Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Seat adjuster cams?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
KahunaKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:52 am    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Any of our friends across the Pacific who got these have some comments on their thoughts on these Rolling Eyes
KahunaKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:11 am    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Anyone after a set of these ? Well contact nilza as he's looking at placing the 3rd order Laughing
JonSolo74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:21 am    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

I received mine on March 30th, and I had them installed within an hour. They fit and operate perfectly with no problems!
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Not yet... mine are for my original seats I will refurbish later this year. The replacement seats now in the car are fine for now. But the machining is great and I look forward to working with them.
Clatter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

I got mine a couple of days ago.

Tried them on a shaft, and the hole size in the middle is right on.

Have to build up my seats before trying them,
But,
Far as I can tell by fitting and measuring they look spot on!

Thanks again for taking this project on, guys.
The commitment of a few dedicated individuals makes this hobby far easier and more fun.

What’s That Noise?!?
nilza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Really happy to hear that guys!

2nd batch are all mailed away now,
Interest is still pretty strong so a 3rd batch will be in the works probably next month
KahunaKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Jon, Phil & Steve, great to hear your thoughts on these Cool
KahunaKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Down here in Australia we have a VW magazine (for those who aren't aware) called VWMA (VolksWagen Magazine Australia ) and in the current edition #54 is an article about these Type3 Seat Adjuster cams.

Being the Author of it thought I'd share it on here - hope you enjoy

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
nilza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Quick heads up, I have been ask to do another run.

If you are interested, get in quick.
KahunaKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

nilza wrote:
Quick heads up, I have been ask to do another run.

If you are interested, get in quick.

Classified for the seat adjuster cams is here - https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2008828
KahunaKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Hi everyone, just wanting to keep this thread alive for you Type3 lovers who have seats where the backrests don't adjust Wink
KahunaKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:41 am    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Anyone wanting pictures that have been now been censored by photobucket send me an email and I can forward to you while I work out how to post them through some other free hosting site now that photobucket want $400.00 Ozzie $$$ a year for them to be viewed on here and other forums.
KahunaKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Been a while since I've been on here as moving house and having to couch surf for a couple of weeks but finally a roof of our own over our heads.

I'll be trying to re-post the pictures over the next couple of weeks and for those interested in replacing their worn set they are still available through Nilza Wink
nilza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:53 am    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Looking at doing another run, if you are after a set now is the time to drop me an email
KahunaKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:54 am    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Doing a refresh on this thread as has been some time ...... me project rich and time poor to re-post pics but happy to email to anyone interested Or follow the link earlier in the thread to aussie vee dubbers thread(s) Wink
KahunaKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Next production run is being arranged so if you are after "new" seat adjuster cams for your Type3 get in contact with nilza - For Sale advertisement is here https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2008828
KahunaKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Have been conversing with nilza and he has 4 seats (4 pairs) from his last production run still available get in quick as they're going quickly.
KahunaKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

I believe that there are now 2 pairs (seats) remaining ..... anyone thinking of an Xmas present for themsleves or their Type3 ----- go on you know you want these.
KahunaKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:15 am    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

WOW, 5 months passed ..... been busy educating a rescue dog to fit into humanity as in human and other dogs which for 5 years he was not introduced to - Border Collie and coming along fine but still a way to go.

Anyhow, thought I'd refresh this thread for members who haven't seen it before and looking for a solution to their front seat adjustment problems Very Happy
andybla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:01 am    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

So whats the purpose of these seat adjusters?

Always looking to learn something new...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: