn't miss that much school. Maybe next year...

Andrew
'58 Panel Bus
'60 European Beetle
'67 Deluxe Bus
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 7:41 pm    Post subject: bulli brigade Reply with quote

i'm pretty set on going. i checked out ezcampers website (whaddya know, pictures of supersonic don there too) now i'd like to get a mini brigade going. andrew, you can't be more than 12 hours from tampa, get out of school at noon on friday. and monday is veterans day, we leave at 3pm sunday and youre home no problemo on monday. supersonic don will write you a note. or better yet, let me know what room number you're in and i'll do like we used to do in highschool, knock on the classroom door. when the teacher opens the door, you have a note in your hand and say "uhhh, i have a note from vice principal mrs. chillyfingers, the andyman is wanted in her office, pronto!" of course the teacher says yes and you're all packed up ready to roll to the bulli brigade and the philly fellas are waiting outside. and you finance the trip by selling some spare parts.
Andrew
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 8:21 pm    Post subject: bulli brigade Reply with quote

Earlyman, as much as I want to go, it just isn't going to happen this year. If you're going next year though, let me know. By this time next year, i hope to have a new engine(2L) and new transmission(freeway flyer) in my bus, and hopefully have it painted as well. If you have the time, stop by on your way back up(or down for that matter), it'd be cool to meet you and see your bus and all.

Andrew
'58 Panel Bus
'60 European Beetle
'67 Deluxe Bus
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 8:46 pm    Post subject: bulli brigade Reply with quote

that'd be cool, maybe we crashout in your yard. you're in greensboro?
BeaterBarndoor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 6:23 am    Post subject: bulli brigade Reply with quote

i have been to every bulli brigade and always find it to be great relaxed fun. for the first 3 years i drove down from new hampshire and felt it to be well worth the trip then shortly after moved to florida.there is a split bus caravan after the show to the show hotel for the bug jam the next day.if you like split buses and youre stuck on the east coast,this is where its at! for any info or a flier email [email protected] or
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DeluxeMike
Alligator Wrestler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 1:46 pm    Post subject: bulli brigade Reply with quote

definitly go. plan on getting there before friday night tho. friday night is the party at rare and unique. this will be the second annual "rare and uniqe slam". it is huge with good times, good food, good drinks, and lots of vw's. I can mail you a flyer for the party if you want. email me for a flier or info. [email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 2:27 pm    Post subject: bulli brigade Reply with quote

what is "rare and unique", is that a place or the form folks will be in?
Andrew
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 2:41 pm    Post subject: bulli brigade Reply with quote

Greenville actually. It's in SC, and come to think of it, if you're going down I-95, then I'd be out of your way, 95 runs down the coast, i'm on the other side of SC, in the corner. But if you wanted to go out of the way to get up here, then yeah, you could crash in my yard. Either way, have fun at the show, and take lots of pictures for those of us who weren't fortunate enough to be able to go.

Andrew
'58 Panel Bus
'60 European Beetle
'67 Deluxe Bus
DeluxeMike
Alligator Wrestler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 7:26 am    Post subject: bulli brigade Reply with quote

Rare and Unique is a shop in Sarasota. The party was awesome last year and they are expecting it to be bigger and better this year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 2:50 pm    Post subject: bulli brigade Reply with quote

i'm getting so friggin wound up about this gig. i wanna leave now!
Andrew
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 5:14 pm    Post subject: bulli brigade Reply with quote

I guess you could take about a month off of work, and then take the very scenic route down. Not sure that you would want to do that though, as the show still wouldn't be any sooner.

Andrew
'58 Panel Bus
'60 European Beetle
'67 Deluxe Bus
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: