Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Seat adjuster cams?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peters Van
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:55 am    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

follow this link to the aussieveedubbers site for everything you would ever want to know about seat adjusters.
most photos still there not like the photobucket ones in this thread....
Peters Van
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:56 am    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

guess it would help if i remembered to post the link.....??????........!!!!!!

https://forums.aussieveedubbers.com/viewtopic.php?tid=111806&page=1
KahunaKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Thanks PV Very Happy

Just brought back to life the classified for these (no commercial interest to myself - justy wanting to help out Type 3 owners Smile )

For those interested - https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2008828
nilza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

KahunaKombi wrote:
Thanks PV Very Happy

Just brought back to life the classified for these (no commercial interest to myself - justy wanting to help out Type 3 owners Smile )

For those interested - https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2008828

Thanks Kahuna, you've put so so much work into this and would not have happened without you.

On that note, just digging around and found the last pair (set of 4 cams) will let them go for $US100 (less than cost if I recall)

Then I will put this to rest.

Nils
KahunaKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Hi Nils,

Classified was about to time out (90 day expiration) so have just renewed it.

Original price on these were USD75.00 per seat + USD30.00 postage - you're giving these away @ a loss as cost of production was just about what you were selling them for.

cheers,
Bert
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Just a p.s. to this thread/saga... a real thanks for taking this on and making a NLA part for the Type 3 crowd... saved a lot of seats... this was a real "for lack of a nail" kind of part for a lot of owners/restorers.

I bought a set just because I know mine will wear out eventually and this opportunity is unlikely to show up again. Your efforts are appreciated!
KahunaKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Cheers Phil for the kind comments.

Who would have thought a couple of guys from Australia would actually take it on and achieve the solution Rolling Eyes ....... how many seats out there that still need saving Question
nilza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Just bringing this back to life quickly, I have been approached by a few parties recently about doing another run.

Anyone in Sambaland like to put their name forward as well?
RickW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

nilza wrote:
Just bringing this back to life quickly, I have been approached by a few parties recently about doing another run.

You can sign me up for a set.
JDYT3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Hi Nilza,

If the same price, I'll take a set. I am in Aus, so do you want me to contact you through Aussieveedubbers?

Regards,

Jed
nilza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Thanks guys,

Jed you can contact me though most of the forums, but my personal email is the most reliable.

[email protected]

The cost is unlikely to be the same due to the Aussie dollar being so poor and shipping in to Oz becoming so expensive. Shouldn't be alot more but I'm not making enough on these to absorb it from my end.
I will of course come back with a price before asking for commitments.
nilza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

RickW wrote:
nilza wrote:

You can sign me up for a set.

Thanks for your support Rick.

Set of 4? (2 seats) or 1pair of adjusters (1 seat)
nilza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Here we are again!

Another batch will be due to land on my desk in around 2 weeks, Can I please have a quick show of hands who in Sambaland is after 1 or 2 pairs? I would hate for some of our long-standing supporters to miss out.

Names I do have are,

Kristof D - 2pair
JDYT3 - 2 pair
Rick W - 2 pair
Tony R - 2 pair

If I have missed anyone or anyone should be removed from the list please let me know soon. We have 3 Pairs left unspoken for at the moment, but if we act soon we can still up the size of the order if required.

The cost for our US friends will remain the same at $USD75 a pair with a $30 postage to most areas.

While the failing Aussie dollar will mean we are up to $120AU on this side of the pond.

For those not wanting to read 7 pages to get the rundown, here is the Samba add again for the compressed version.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2008828

Last edited by nilza on Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RickW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Hey Nilza, I missed your earlier post, 2 pair for me, please.

Thank you!
nilza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

RickW wrote:
Hey Nilza, I missed your earlier post, 2 pair for me, please.

Thank you!

no problem Rick,

Thankyou
nilza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Dragging my feet a little on this.

My kitchen is currently under renovation and seeing as my office is attached to that guess where all the build materials are being kept? Laughing

The parts are on the way to me with a projected date of 6th of July. I will again start contacting people and make payment arrangements.

I have also decided this will be the last batch and will instead be looking to have them sold though some of the parts houses in the US and UK. Unfortunately for those who miss out on this batch will find themselves paying substantially more.
nilza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:32 am    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Box of shiney things landed on my desk today.

4 Pairs straight out the door, but still waiting on a lot of replys.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

KahunaKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Time for a revival of this thread Very Happy Smile Wink
tvtommy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

I received a pair, they are installed....great product!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Peters Van
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

finally got the panelvan seats done
new adjuster cams installed (thanks nilza great product)
what should i be lubricating them with ?????

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: